• Welcome to Minr.org

Server IP: zero.minr.org 

Java Version: 1.20.2

Who are we?

Welcome to one of the oldest Minecraft servers and communities in the world! Zero.minr.org dates back over 13 years and has been consistently providing endless hours of fun and excitement for players from all over the globe. With an uptime of 99%, you can count on us to be here for you whenever you're in the mood for some challenging minecraft parkour, puzzles and mazes.

Our server is home to over 600+ challenges, each designed to keep you engaged and entertained for months on end. These challenges have been created, tested and curated by our green membership community, who are true experts in all things challenges! Our community is made up of some of the most dedicated and skilled players, who have completed our Hardcore set of challenges and continue to create new and innovative experiences for our server.

At our core, we are strongly committed to fair play and against any form of pay-to-win features. We have been privately funded since our inception, which has allowed us to provide a level playing field for all our players, free of any hidden advantages. This dedication to fair play has resulted in a thriving community where everyone has a chance to excel and showcase their skills.

So why not join us and become a part of something truly special? Who knows, you may even have what it takes to create a challenge that will remain on our server for years to come. Whether you're a seasoned Minecraft veteran or a newcomer to the game, we look forward to welcoming you to our server.

For more information about zero.minr.org click here.

Minr Mafia XXII - Spirits (Game Over)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Conductor

Peon
Mod
Jan 9, 2019

The day was marked with alternating torrents of rain and sunlight. Where the skies had been grey minutes before, the darkness quickly gave way to a clear blue sky. An indication of fortune one might think, until the rain started yet again, giving the passengers aboard the express no time to acclimatise to the weather outside. Furthermore, as the train travelled further north, some passengers were starting to feel a little under the weather.

Lord Boreal was among them. Cursing himself for forgetting to pack him handkerchief, he sniveled as he leaned against the windowpane, taking in the scenery outside whilst the weather permitted it. Reminiscing about today's events, a soft knock on his cabin door disturbed his thoughts. His food had arrived. To his surprise today's dish was rabbit in a stew of thick vegetables. Delicious and nutritious. After finishing said meal, it was time to return to organizing his thoughts.

The day started off with the now regular round of votes. Moriarty and Dr. Frankenstein both seemed to catch the brunt of the votes today. After some confusion what would drive someone to pursue a career as a Tracer, and what they actually did for a living, Arthur Doyle decided to start the day with changing his mind on his idea who is evil, rather than starting off slowly with a cup of coffee and some breakfast. "Mrs. Coulter is surely evil, or abysmal at taking guesses. They have not been very active either. Time to see what this is all about". Others quickly followed suit. Before midday, he managed to convince four other passengers that it was time for her to depart.

Lord Boreal took a sip of his tea, after which he managed to suppress a sneeze. Decided his back needed a change of posture, he laid down sideways and closed his eyes. Soon the memories started rushing in again.

Mrs. Coulter defended herself by saying she has been too occupied to even be involved in any evil organization of any sort. Trying to deflect the suspicion on herself, she also stated that Watson's sudden absence of life has something to do with the situation, and not her. All of this fell on deaf ears, however. Not a person even appeared to have heard a single word of what she uttered. Instead, everyone was focused on the ongoing feud between Arthur Doyle and Lord Boreal, with the former trying to point fingers at, in his eyes, seemed to be a valid connection: "If Mrs. Coulter is evil, then Victor Pritchett and Howard Lovecraft are, as well". This ended up being considered 'grasping at straws' by some of the passengers. With a last-ditch effort to unite the people present, Victor Pritchett explained his reasoning and stressed the importance of not blindly voting but taking in account a lot of different factors.

That said, at the end of the days there were still no other leads, so it was time for Mrs. Coulter to depart from this mortal plane. Or should I say train? They forced open her cabin door, and after a very brief struggle she was overpowered and dragged to the back of the train. Not much you can do against five people and nobody to defend you.

At the end of the day, the vount count was thus:

--- VOTE COUNT ---

[5] Mrs. Coulter - Ford Prefect, Arthur Doyle, Lystacrl, Montalbano, Robert Blake
[2] Dr. Frankenstein - Dr. Constantine, Meriadoc
[1] Lord Boreal - Moriarty
[1] Moriarty - Mrs. Coulter
[1] Meriadoc - Lord Boreal
[1] Victor Pritchett - Victor Pritchett
[1] Lystacrl - Dr. Frankenstein
[1] Arthur Doyle - Charles Lindbergh

Mrs. Coulter, the PASSENGER, has been thrown into a ravine!
lomour, the Mafia PARASITE, has been exorcised!

--- INFORMATION ---
The phase ends in 48 hours, at 2019/02/10 04:00 am UTC.
Please note that Mrs. Coulter's flip was adjusted shortly after publication due to an error. We apologise for any misunderstandings.

--- END OF NOTICE ---

Last edited by a moderator:

Arthur Doyle

Minr Mafia
Jan 19, 2019
Poor Mrs Coulter....

On the bright side, we killed a mafia parasite!

Does this mean we now have to figure out which now-dead character is missing and was possessed by this Lomour character?

Lystacrl

Minr Mafia
Jan 19, 2019
I’ll be honest, didn’t really expect Coulter to be innocent but seems she was. At the very least we gotten rid of one mafia, assuming there are 3 others left?

