• Hi Guest
    Please take 5 minutes to complete this short survey about your experience on minr and how we can improve the server. Results will be published in the near future.
    Please feel free to share this link.
    Link to Survey

Granted Aidanny Ban Appeal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aidanny

New Fish
Whitey
May 14, 2020
Minecraft Username
Aidanny​

How many times have you been banned on minr?
First Ban​
When were you banned
May 20, 2020​

Why were you banned?
Cheating in HC. Date is approximate.​
Why do you think you should be unbanned?
I believe I was banned for progressing through The Scorned Lands in HC too quickly. I had a friend of mine tell me two of the 4 answers. I initially was still going to try and progress through the map legit, without skipping and entering the answers, but I got frustrated at one section involving flowers and out of frustration went and used the answers given to me. It was one of those decisions you make in the heat of the moment and I immediately regretted it, especially since I had been very excited to be able to do HC legit. I had considered telling the admins about it and asking for a redo or something else to rectify the cheating, but I didn't so that is no excuse.

The other potential reason is that, around Sra/Elusion, I joined up with a few other players who were also on the same map as me. We entered in a discord call together and we all beat HC at roughly the same time, progressing through the last 3 maps all together. I don't believe any of us cheated during this point (I felt bad about my earlier instance and explicitly attempted to avoid it), but if i recall, some of the others I played with in this group were also banned so it is entirely possible we did something wrong. If that is the case, I hope the incorrect actions I took can be explained. Either way, I apologize and hope I have demonstrated it was not my intention.

I mention both these instances in the hopes that my honesty will demonstrate my desire to return. I truly have put a lot of thought into this. I really loved the community and maps on the server and it feels colossally stupid to try to cheat in any capacity for something I had genuinely been excited to be a part of.​
Has agreed that the above is both honest and truthful:
Yes​

Alert - all users
If you have nothing important to add please do not post here

Ajdj

Minr Admin
Op
Oct 28, 2013
Hello,

Your first paragraph accurately surmises why you were banned - you were provided answers by someone who already completed the level. When reviewing the HC run as part of the green application, nobody else was in Scorn when you used these answers, which flagged the run as illegitimate.

The suggested appeal time for answer sharing is highly variable: 1-12 months. With that in mind, I’m willing to accept the appeal on the following conditions:
  • The ban would expire on September 18th, 4 months after the ban was set. You would lose the remainder of the summer to play.
  • Your account would be completely reset, meaning you would need to re-earn the blue rank and replay the new version of HC that went into effect in June.
  • You will need to complete Hardcore alone. This means not interacting / playing with anyone else outside of pure parkour sections.

Please reply below so that I know you've read the added conditions and I will grant the appeal.

Ajdj

Minr Admin
Op
Oct 28, 2013
Ban has been adjusted to expire September 18th, and your account has been reset. Please reach out via forum private message if you find yourself unable to join after Sep 18th.

Status
Not open for further replies.