• Hi Guest
    Please take 5 minutes to complete this short survey about your experience on minr and how we can improve the server. Results will be published in the near future.
    Please feel free to share this link.
    Link to Survey

Granted JakeyCranks90s Ban Appeal

JakeyCranks90s

New Fish
Whitey
Dec 1, 2019
Minecraft Username
JakeyCranks90s​

How many times have you been banned on minr?
First Ban​
When were you banned
Aug 1, 2019​

Why were you banned?
My older brother was on my computer that day and im pretty sure he typed some racial slurs with his friend, I dont know his friends username. I understand even if it wasnt me it shouldnt of happened. My account my responsibility​
Why do you think you should be unbanned?
I think i should be unbanned because it wasn't me nor my fault that i was banned and ill make sure not to let it happen again. I understand the meaning of saying those things and how it is offensive and derogatory. Thank You.​
Has agreed that the above is both honest and truthful:
Yes​

Alert - all users
If you have nothing important to add please do not post here

Ajdj

TF2 Engineer
Op
Oct 28, 2013
Ban occurred under previous name ANBU_Jakey. @Bananbulle was the banning staff member, so they will review the appeal when they have time.

For the record, the IP address used to login never changed.

Bananbulle

Sailor
Mod
Jan 27, 2014
Hello there Jakey, you were banned together with pig_benis69 (now known as Anthooony_) for repeatedly spamming offensive statements despite being warned.

As you already pointed out, your account is your responsibility and the brother excuse, which is very common among banned players, isn't something we usually can trust or verify.

However, I feel like you're not being entirely truthful and sincere in your appeal and I'm having a very hard time believing your "brother story" due to the following:
  • You and the player you were banned with, who you said was your brother's friend and you claim to not know the name of, appealed within ten minutes of each other. This being highly unlikely to happen unless you know each other.
  • You and the player you were banned with have joined and left the server simultaneously as well as cooperated in maps almost every single time you've been on the server.
  • Under your previous name, CrEaMsiCleZ, you also regularly displayed immature and rude behavior similar to your behavior when you were banned as well as previously earning yourself three mutes, meaning you seem very capable of this behavior yourself.
With this is in mind I currently cannot accept your appeal or your explanation as to why you were banned and why you should be unbanned as reasonable or truthful. To me it looks like an attempt to shift the blame to someone else instead of taking responsibility for your own actions which is an important part in an appeal as well as in making a change.

I'm willing to hear you out if you have any explanation that would make me believe your story, but I'd recommend just being honest.

JakeyCranks90s

New Fish
Whitey
Dec 1, 2019
Hello there Jakey, you were banned together with pig_benis69 (now known as Anthooony_) for repeatedly spamming offensive statements despite being warned.

As you already pointed out, your account is your responsibility and the brother excuse, which is very common among banned players, isn't something we usually can trust or verify.

However, I feel like you're not being entirely truthful and sincere in your appeal and I'm having a very hard time believing your "brother story" due to the following:
  • You and the player you were banned with, who you said was your brother's friend and you claim to not know the name of, appealed within ten minutes of each other. This being highly unlikely to happen unless you know each other.
  • You and the player you were banned with have joined and left the server simultaneously as well as cooperated in maps almost every single time you've been on the server.
  • Under your previous name, CrEaMsiCleZ, you also regularly displayed immature and rude behavior similar to your behavior when you were banned as well as previously earning yourself three mutes, meaning you seem very capable of this behavior yourself.
With this is in mind I currently cannot accept your appeal or your explanation as to why you were banned and why you should be unbanned as reasonable or truthful. To me it looks like an attempt to shift the blame to someone else instead of taking responsibility for your own actions which is an important part in an appeal as well as in making a change.

I'm willing to hear you out if you have any explanation that would make me believe your story, but I'd recommend just being honest.
Yes i am sorry to not be truthful with you, i just didnt expect to get off easy with what i did because it was very offensive. I take full blame for what i did and will make sure not to do it again, as this is the only good server out there for puzzles. Thank you :)

Bananbulle

Sailor
Mod
Jan 27, 2014
Thank you for confessing Jakey.

Together with your more honest response, the fact that this is your first ban and that the recommended time for your offense (3 months) has elapsed I am willing to grant your appeal.

However, due to you lying in the first place I'm going to change the permanent ban in to a one month temporary ban to mark that we don't take lies lightly in our appeals. I hope that you can understand and accept my decision.

In the meantime (and also when you come back on the server) you can familiarize yourself with the server's rules on the wiki ( https://wiki.minr.org/Server_Rules ).

I hope you take this second chance seriously and avoid similar behavior in the future as it will lead to harsher punishments.

Bananbulle

Sailor
Mod
Jan 27, 2014
The one month temporary ban came in to effect when I granted your appeal meaning you'll be unbanned by January 6th.