Victor Pritchett

Minr Mafia
Jan 19, 2019
She's not mafia, so does that clear me? Also we have a holy man aboard? Doesn't anyone have any clues as to whom? Feel free to dm if you are comfortable doing so. I surely don't want to make anymore "stupid" votes so best to be informed. (Sorry, I'm petty).

Edit: I'd like to apologize for my behavior. I let personal feelings get in the way and may have painted myself in a bad light. Truely sorry to all.

Last edited:

Arthur Doyle

Minr Mafia
Jan 19, 2019
Victor, I'm not willing to give up on you yet. What if Lomour had taken their action with regard to Mrs Coulter, not knowing who would be killed when they took that action, and when I targeted Mrs Coulter, it put Lomour in danger of death also?

When I did target her, we had both Howard Lovecraft and Victor Pritchett try to steer the vote away from her.

Could that be because they're mafia and knew a vote for Coulter was a vote for Lomour also?

Discuss......

Victor Pritchett

Minr Mafia
Jan 19, 2019
Correction. I did not try to steer the vote away from her. I just said I didn't believe her to be mafia, and wasn't voting her. I feel you are just speaking in circles at this point, and it means nothing. I've reached out to you and shared my info. It would be fair to say that I have been more on a team with you than I have with Coulter or Lovecraft. I think it's safe to say that I won't be sharing info with someone who is convinced that I'm evil despite me reaching out to you before.

Robert Blake

Minr Mafia
Jan 19, 2019
TBH, I suspect Arthur Doyle at this point. He seems very active about trying to steer the votes with very little evidence, which is the type of thing a mafia seems likely to do. He is also very quick to accuse people based on the smallest of things

(If I read correctly, night time votes roll over to the morning as long as the passenger survives)

If anyone has any evidence on this matter, please speak it

#vote arthur doyle

Montalbano

Minr Mafia
Jan 19, 2019
Ho stop.
Coulter is not innocent, she's yellow - unaligned.

What I think happened is Coulter was mafia, but this game works differently than we think.

Note that when a mafia is killed, the controller is named, instead of the character. This makes me think this mafia role in specific can sort of attach to characters... parasite?

Also note that there isn't any mention of another kill in the post.

Coulter was mafia, and this was a win for us. It seems you were right, Arthur.

Last edited:

Dr. Frankenstein

Minr Mafia
Jan 19, 2019
I think that despite the fact that lomour has died, we may have won nothing tonight. For all you would know the parasite carrier maybe just passes on the parasite to someone else, killing themselves, whilst a new Mafia is 'recruited'.

Dr. Frankenstein

Minr Mafia
Jan 19, 2019
We definitely should look more into this "Mafia Parasite".
lomour didn't just suddenly die out of nowhere, unless something else happened. My guess is that:
a) He was infected by the parasite and thus, killed.
b) He is the true Mafia Parasite and has passed the parasite onto someone else, killing himself.
c) Someone killed lomour without any of us knowing.

It would indeed come in handy to figure out what lomour's identity is, as he is the only mafia lead we can go on right now to find any other mafia.

Lord Boreal

Minr Mafia
Jan 19, 2019
I think Watson’s sudden and out-of-nowhere death might have something do with this Parasite mystery. Maybe he chose to use whatever ability he had on Mrs. Coulter on day 2, which killed his spirit and gave him control of Coulter’s?

A little specific, but it’s the only way I can make sense of Watson’s isolated sudden death, nothing else really makes sense gameplay-wise.

Last edited:

Montalbano

Minr Mafia
Jan 19, 2019
I think that's a feasible theory boreal. It seems that watson was at some point taken by the parasite, considering his alignment. Maybe lomour first took command of Watson, then jumped ships to Coulter and left him for dead. We just happened to kill coulter while lomour was using her as a host.

Maybe he could only jump ships every x days.

I doubt there are multiple parasites, but it is likely a good amount of info was jeopardized.

No we do not have to trace lomours passenger, that was Coulter. @Howard Lovecraft

We lynched lomour @Dr. Frankenstein, coulter was his host. I don't see how his role can pass parasites onto other people, that would be a bit overpowered. Also, parasite doesn't mean infectuous spread of deadly creatures, it simply means a creature that has a parasitic symbiotic relationship with another creature. Here: lomour was the parasite, coulter was the host.

If you kill the host, you kill the parasite.

Howard Lovecraft

Minr Mafia
Jan 19, 2019
I'm still a bit foggy on a few things... did lomour take control of Coulter's whole account?? What happened to the player who was originally Mrs Coulter??

Barton Hepburn

Minr Mafia
Jan 19, 2019
During the day i received a message from Charles Lindbergh asking me to not vote up Mrs Coulter. Whilst her allignment may have been changed throughout this journey it stilll rises suspicion. :eek:

Lord Boreal

Minr Mafia
Jan 19, 2019
Several others have mentioned that you messaged them asking them to not vote for Coulter, Lindbergh. This supports my theory that perhaps there is some sort of possessor role? Would make sense because they naturally wouldn't have wanted Coulter to die.

Victor Pritchett

Minr Mafia
Jan 19, 2019
Do you think that would mean that someone could potentially have access to a passenger's inbox if they possess them? I mean, I know he sent out msgs to people as many of us got the same one, but does that also mean reading all the conversations we already have?

Status
Not open for further replies.