Hi and welcome to Minr.org
Who are we?
We are minecrafts 3rd oldest server and the oldest challenge and parkour dedicated server in the world. Our map dates over 7.5 years and our server has had an uptime of 99%. We have over 250 challenges which will keep you occupied for months. All of our challenges have been created by our member base who have completed our hardcore maps. You yourself could one day be creating a challenge for our server if you ever achieve the green membership rank. For more information about zero.minr.org click here...
More information below.
Our Server has grown vastly in popularity and challenges. We have enough mazes, parkour and puzzles to keep you occupied for months.
We take membership very seriously and each individual is scanned before becoming a full member of the community. All of the challenges you play today are built by people who were once in the same boat as you.
We have intergrated our very own checkpoint and point system plugins to make your experience as enjoyable and less frustrating as possible.
If you are new to Minecraft, use the following steps:
You need a Minecraft client and a valid user account.
Start the Minecraft client, login, click 'Multiplayer' then 'Add server' and enter this:
Server name : Zero
Server address : zero.minr.org
Click 'Done' and double-click the server to connect.
Parkour is a main challenge type, as it is the most common challenge type we have on zero! Parkour consists of getting from A to B using a path that presents physical difficulty or danger to cross. The most common form is in jumps across gaps, but we also include falling sections where the goal is to land safely at the bottom of a large descent.
Maze is another main challenge type. Mazes are challenges of navigation through a series of branching paths. Most paths do not lead to the exit. Mazes typically allow you to backtrack, even if you find a dead-end. Mazes can be 2-dimensional or 3-dimensional, have changing pathways, and have possibly no dead-ends but a bunch of loops instead.
Puzzles are a main challenge type. Puzzles require thinking beyond just finding an answer and applying it. Puzzles may require logic, deductive reasoning, and abstract thinking to be solved. They may come in the form of riddles, math problems, or clue sets. Most puzzles have defined rules, but some involve figuring out the essence of the challenge itself without anything said.
Searches are a main challenge type. Searches involve finding some sort of "key" to "unlock" the correct path. This may involve finding signs with answer information, or hitting buttons that briefly open access to other buttons, or looking for some sort of hidden trigger to a locked door. As this is more looking than solving, this has been created and separated from the Puzzle type. Both Puzzles and Searches share the same rooms.
Guesses are a sub-type, as no maps are pure Guess maps. Instead, Guess challenges are mixed in commonly with Mazes and Parkour. In a Guess challenge, the goal is to pick a correct path from a group of potential paths without any form of clues or insight. For this reason, Guesses are notorious for being time wasters, as it usually takes multiple tries to find the correct path. The punishment for choosing a wrong path is usually death or a large setback, and once committed to a path, there is no way to back out of it.
Mobs are a sub-type as well. Mobs are challenges where the threat of dying to hostile mobs is present. Sometimes the mobs are to be avoided entirely, sometimes you will have to get through a few mobs to progress, and sometimes it is required for you to kill all the mobs before advancing. Some Mobs maps give armor and weapons before you have to face them.
Co-op maps are a sub-type. Co-op maps are designed specifically for two or more people. The challenge may require you to work with another person to beat it, or it may pit you up against the other person. Some Co-op maps can be completed with only one person, but others require at least two people.
Adventure maps are a main challenge type. They are unique in that they are a combination of at least three different types, and are typically longer than the average map. They focus around a story or a plot, and this plot goes beyond just an exposition at the beginning and a denouement at the end. The map follows the journey of the player and is molded around their experience as a person, instead of focusing solely on the environment.
Hopefully this guide helps to understand the meaning of each challenge type! Thanks for reading!
- White - New Player - Access to FFA levels areas only
- Blue - Elite Player - Access to HC, has 20 FFA points.
- Green - Member - Access to full map with build rights, access to greenies area on the forum.
- Dark Green - Moderator - Enforces the rules, can mute kick and ban.
- Orange - OP/Admin
- Get 20 FFA Points to become Blue and get access to the Hardcore levels.
- Complete the Hardcore levels.
If you are not a green member yet: apply to become a green player using this form. (Ensure you are logged into the forum)
So what now? First things first, read the rules below or do /warp green.
Secondly.... Explore our vast world, for you have only just scratched the surface, ask to join in some exciting new level build or how about build your own? If you want to add a new maze to FFA simply ask an op to protect and create a teleport to your maze or post on the forum with the coordinates. Our world is your oyster. You can find our creative world by doing /warp theta
Thirdly..... Join our discord channel, download the app and linger on our channel to get to know the community. You can find out more here.
As a fully fledged member of minr there are some expectations and rules to our membership, you now part represent the server with your rank so we ask that players act mature and helpful to other players on the server.
- Do not build on unused land but to not touch/grief unprotected builds.
- Do not use /rocket to complete FFA maps.
- Do not log into other players accounts/account switch.
- Do not help players with HC in any way shape or form.
- You can work with other players in FFA providing you have not completed the map previously.
- Do not re-enter HC
- If you find a glitch on a map please report it, do not abuse it!
- You can ask ops to protect areas, or help with scriptblocks or command blocks on your maps.
- You can make a general query or complaint to an op or alternatively post it on the forum.
- You can contact any staff directly if there is a problem on the server. Staff are able to monitor and take action via discord.
- /sethome <number/home name>
- /call - Request a teleport to a player.
- /bring - Accept a teleport request from a player.
- /survival - Sets you to survival mode
- /warp x - Warps you to the first city in minr, over 6 years old!
- /warp f - Warps you to c_ville and newer city with plots, resource parkour is located here.
- /warp r - Direct warp to resource parkour (not in use anymore).
- /warp fortuna - Another ancient city on the server.
- /warp vc - Vector City
- /warp spawn - Includes warps to all spawns.
- /warp theta - Warps you to the creative world.
- /warp valley - Collection of maps that never made it into FFA
- /warp delta - Warps your to our pure survival world
Here are a few tips about making a good if not successful ban appeal.
NOTE: This is not a guaranteed get out of jail card but it often is the difference between being granted or declined.
- Be honest, lying will get you nowhere at all. We can tell if you were cheating and who banned you. So seriously don't lie. This is a quick way for your appeal to fail instantly.
- Don't claim you were banned for no reason. We have a truly dedicated team of admins and mods who do not ban people for no reason. You were banned for a reason. We have the logs to prove it.
- Don't be rude, we're going to possibly give you another chance. If you want to be arrogant in your appeal this will probably not fare well.
- Be sincere, if you know you have done wrong, apologize for it.
- Patience is a virtue, we have lives, our priority is not minr.org, Minecraft or even your ban appeal. Ban appeals are rigorously investigated, it can be time consuming and can take days or even weeks of deliberation for a decision to be made. If some days have passed politely ask for an update.
- The banning admin/mod will have the final say in your ban appeal, So if there is someone you really don't want to upset, it's them. Comments like "this admin/mod banned be for no reason" will probably not go down well.
- Why do you think you should be unbanned? This is probably the most important question you have to answer, take time over this and give a decent explanation. Comments like I want to play on the server won't cut it.