• Hi Guest
    Please take 5 minutes to complete this short survey about your experience on minr and how we can improve the server. Results will be published in the near future.
    Please feel free to share this link.
    Link to Survey

Denied SecksyWaffle Ban Appeal

Status
Not open for further replies.

SecksyWaffle

New Fish
Whitey
Nov 18, 2018
Minecraft Username
SecksyWaffle​

How many times have you been banned on minr?
First Ban​
When were you banned
Aug 12, 2019​

Why were you banned?
"Inappropriate behavior and name"​
Why do you think you should be unbanned?
First and foremost, I believe that inappropriate behavior was used to cement my ban. I remained completely PG throughout my stay on Minr with possible exclusion of my repeated use of the term gay during augest 12th. My name is of a similar issue - GayWaffle. I changed my name to such in a heated discussion over whether or not I could make a map using the word gay in the title. the title of which was going to be 'Grieve and gay'. I had intentions to make the first half of the map multiple times harder than the second, hence the name. But after a discussion with the staff an some members of the community it was agreed that gay was a touchy subject and that i should use a different name for the map. I tried. But i had no name which came close to the potency of 'Grieve and gay'. So i decided to change my name to GayWaffle as a way to insist the word gay wouldn't strike any malicious intended responses. To my disbelief the only malicious intended response was from an anonymous staff member who decided my name was inappropriate in context of the server. I feel this action brings shame to the server, it suggests there is general bias against those who differ from societal norms. I feel my ban was stricken without consideration to the lgbt community, and without consideration of the morals within the server. I'm sorry i had to bring up such controversial issues. i feel with a more understanding populous, none of this drama would of ever occurred. I only hope the server can understand and repay me for the hasty ban.
Now to answer some questions...
I've been banned from a few of my favorite servers before, i'm not new to this stuff. I know there will be unanswered questions. In addition, in this scenario i would typically just wait the month and do something else with my time, but in this instance i am unable to do such. on the second Monday of September (i think Sep 9th) i will be in school. I cannot play during the school year, as i will be a sophomore in high school. I will not be able to play games of any kind, i hold a very strong academic career. Therefore i need my ban to be over ruled.
In reality, all i can hope to do with my newfound time on the server is finally complete sssnake, finish building my first map, and eventually say good-bye to my friends i met on your server.
And what the hell is your issue with the word gay? So what if it makes people think of me differently? it has no ill effect on the server. If anything else, a more widely accepting server would be better. Shunning those who are different has no place on your server to begin with. Ive seen three people banned without any further reason other than saying the n-word. How are you actions any different from those people? like those people who took action against a minority, i was banned for supporting a minority and embracing equality over such a controversial term.
Sorry for the rants and the lack of a flow in my writing. As most of the sever knows me, i do not typically type anything like this. But my most fundamental beliefs reside in equality and prosperity. neither of which are supported by your decision. I cannot help but fight against the wrong doings.
I hope to see you again, -GayWaffle​
Has agreed that the above is both honest and truthful:
Yes​

Alert - all users
If you have nothing important to add please do not post here

rebplane

Boring Turtle
Op
Jan 5, 2014
Earlier, you were muted for ignoring staff and constantly asking for answers in Sssnake. This left you with no more chances before we decided to punish you.

I'll go over the things that happened that led to your ban.

1) Looking over your logs, you continued to message people asking for help (even brand new players):

SecksyWaffle issued server command: /msg W0rldEnder hey, if you're not too busy, could you help us beat sssnake? /cp join sssnake
SecksyWaffle issued server command: /msg Ninja179yt hey! if you're not too bust could you help us beat sssnake? /cp join sssnake
SecksyWaffle issued server command: /msg FatalDoge if you're not too busy, could you help us beat sssnake? /cp join snake
SecksyWaffle issued server command: /msg stop_stalin: if you're not too busy, could you help us beat sssnake? /cp join sssnake
SecksyWaffle issued server command: /msg Folded_Man If you're free, could you help us beat sssnake? /cp join sssnake
SecksyWaffle issued server command: /msg 4rch1medes i you're free, could you help us beat sssnake. /cp join sssnake
SecksyWaffle issued server command: /msg Sig_num If you're not busy, could you help us beat sssnake? /cp join sssnake
SecksyWaffle issued server command: /msg onemorebritt if you're busy could you help us beat snake? /cp join sssnake
SecksyWaffle issued server command: /msg ptrdash259 if you're not too busy, could you help us beat sssnake? /cp join snake
SecksyWaffle issued server command: /msg Zorgzong79 if you're not too busy, could you help us beat sssnake? /cp join sssnake
SecksyWaffle issued server command: /msg chickenslord1 hey! if you're not too busy, could you help us beat sssnake? im amassing an army to find the end. join us at /cp join sssnake

2) Ignoring staff: After you were unmuted, you continued to ask for help in Sssnake and complain about it, as well as your immaturity shown by these comments:
SecksyWaffle: yes! we need to defeat hitler's only map!
SecksyWaffle: if you can help me defeat his map he will be killed
SecksyWaffle: join me at /c join sssnake

3) Your name and the conversation before the name change: If you truly want to do something, do it in real life and not on a Minecraft server because there is absolutely no use in doing it on an online block game. Your behaviour prior to the ban proves to us that combined with your behaviour, that name is only going to start heated discussions on our server that we'd like to avoid - this rule isn't limited to your case but stands as well for politics and any controversial topic as these discussions become heated, end up taking over the chat, and make for an unwelcoming and uncomfortable environment - this is a community where we want everyone to feel comfortable and welcomed, and you're not helping us create that.

In response to your appeal:
I don't know whether you're serious or not about thinking you're entitled to an unban, but if you are I'm not sure why you think we have to unban you. Being green requires maturity, and that's something you seem to lack. Aggressively blaming us for being unaccepting and closed-minded for your ban was the wrong way to go about it, as not only are you attention grabbing, our server does not discriminate against anybody, but rather, we choose to avoid controversial topics as they get heated and scare away players who are uncomfortable. This server isn't the place to discuss politics and controversial topics.

This ban would have only lasted a month, but thank you for making your situation worse with the aggressive and entitled tone in your appeal to further prove your immaturity - you are now permanently banned. An appeal before August 2020 will not be accepted.

Last edited:

Chillers

Administrator
Op
Oct 26, 2013
"I've been banned from a few of my favorite servers before."

Enough said to make judgment on this appeal.

This is a Minecraft server not a place to voice your beliefs or political opinions or to spark these types of discussions like you are attempting to in this thread. Your name was formed to bait attention out of immaturity... and attention you gained for that immaturity.

We shouldn't have to warn green players let alone mute or even ban.

Status
Not open for further replies.