• Welcome to Minr.org

Server IP: zero.minr.org 

Java Version: 1.20.2

Who are we?

Welcome to one of the oldest Minecraft servers and communities in the world! Zero.minr.org dates back over 13 years and has been consistently providing endless hours of fun and excitement for players from all over the globe. With an uptime of 99%, you can count on us to be here for you whenever you're in the mood for some challenging minecraft parkour, puzzles and mazes.

Our server is home to over 600+ challenges, each designed to keep you engaged and entertained for months on end. These challenges have been created, tested and curated by our green membership community, who are true experts in all things challenges! Our community is made up of some of the most dedicated and skilled players, who have completed our Hardcore set of challenges and continue to create new and innovative experiences for our server.

At our core, we are strongly committed to fair play and against any form of pay-to-win features. We have been privately funded since our inception, which has allowed us to provide a level playing field for all our players, free of any hidden advantages. This dedication to fair play has resulted in a thriving community where everyone has a chance to excel and showcase their skills.

So why not join us and become a part of something truly special? Who knows, you may even have what it takes to create a challenge that will remain on our server for years to come. Whether you're a seasoned Minecraft veteran or a newcomer to the game, we look forward to welcoming you to our server.

For more information about zero.minr.org click here.

Spoiler Tags

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheForgottenUser

Honorary green
Greenie
Whitey
Nov 3, 2013
If you don't already know what a spoiler tag is, I feel bad for you, and you need to browse more forums. They make things prettier and easier to post, as they can contain large images or lengthy reads. It essentially works like this:

Words you want to hide go here. You can click a button to toggle whether this shows or not.

These would be awesome, and would be nice to have for games like Score Attack and Mafia, or just large images. I don't think this would be too hard to implement. Thank you for your time.

Srentiln

minr op since Nov 2011
Op
Oct 28, 2013
If you want spoiler tags just for the condensing of large blocks of post content, use the quote tags. If you want the spoiler tag for what they were actually intended, hiding spoilers, that I can get behind. A long while back, a forum I visited allowed CSS scripts in posts. With that, people were able to set the background color and font of a section of text the same to hide spoilers...we also were able to change any image on the page that we posted to as well as a few other things...so that got disabled after a while.

TheForgottenUser

Honorary green
Greenie
Whitey
Nov 3, 2013
If you want spoiler tags just for the condensing of large blocks of post content, use the quote tags. If you want the spoiler tag for what they were actually intended, hiding spoilers, that I can get behind. A long while back, a forum I visited allowed CSS scripts in posts. With that, people were able to set the background color and font of a section of text the same to hide spoilers...we also were able to change any image on the page that we posted to as well as a few other things...so that got disabled after a while.
The problem with this is that you can't quote a post you've already created. For Score Attack, I can't quote my starting post because it's the first one in the thread. It could be used for hiding spoilers as well. It just adds more to the forums.

Also, the quoting here is kind of ugly anyways.

Srentiln

minr op since Nov 2011
Op
Oct 28, 2013
I can quote the original post:

If you don't already know what a spoiler tag is, I feel bad for you, and you need to browse more forums. They make things prettier and easier to post, as they can contain large images or lengthy reads. It essentially works like this:
Words you want to hide go here. You can click a button to toggle whether this shows or not.

These would be awesome, and would be nice to have for games like Score Attack and Mafia, or just large images. I don't think this would be too hard to implement. Thank you for your time.
There might be a way to use the BB editor version of posting to do it, but I haven't had to memorize common BB codes in a LONG time.

Srentiln

minr op since Nov 2011
Op
Oct 28, 2013
Personally, I think spoiler tags really only should be used for spoilers. They are by far a lot worse looking than a quote or code box. Have a lot to say? Then say it all and just spend some time with the formatting to make it easier for people to read. Images taking up a lot of post space? Then add them as attachments to the post rather than to the body of the post. If you can't figure out attachments, post a link to where you're hosting them at.

TheForgottenUser

Honorary green
Greenie
Whitey
Nov 3, 2013
Sren, it doesn't matter how much I format Score Attack. Sure, it looks nice as is, but it still takes forever to scroll down the page or find what you're looking for. Attaching large images can work some of the time, but if used, it may well be out of context (also, the editing feature for attachments is rather buggy). That isn't any good. Why bother putting the pictures in as attachments only to have your readers be confused?

I've already said it, but the Spoiler Tags can serve a number of functions, one of which is it's original intended use. It is simply easier to have it available as a multi-purpose tool.

Srentiln

minr op since Nov 2011
Op
Oct 28, 2013
Well, that's the danger of starting something that requires your users to post images :p

I'm not saying I'm against the spoiler tag (I have had a few occasions where I would have liked to use it), I'm just saying that there are existing tools that do the same thing that you are looking to have it added for.

Chillers

Administrator
Op
Oct 26, 2013
Spoiler tags are actually available in the latest release of xenforo 1.3 unfortunately i can't update the forum yet until all the mods have been updated.

Status
Not open for further replies.