• Hi Guest
    Please take 5 minutes to complete this short survey about your experience on minr and how we can improve the server. Results will be published in the near future.
    Please feel free to share this link.
    Link to Survey

Denied SovietFlag Ban Appeal

Status
Not open for further replies.

SovietFlag

New Fish
Whitey
Jan 20, 2020
Minecraft Username
SovietFlag​

How many times have you been banned on minr?
First Ban​
When were you banned
Jan 19, 2020​

Why were you banned?
Apparently racism, but NoSi won't tell me what I did.​
Why do you think you should be unbanned?
My ban said "NoSi banned SovietFlag - Racism, you were punished yesterday so you had your chance to learn." Yesterday I logged on to the server for the first time in a long time, didn't speak in the chat, i.e never recieved the warning/punishment that was alluded to in the ban message, and then logged off. Then, I get on today and start playing for a bit with my friends, but I had to go to dinner and went AFK. At some point before this I used a word which can sometimes be seen as derogatory however it was not directed at anyone and was intended as a meme. I got back and I was permabanned for "being racist." I said "broskinigga", and if broken down, "broski" is a term for talking to my 'bros' because I was talking with my cousins and friends, and "nigga", which wasn't being used in a derogatory way. As quoted from HuffPost, a highly progressive website and highly against racism of all kind, states: "'Nigga' used as a form of slang is one of the most popular words used today. The term is used in today’s slang, among African American groups predominately and hip hop musicians." NoSi is abusing his/her newly given admin power and isn't being sensible about what to/not to ban people for.​
Has agreed that the above is both honest and truthful:
Yes​

Alert - all users
If you have nothing important to add please do not post here

NoSi

uwu
Op
Board
Aug 15, 2018
Firstly, here’s my main point on this whole matter is this: What you had said on the server is not acceptable and is punishable without any question. In Minr’s server rules, the following is stated:

Swearing is allowed, but the following is not:
Derogatory slurs / politics / sexuality / mature, NSFW, or lewd subject matter.

No matter what is said, using the n-word in any context on the server will result in a punishment. In my opinion, I don’t believe the word is acceptable in most standard situations, whether it be in a video game or in real life. If this had simply turned into an appeal, it most likely would have been granted with a stern warning to not do it again, and a reminder that it is unacceptable. However, there’s a larger issue to discuss.

The outbursts on discord were, for the most part, very inexcusable. Constantly harassing players, especially me, and constantly escalating the problem. You were told multiple times that if you wanted to be unbanned to just make an appeal right away. Those warnings were ignored and you continued to be very disrespectful in almost every manner possible. Constantly saying I was abusing my power, saying I didn’t know anything about what was going on and that I had no reason for banning you, and even harassing me for wanting to go to sleep. Those messages in discord were perhaps even worse than what was said on the server. With all of that, I cannot in good conscience unban you at this point in time. I will be extending your punishment length to 3 months, the maximum recommended time for a chat violation. In this time, please make sure to re-evaluate and work on the issues that showed up on discord. Denied, please do not appeal before March 1st, 2020.

Link to the server rules: https://wiki.minr.org/Server_Rules

Status
Not open for further replies.