• Hi Guest
    Please take 5 minutes to complete this short survey about your experience on minr and how we can improve the server. Results will be published in the near future.
    Please feel free to share this link.
    Link to Survey

Denied Glaivehawk Ban Appeal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Glaivehawk

New Fish
Whitey
Apr 6, 2019
Minecraft Username - Glaivehawk

How many times have you been banned? - First time

Do you know who banned you? - @No

Why were you banned? - I was banned because I finished a blue map in I think 1 minute and 10 seconds and then someone said I was hacking.

When were you banned? - I was banned today (the day I am posting this)

Why do you think you should be unbanned? - I think that I should be unbanned because I have been trying that map for a long time and I wasn't hacking. I had been trying the map for a long time and I was upset when people said I was hacking and when I tried to clear it up I got banned. I think that even though there was a valid reason to think I was hacking, I should be unbanned. This was the first server I found that had a good structure and maps and I really would like to continue playing. Thank you for looking this over and I hope you reconsider my ban.

Ban List Search (Op & mod use only.)

Hex

Board Man
Op
Board
Jul 26, 2016
Hi, Glaive. I will happily unban you if you can give me a reasonable explanation of how you got a time on the map Athenai that beat the old top time by 15 seconds on your first completion.

Glaivehawk

New Fish
Whitey
Apr 6, 2019
Hi, Glaive. I will happily unban you if you can give me a reasonable explanation of how you got a time on the map Athenai that beat the old top time by 15 seconds on your first completion.
Honestly Hex, I don't know how to explain how I did it. All I can say is that I was doing the parkour as fast as I could and I didn't think it was that fast. If this explanation isn't enough (and I doubt that it is enough) I ask if you could unban my account but remove my record from that map. I feel that you are being reasonable for asking for and explanation. Thanks for considering.

Zombie

Freelance Teenage Exorcist
Mod
Board
Jun 8, 2015
unban my account but remove my record from that map
I know i'm not supposed to comment on this as a greenie cuz thats bad and all, however I do want to reply to this.

So here's the problem with your argument Mr/Mrs. Glaive: When it comes to maps like Athenai, the map has been out for so long, and played by so many people that the map is practically at its most optimal point; this means that the quickest path has already been found, therefore the amount of time that could be improved in such a map is in the milliseconds.

This is why your run is suspicious. In terms of what we know of in the optimal route, it's not physically possible to recieve a time as low as what you ran it, not to mention that if it WAS possible, you would have had to been perfect, however you did say you struggled with the map, meaning that the probability of you being able to run it perfectly is extremely low.

I don't want to accuse you of hacking however, here are some reasons as to why we are inclined to believe that you are:
1. Getting a time that is seemingly impossible. (yes there could have been a map glitch, which is why people are understanding)
2. These word choices:
I was upset when people said I was hacking and when I tried to clear it up I got banned.
Being upset can sometime lead to people hacking.
I don't know how to explain how I did it.
Saying something like this is very, very suspicious.
unban my account but remove my record from that map.
If you truly believe your time is legitimate, you would not be asking for your time to be removed.

In total, I cannot prove anything, however i can say that if you were hacking, it is MUCH better to confess to your wrongdoings, and be honest about them, therefor adding some source of credibility to your name.

I'm asking this now because I am genuinely curious...

What did you do to get that time?

Glaivehawk

New Fish
Whitey
Apr 6, 2019
I understand your points about what I said.I wasn't upset about the map I was upset about people saying I was hacking and I understand how I could sound supiscious. I thought that since I was accused of hacking and I couldn't explain it very well, to have a chance of being unbanned it would come at a price. My record was all I could think of. Now onto why your are most likely reading this, my explaination. To try to elaborate more, my explanation is that I tried over and over, and got a near perfect run. Everytime I failed I reset the timer and when I got to the end I spammed clicking so that as soon as I was in range I would click it. I knew I went fast but when I got there I thought it was definitly over 1:30 or like 2 minutes. When I saw the time I was shocked and confused. I saw where people came from by saying I was hacking, I mean it was, even to me, immposible, but I was upset as more people said it. I mean it basically was the whole server beginning to vote if I was a hacker. This as much as I could elaborate and I'm sorry for not elaborating before. Strong points though Zombie, but if I was hacking I would have come clean by now.

Glaivehawk

New Fish
Whitey
Apr 6, 2019
I forgot to add that in my thinking I believed it was better to lose my record and maybe try to get it again than have my record and lose access to the server and have no chance to try anything else.

Hex

Board Man
Op
Board
Jul 26, 2016
Unfortunately, this is where your story sits. Right after you got your time, you said that you thought the time would be around 10 minutes, leading me to believe that you weren't actually trying to speedrun the map. As well, it would be pretty crazy if you optimized the map time by 15 seconds. The map is incredibly optimized already, and I don't believe that you could have optimized the time to that level.

As well, the friend that you were playing with, Carsmaniac55, was using hacks. You had an even shorter time than him on Athenai. This casts a shadow of doubt over everything that you have been saying.

You have had a chance to come clean. Due to the evidence, and your inability to come up with any other sort or reason as to how your time was so low, I have to deny this appeal. The minimum amount of time for this sort of punishment is 18 months, but if you re-appeal in 12 months I may accept your appeal then.

Glaivehawk

New Fish
Whitey
Apr 6, 2019
Ok I understand. I didn't think I would get the appeal, but it was worth a try. Thanks for considering.

Status
Not open for further replies.