• Welcome to Minr.org

Server IP: zero.minr.org 

Java Version: 1.20.2

Who are we?

Welcome to one of the oldest Minecraft servers and communities in the world! Zero.minr.org dates back over 13 years and has been consistently providing endless hours of fun and excitement for players from all over the globe. With an uptime of 99%, you can count on us to be here for you whenever you're in the mood for some challenging minecraft parkour, puzzles and mazes.

Our server is home to over 600+ challenges, each designed to keep you engaged and entertained for months on end. These challenges have been created, tested and curated by our green membership community, who are true experts in all things challenges! Our community is made up of some of the most dedicated and skilled players, who have completed our Hardcore set of challenges and continue to create new and innovative experiences for our server.

At our core, we are strongly committed to fair play and against any form of pay-to-win features. We have been privately funded since our inception, which has allowed us to provide a level playing field for all our players, free of any hidden advantages. This dedication to fair play has resulted in a thriving community where everyone has a chance to excel and showcase their skills.

So why not join us and become a part of something truly special? Who knows, you may even have what it takes to create a challenge that will remain on our server for years to come. Whether you're a seasoned Minecraft veteran or a newcomer to the game, we look forward to welcoming you to our server.

For more information about zero.minr.org click here.

The biggest change to Zero you've seen

Zatharel

Другар
Op
Board
Nov 5, 2013
2 years ago, on this exact date, a new player - a whitie joined. His name was Zatharel. He didn't say anything, he just slowly entered the strange sand temple. He quickly read through the FAQ - he didn't read it in detail, but he did read it. And so, he continued to roam around the server while reading what other people said in the chat... *insert the rest of my story here*

But enough about me, I'd like to hear about you.
To celebrate these 2 years of tort...I mean joy, I want to ask you all:
What is the biggest change to Zero you've seen since you first joined?

Personally, there are 2 things that I've seen change:
1) The Community
I vaguely remember some people from the first time I joined and yet, I see almost none of them on the server now.
So, the community has definitely changed.
2) Myself
From the noob I was in 2012, who couldn't even beat Mineco and who rage quit because of Tower Parkour for a few months, I've become what I long thought was impossible - a greenie.

Now, what have you seen change over the past years?

skyerzz

Awesome
Greenie
Nov 2, 2013
For one, indeed, the community. Almost no-one is online anymore, with which i was a whitie, or a blue.
And furthermore the biggest change of zero would be the forums for me, since this one is a lot better then the old one :) (it didnt have to be server related, did it?)

Zatharel

Другар
Op
Board
Nov 5, 2013
For one, indeed, the community. Almost no-one is online anymore, with which i was a whitie, or a blue.
And furthermore the biggest change of zero would be the forums for me, since this one is a lot better then the old one :) (it didnt have to be server related, did it?)
Well I did say Zero, but this is technically a part of Zero so no problem :)

DistinctMadness

Old Green
Greenie
Nov 2, 2013
ummm.... nothing has really changed? at least not for me. I guess the usage of irc has gone up a lot since the beginning

blie4

Not a Peon
Greenie
Nov 3, 2013
Definitely the community, for one. I've seen quite a lot of greens come and go in the mere year I've been on the server, and many greens that I knew while I was in HC got Mod.

TheForgottenUser

Honorary green
Greenie
Whitey
Nov 3, 2013
What have I seen...

1) Community has gotten a lot stronger.
2) FTB/tekkit/Mod Server has changed hands far too many times. XD

Srentiln

minr op since Nov 2011
Op
Oct 28, 2013
When I first joined zero, there was a lot more emphasis on survival and the hc system was the only course system. I have since seen the passion for creating an enjoyable challenge grow and spark the need for an ffa and then an ffa+ system. While survival is an option, it has largely become an ignored thing with some builders feeling a sense of entitlement towards gaining materials without the effort of gathering them. I myself have had to encourage people to do the work when they lazily asked me to WE things in, and always got a form of thanks when they felt the true sense of pride in their work from having made the effort.

So my two main things: an increase in desire to make the courses, and a lowering of the patience required to make them live up to their full potential.

MOUTHWEST

Custom title
Greenie
Oct 26, 2013
Sren covered my topic of choice, but I can elaborate more:

Pre-beta 1.8, Mineco was a pain to beat. Without sprint and health regeneration, some old 2-across-1-up jumps would be the hardest things we'd have to face. Once sprint became a thing, most of our parkour dipped drastically in difficulty because all of the new shortcuts made jumps easy or altogether avoidable. However, with sprint came a new diversity of jumps that could be used, and we as the parkour pioneers that we were took full advantage of it, bringing us some of the best courses we have now. Also, after Drahmee (previous course admin) left, the quality of FFA started declining, due to everyone having their creations thrown in. There was no longer much organization to the maps, and the staff were each throwing in their two cents to change HC without minding FFA too much. I have watched and had a huge part in fixing this system up, and there is still a bit to do, but it is much better than it was.

