• Hi Guest
    Please take 5 minutes to complete this short survey about your experience on minr and how we can improve the server. Results will be published in the near future.
    Please feel free to share this link.
    Link to Survey

Granted Dumbmutt Ban Appeal

Status
Not open for further replies.

DumbMutt

I like to break things.
Jul 30, 2018
Minecraft Username
Dumbmutt​

How many times have you been banned on minr?
First Ban​
When were you banned
Feb 14, 2020​

Why were you banned?
I was banned for abusing my green permissions in a purple coin event.
(I can't pinpoint the exact date of when I was banned because I'm having issues with the page of my ban) But it's between 14-24 I believe.​
Why do you think you should be unbanned?
Honestly, I've been pondering for a while about my ban for the past six months. It's been a long and drawn-out thought process and I have a few things I'd like to say about it. When I was first apart of the Minr Community, I took a lot of the things I had for granted. The staff, the community, my hard-earned building permissions just snatched instantly because of my selfish acts that brought everything to a shock. I've dedicated countless hours to this server on large projects as well. Green is not just a rank that is given, it's a creed entrusted into the community who holds this power. I have violated this creed, but disrespecting not only the server rules, but my friends, the staff team, and personally CreepaShadowz, and rmanimal as people. I've lost so much trust from so many people and all I can do is to apologize and hope that anyone would find it in their heart to somewhat forgive me. These months have been deep sorrow within myself apart of the fact I allowed myself to cheat in something that was meant to be fun for the whole server ruining it for countless people. I don't believe "should" be unbanned is a perfect word for this appeal, it's rather a deep apology for everybody I've hurt.

I've had quite a long time to think about my actions and how they affect other people over this long stretch of time. Even then to say that I've "affected" people is quite an understatement to say the least. And I've felt like I've changed as not only a person but a family member to this Minr community I have and still adore. I understand the issues and wrongness in my actions, and I'm ready to prove that I can work as a person on this server.

Thank you for your time, I love you Minr.

-Dumbmutt​
Has agreed that the above is both honest and truthful:
Yes​

Alert - all users
If you have nothing important to add please do not post here

CreepaShadowz

Maze Connoisseur
Mod
Apr 21, 2014
Your appeal would have been great, however, you appealed early. This isn't necessarily a terrible thing (though a lack of self-restraint is what got you banned in the first place), but attempting to cover up that up by saying you weren't sure of the date or your ban in your appeal. You asserted elsewhere that you knew how long you had to go, yet decided to appeal early anyway, then mislead us about the fact. Furthermore, when questioned, you denied this and lied to me until it was no longer feasible to do so. You say you are ready to prove that you can work as a person on this server, but you've failed at the first hurdle.

As a consequence of your actions, you will not be unbanned now. You must wait three times that which you skipped, then three times more for lying about it. You may re-appeal on the 24th of May. Do not appeal before that date.

We will see you then.

Hex

Board Man
Op
Board
Jul 26, 2016
In writing an appeal, you are trying to regain our trust. In lying, even though it was small, you showed that you aren't entirely ready to gain it back. The truth is king here, and accepting all the consequences that your actions might bring is necessary. We all love the server as much as you clearly do, and appealing 10 days early because of an eagerness to get back on isn't something we would shame. At worst, it might result in us not granting it until the appeal was set to be valid, or a couple days after. Speaking the truth here would have been a preferable outcome for everyone. When it comes time to write an appeal again, please remember that the truth, and a full acceptance of the consequences of your actions and words are the keys to convincing us that you are ready to be let back.

Ajdj

Minr Admin
Op
Oct 28, 2013
(I'm aware this is a late reply - I'm not always caught up on these events as they unfold)

I want to revisit why we use the appeal system rather than flat amounts of time some other metric for determining bans - It's meant to be a dialogue between the banning staff member (and by extension, the rest of the staff team such that all staff gain an understanding of the events that lead to the ban). It's my understanding that information from outside our server was used to reach the results above. I feel like this removed the chance for you to explain your side - so I posit this question:
  • Did you know that your were appealing early before submitting the appeal? If yes, then why?

Edit - I have seen the response, but due to irl circumstances, will not be able to respond for a few days.

