• Hi Guest
    Please take 5 minutes to complete this short survey about your experience on minr and how we can improve the server. Results will be published in the near future.
    Please feel free to share this link.
    Link to Survey

Denied qcv Ban Appeal

Status
Not open for further replies.

qcv

New Fish
Whitey
Jun 20, 2019
Minecraft Username
qcv​

How many times have you been banned on minr?
Second Ban​
When were you banned
Jul 12, 2019​

Why were you banned?
"Hacking"​
Why do you think you should be unbanned?
I wasn't hacking, I'm just that good.​
Has agreed that the above is both honest and truthful:
Yes​

Alert - all users
If you have nothing important to add please do not post here

Bailey06

The Anti-Navigationalist
Mod
Board
Oct 29, 2017
Hey qcv, I watched you for ~8 hours yesterday. While your parkour runs seemed clean, every other HC map was quite suspicious.

- First, in Chillers' Door Maze, you picked 2 doors and 2 holes. Altogether, the chances of you doing what you did are about .0288%. Also, the first door and hole you chose were either adjacent to the exit or easily mistakable for the exit if one was freecamming or using x-ray. In Funkytown, you also chose the correct door on your first try after oddly standing still in front of your options.
- In Lava Maze:
1. You would stand still for prolonged periods of time, staring into walls or other irrelevant areas, before one-shotting sections of the maze that you had never seen before. These one-shots were inconsistent with your behavior in the maze before relogging, when you weren't able to find the correct pathway without quite a bit of searching around.​
2. At one point, you jumped into a wall of lava to try and reach a separate pathway that would've furthered your progress considerably in the maze. There is no indication that there is a path here and there were no signs of you using F5, which means that the only way a player could have known about that path is if they were somehow able to see past the lava. See here: qcv: Corner Jump
- In MYTH you would struggle for some time in the mazes, seem to grow frustrated, and relog. After relogging, you would stand still for a while before miraculously finding the exits. We saw the same pattern in Wolly Mammoth.

All of this information points very strongly to the use of freecam or other game-altering hacks. If you would like to give me a logical explanation of how these mannerisms were legitimate, I'm all ears. Otherwise, I would advise you to be truthful in your reply.

qcv

New Fish
Whitey
Jun 20, 2019
Hey qcv, I watched you for ~8 hours yesterday. While your parkour runs seemed clean, every other HC map was quite suspicious.

- First, in Chillers' Door Maze, you picked 2 doors and 2 holes. Altogether, the chances of you doing what you did are about .0288%. Also, the first door and hole you chose were either adjacent to the exit or easily mistakable for the exit if one was freecamming or using x-ray. In Funkytown, you also chose the correct door on your first try after oddly standing still in front of your options.
- In Lava Maze:
1. You would stand still for prolonged periods of time, staring into walls or other irrelevant areas, before one-shotting sections of the maze that you had never seen before. These one-shots were inconsistent with your behavior in the maze before relogging, when you weren't able to find the correct pathway without quite a bit of searching around.​
2. At one point, you jumped into a wall of lava to try and reach a separate pathway that would've furthered your progress considerably in the maze. There is no indication that there is a path here and there were no signs of you using F5, which means that the only way a player could have known about that path is if they were somehow able to see past the lava. See here: qcv: Corner Jump
- In MYTH you would struggle for some time in the mazes, seem to grow frustrated, and relog. After relogging, you would stand still for a while before miraculously finding the exits. We saw the same pattern in Wolly Mammoth.

All of this information points very strongly to the use of freecam or other game-altering hacks. If you would like to give me a logical explanation of how these mannerisms were legitimate, I'm all ears. Otherwise, I would advise you to be truthful in your reply.
In chillers' door maze I started from the top left going clockwise and got lucky, with the holes I got lucky and used logic to figure out where some holes were and eliminate them. I have no memory of funkytown

In Lava Maze 1. I was watching videos for time on my ipad after getting bored of the maze.
2. It was me wanting to restart it and seeing if I could sequence break

Finally MYTH, I was relogging to try to stop the lag caused by my trashy computer and coincidentally got lucky with the mazes

Even if I did use freecam on any of these mazes how would it help me given how long and complex some of the paths are?

While this may not seem like much of a defense know that if you keep me banned, you keep an innocent player banned.

Bailey06

The Anti-Navigationalist
Mod
Board
Oct 29, 2017
It seems like you could be telling the truth about the doors. However, unfortunately, the rest of your story isn't as convincing. When it comes to the holes, you only took 5 minutes between choosing your first hole and choosing the correct hole. Five minutes is very unlikely to be an adequate amount of time to solve that map using logic and elimination. I'm skeptical about you having no memory of Funkytown, as you completed it yesterday.

If you were looking to sequence break in Lava Maze, the location that you chose seems too convenient to be a coincidence. That was also the only time you tried to bypass the paths in such a way. Your pauses were perfectly timed with your one-shots. They didn't seem coincidental either. In regards to relogging in MYTH, I remember your connection being perfectly fine for the entirety of the time that I was watching you. I never once saw you relog in any parkour map or experience any signs of lag.

Also, that's arguably the purpose of freecam: to help you get through long and complex paths with a fraction of the effort. I'm sorry, but the evidence against you is too strong for me to justify accepting your appeal. The suggested minimum ban length is 18 months as well as a full account reset. Due to you just coming back from a different ban, I'm not willing to shorten that time.

Players are only given 3 appeals; you've used 2 already. Please do not appeal again before January 2021. Any appeal submitted before that time will not be considered. Appeal denied.

Status
Not open for further replies.