• Hi Guest
    Please take 5 minutes to complete this short survey about your experience on minr and how we can improve the server. Results will be published in the near future.
    Please feel free to share this link.
    Link to Survey

Granted wowzza666 Ban Appeal

Status
Not open for further replies.

wowzza666

New Fish
Whitey
Aug 1, 2020
Minecraft Username
wowzza666​

How many times have you been banned on minr?
First Ban​
When were you banned
Jul 31, 2020​

Why were you banned?
"repeatedly ignoring warnings to stop"​
Why do you think you should be unbanned?
I was banned for not listening to mod when they said to stop talking about being gay, I don't believe that should be allowed because I've already gone through so much hate in my life about liking the same gender for me to be told to stop talking about it was very rude to me and came off as homophobic. So yes I didn't follow directions when told to stop, but I don't think I should've been told to.​
Has agreed that the above is both honest and truthful:
Yes​

Alert - all users
If you have nothing important to add please do not post here

Chillers

Administrator
Op
Oct 26, 2013
We don't allow any sexual discussion to take place on a server where children may be present.

Do you understand this?

wowzza666

New Fish
Whitey
Aug 1, 2020
We don't allow any sexual discussion to take place on a server where children may be present.

Do you understand this?
Yes, I was not told that by the mod when he warned me otherwise I would've stopped, all the other servers I play on are very lgbtq+ friendly so I did not think that you guys would have rules against speaking about it. I apologize.

creeperTNTman198

Lord of the Creepers
Mod
Nov 2, 2013
It's not a matter of being friendly or unfriendly to any sexual orientation. The entire topic of discussion is off limits, regardless of the point of view being expressed, precisely because we want the server to be a place where anyone can come to play minecraft, and not have a discussion on a bunch of topics that are very divisive, or for mature discussion, or anything along those lines.

As far as being given warnings, simply being told to stop should be enough. The rules clearly state sexuality is a topic that is not allowed, and it's on players to read and understand the rules, since they will need to abide by them while they are on the server. You not only ignored multiple, repeated warnings from me, but chillers was also messaged in regards to this, and he reiterated the warning to stop. Yet, you persisted, not only in discussion of the topic, but in insulting me as well. Finally, you come into the appeal, and triple down on your thesis that I am being homophobic. Your ban had nothing to do with your sexuality, it was purely for ignoring both the rules of the server, and repeated warnings to stop.

Given these circumstances, I'm going to update your ban to a 30 day tempban, and mark this appeal as granted. You will not need to use another appeal on this. Before you return, please familiarize yourself with the rules located at https://wiki.minr.org/Server_Rules

wowzza666

New Fish
Whitey
Aug 1, 2020
It's not a matter of being friendly or unfriendly to any sexual orientation. The entire topic of discussion is off limits, regardless of the point of view being expressed, precisely because we want the server to be a place where anyone can come to play minecraft, and not have a discussion on a bunch of topics that are very divisive, or for mature discussion, or anything along those lines.

As far as being given warnings, simply being told to stop should be enough. The rules clearly state sexuality is a topic that is not allowed, and it's on players to read and understand the rules, since they will need to abide by them while they are on the server. You not only ignored multiple, repeated warnings from me, but chillers was also messaged in regards to this, and he reiterated the warning to stop. Yet, you persisted, not only in discussion of the topic, but in insulting me as well. Finally, you come into the appeal, and triple down on your thesis that I am being homophobic. Your ban had nothing to do with your sexuality, it was purely for ignoring both the rules of the server, and repeated warnings to stop.

Given these circumstances, I'm going to update your ban to a 30 day tempban, and mark this appeal as granted. You will not need to use another appeal on this. Before you return, please familiarize yourself with the rules located at https://wiki.minr.org/Server_Rules
I understand and apologize for ignoring your warnings and insulting you. I didn't realize that sexuality was considered a "mature topic" because I've always thought that it should be something you learn at a young age, but I understand these are the server rules and I will be sure re-read and follow them from now on.

Status
Not open for further replies.