Last edited:

DumbMutt

I like to break things.
Jul 30, 2018
I knew there was a chance I was appealing early, and I also knew that I was eager to come back to Minr. These things I did on purpose, which I do admit.
Though I know I didn't tell the staff the whole truth, which does warrant a punishment, I also feel as if I wasn't informed. When I was messaged privately by a staff member, I was not informed appealing early was not a "bad" thing, and would be taken somewhat lightly as Hex said above. Usually I'd get a response from the forum rather than a direct message, so this put me in a defensive stance on the situation given. I attempted to make an excuse to get away from the situation un-knowing that I had done nothing wrong but appealing early. (Which I thought at the time I would get punished for as I had no information about this but I was scared because I felt like I was getting somewhat pressured/interrogated at the time.) So instead of directly admitting I panicked and attempted to make up a reasoning for appealing early instead of being flat out with the administrator.

Yes, I understand lying is wrong and is punishable. But I also feel like I wasn't properly given information to reasonably make an actual correct conversation, as I thought I was attempting to avoid another punishment rather than just making an excuse to receive one.
I have nothing against them, I just feel like I wasn't informed correctly before the verdict happened and again, I understand what I did was wrong.

DumbMutt

I like to break things.
Jul 30, 2018
I don't want to anger any staff members with this post, I wish to inform my side of the story, which you aren't obliged to agree with.

DumbMutt

I like to break things.
Jul 30, 2018
I'll also note that I wasn't very open with him at the start, but I started to un-wind because I got emotional during the end of the messages, as I finally figured out what was actually going to happen with me.

DumbMutt

I like to break things.
Jul 30, 2018
Sorry for reposting, but I forgot to say (Since there's no edit button) that none of this is an attempt to get unbanned or a reduce ban, and none of this is an attempt to do anything out of the park. I'm not trying to get out of this situation either, I just wanted to share how I viewed the story at the time being, even if it is false in your eyes now. (This is mainly to make sure there's not any misunderstandings with my replies above.)

Ajdj

Minr Admin
Op
Oct 28, 2013
I have read both appeals, and have been pondering this over for a few days now. One of the things that really sticks out of me about this scenario is that if you had waited another week to appeal, the appeal posted above would almost definitely have been accepted, and you would have been back on the server within this upcoming week.

Looking through the most recent appeal, I genuinely think you’ve shown remorse for what you did in your appeal. I don’t like the thought of having to use all 3 appeals on a single ban, even though this situation is undeniably self-inflicted.

With that in mind, I’m going to give you a choice on one of two slight reprieves on this punishment.

Option 1.
The extension will be shorted to a lesser length. The ban will automatically lift in the middle of April on 4/15. Behind the scenes this approximate length was one of the first ideas suggested as the punishment for appealing early before you were caught in the lie.

Option 2.
I greatly shorten the ban, and you are unbanned 2 weeks after the original day you were advised to make the appeal on (3/9). However, my dialogue with you after Creepa’s initial decision will be considered a third appeal. This means you have maxed out your appeal limit, and will be left without the chance to appeal if you are banned again.

Please let me know (Via this thread or forum PMs) how you would like to proceed.

Last edited:

DumbMutt

I like to break things.
Jul 30, 2018
I have read both appeals, and have been pondering this over for a few days now. One of the things that really sticks out of me about this scenario is that if you had waited another week to appeal, the appeal posted above would almost definitely have been accepted, and you would have been back on the server within this upcoming week.

Looking through the most recent appeal, I genuinely think you’ve shown remorse for what you did in your appeal. I don’t like the thought of having to use all 3 appeals on a single ban, even though this situation is undeniably self-inflicted.

With that in mind, I’m going to give you a choice on one of two slight reprieves on this punishment.

Option 1.
The extension will be shorted to a lesser length. The ban will automatically lift in the middle of April on 4/15. Behind the scenes this approximate length was one of the first ideas suggested as the punishment for appealing early before you were caught in the lie.

Option 2.
I greatly shorten the ban, and you are unbanned 2 weeks after the original day you were advised to make the appeal on 3/9. However, my dialogue with you after Creepa’s initial decision will be considered a third appeal. This means you have maxed out your appeal limit, and will be left without the chance to appeal if you are banned again.

Please let me know (Via this thread or forum PMs) how you would like to proceed.
Do you mind if I can talk to you via private DM's? I have a few questions about the options.

Ajdj

Minr Admin
Op
Oct 28, 2013
From PMs:

Ban adjusted to end on March 9th. This thread is now effectively ban appeals 2 and 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.