Status
Not open for further replies.

Liquifies

New Fish
Whitey
Jul 18, 2020
Minecraft Username
Liquifies​

How many times have you been banned on minr?
First Ban​
When were you banned
Jun 18, 2020​

Why were you banned?
"Hacking"​
Why do you think you should be unbanned?
Whether I'm unbanned doesn't really matter but I decided to make an appeal just to state my opinion. Also I guess I'm able to make an appeal now that it's march. I was banned for "hacking" supposedly, but there was little evidence to actually display if I was hacking. I would be understandable if my ban appeal was aimed more towards what I was accused of in my ban appeal (answer sharing), but that was yet to be determined and I was just banned for hacking. I would be fine with this ban if it was the legitimate truth. I was banned for hacking on little to no evidence. No recording, audio, screenshots, were used. Just a staff members "word" was enough evidence to convince them that I was cheating. I understand trusting your staff and I deem that an important quality in a server, but allowing your player to be banned on no evidence is truly ridiculous. If I had been hacking it would've seemed more appropriate to A. Just wait until I actually did something that you could prosecute me for, and have footage of some type. B. Question be about it at that time, you can quarantine the player and just ask them to do a series of steps to deem if they are hacking. You could have even made me stay on the server and just verify through discord that I wasn't hacking, but I'm sure that could be seen as faulty. Anyways whether or not I'm banned the situation could have been smoother regardless. It's not necessarily one parties fault, but I do put the blame on the staff banning me for the limited evidence that proved little to nothing. That's all I have to say on the matter. My ban time is up so whether or not you choose to unban me is up to you. Thank you for your time.​
Has agreed that the above is both honest and truthful:
Yes​

Alert - all users
If you have nothing important to add please do not post here

Srentiln

minr op since Nov 2011
Op
Oct 28, 2013
@Bailey06 was banning staff according to the record.

To answer your claim, I can assure you that no member of staff takes action without evidence, either through server data or first-hand witnessing. Doing so would not be conducive to maintaining the friendly environment we worked hard to create.

Liquifies

New Fish
Whitey
Jul 18, 2020
Well I guess in this instance we just have to agree to disagree on whether or not one staff members word is enough to satisfy an entire ban. I'll continue to stick to my claim that I have never hacked on the server because that is the truth. It is understandable to believe your staff to a certain extent, but regardless I never hacked. Even with the staff members witness account it was still spotty and I find it hard to believe I was banned for that sole accusation.

Bailey06

The Anti-Navigationalist
Op
Board
Oct 29, 2017
Our staff team is small enough to confidently trust eyewitness accounts as reliable evidence for a ban. This isn't to say that we're infallible, but it's more than enough for us. If the ban was mistaken, then that's very unfortunate.

I'm a bit confused as to why you would understand the situation more if you had been banned for answer sharing. I'm not sure if you're admitting to answer sharing? Either way, you were linked to a group of answer-sharing/hacking users that further decreased your credibility at the time.

As for your actual appeal, I'd prefer to know if you actually have an interest in returning to the server. The time I gave to you has already passed; if you were to come back, I'd like to know that you're willing to follow the server rules.

Though I see the potential for frustration, your appeal could have more respectfully communicated your perspective. We work extremely hard to moderate the server effectively.

Status
Not open for further replies.