- Sprint ruined many old maps but brought in the best works we have now
- FFA had lost some quality but rebounded to be much better than it had ever been before

jagman77

Killer of Very Large Horses
Greenie
Oct 27, 2013
I think one of the biggest things was seeing how ffa and hc have developed, with the implementation of the blue rank, and ffa changing from a semicircle of maps on top of the ship to being moved below deck, have difficulty added, and even having to add another level to the ship to cover all the maps.

MeisterXehanort

The best user.
Greenie
Oct 27, 2013
I think the biggest change is every time the spawn changes.

Also I actually still see a lot of people from when I was in HC, so yay.

jagman77

Killer of Very Large Horses
Greenie
Oct 27, 2013
One of the only people I see from when I was in hc, or did see before I started trade school, was hc, I think everyone else who was round at the time has left

Apr 16, 2014
Definitely the community. I have not really seen that much change except for the community. Mostly on how much greens/blues have formed. I have not been on this server for a while, and about 5 or 4 months ago, There were a lot of blues. some examples are Red_Eyed_Cat, FartyPhartFast, GraveBound, and much more. And they all are green now. Also how the server works, and how you do curtain things now.

Kaddekes

Peon
Greenie
Oct 29, 2013
As Sren first said. The server evolved from a survival server with some maps to gain building rights to a specialized server focused on the hundreds of maps we have now.

Also the quality and quantity of the maps have definitely improved. Some truly innovative, beautiful and fun maps saw the light under the servers gaining expertise.

rickyboy320

Administrator
Op
Nov 18, 2013
Community.
What I also think is very nice is the evolving from the community apart of eachother to a more involved community. Like doing TAR, NW, Minr Mafia and such.
Thanks forgot & HC!

discodecepticon

New Fish
Whitey
Sep 9, 2014
Biggest change... the fact that you have options on what maps(or whatever) to run. /oldmans voice "back in my day there was just the one courses/ group of courses... no check points. DEATH = %100 start over"

nahfackler

Peon
Aug 8, 2014
I think The biggest and greatest change was seeing most of the greenies on the server go form blue to green, like Henni, Zdemon, ElectroUnderwear, I have seen greens become Ops like Skyerzz and yeroc424

The maps that have gone from FFA to the valley and from FFA to ffa+ or the valley maps get introduced.

The changes in 2yrs for me are really amazing just seeing people who don't use swear/cuss words in their language to just having fun.

And of course, Me who is bringing back old forum games and things.

That is what I see in Zero, a community that is always changing.

Let there be more changes in the future

Your friend,

nahfackler

chunkyboy12

Peon
Greenie
May 4, 2014
My biggest change I've seen in Minr is probably different than most of you all posting here, because my history on Minr is shorter than most here. I came on Minr around 1 year and 2 months ago, but I only played a few maps as a whitie, rage quit mineco, then quit the server for about 5 months.
So basically, my history on Minr started around March of this year.

The biggest change for me that I've seen is the sheer number of greenies on the server. When I first joined Minr, one of the things I remember is that at all times I joined there were rarely any greens on. Occasionally a green would come on and everyone would be like "hey!"
Another thing that has changed for me is really getting to know the community. When I was a whitie and a blue, I didn't really know that many people, only the other blues that were doing HC with me. Since becoming a green, I have definitely made lots of friends and gotten to know many many more people on Minr and this has gotten to be my minecraf t"home" if you would call it.

One last thing that I've seen change is the number of maps on the server. When I first joined, another of the few things I remember is that there was only 1 room of mazes and one room of puzzles, and parkours were just starting to get on the second floor. I'm very glad there are so many more maps now, which means a better experience for players.

Thanks for making Minr a great place for everyone

-chunkyboy12

creeperTNTman198

Lord of the Creepers
Mod
Nov 2, 2013
I have seen greens become Ops like Skyerzz and yeroc424
Yeroc has been Op for a long time… Sky is the first new op in forever.

The biggest change I've seen is the community, and not always in a positive way. I have seen a huge increase in the number of greens, but not all of them have really been deserving of the rank. I've also seen an increase in greens (and just people in general) helping people in HC. However, I've also made some great friends over my time as a green, and some of the other new greens really deserve to be green. I've seen an increase in the standards for FFA/FFA+, which was very nice, and I've seen more and more people work on making their maps good rather then just try and churn out map after map, most of which would end up being bad. Finally, I've seen an increase in the forums being used, which sometimes lends itself to spam, but in the long run, more people on the forums is good for the server.