• Hi Guest
    Please take 5 minutes to complete this short survey about your experience on minr and how we can improve the server. Results will be published in the near future.
    Please feel free to share this link.
    Link to Survey

Denied xxFuzzy Ban Appeal

Status
Not open for further replies.

xxFuzzy

New Fish
Whitey
Aug 14, 2019
Minecraft Username
xxFuzzy​

How many times have you been banned on minr?
First Ban​
When were you banned
Aug 12, 2019​

Why were you banned?
I was banned for the reason "answer sharing". Answer sharing is where you guide a person through a map you have already completed​
Why do you think you should be unbanned?
First off I would like to say that I really enjoy playing on this server and have introduced many of my friends to this server as well. I have completed a fair bit of maps, maybe somewhere from 6-10 and sometimes I find maps that my friends and I don't find fun and we stop half way through. Sometimes if my friend doesn't have a couple hours to play and only has 20-30 minutes I will chose a map that I have already completed and I know is fun. In the specific circumstance of my ban I was doing this. Throughout the 15 minute long map I would let him solve the fun parts of the map while I watched and I would guide him through a boring level because we are on a time constraint. Now that I have been banned I understand how serious this server takes answer sharing and will not lead my friend through any parts of a map if I have completed it before. Thank you for reading my appeal.​
Has agreed that the above is both honest and truthful:
Yes​

Alert - all users
If you have nothing important to add please do not post here

swimmy1212

Swimming around
Op
Feb 28, 2015
Your logs show that you died slightly before your partner in each level of departure except for one, ranging between at the same time and 10 seconds before. This means that astro followed you through 12 levels of departure (before you were banned a few levels from the end) after you had already beaten the map twice. Considering Astro told me over dm that you and he were "working together over discord" and that you've contradicted yourself by telling me over discord pm that astro was one level ahead of you the entire time, there is enough evidence that you were doing much more than just showing him through the boring sections. Because you've lied to a staff member, and the fact that you've been kicked and muted for bad behavior already today, I'm setting the ban time at 8 months. After that amount of time you may reappeal.

xxFuzzy

New Fish
Whitey
Aug 14, 2019
If you check the times I log into the server it is usually with a friend or someone new because I encourage my friends to join the server. I think I am more of a positive than a negative to the server. Also about half of the levels we did in that map took probably around the average amount of time, my friend and I certainly were not rushing to get it done. My friend did not know I had completed the map before, I was pretending I had not done it and that's why he said we were working over discord together. I would give him hints varying from subtle to just basically skipping a level (I would pretend I solved it first try and the level was easy) if I thought the level wasn't as fun as the others, I understand that that was wrong. I also exaggerated about being 1 level behind in discord pms and I understand you banning me for that.

What I did wrong
- Gave some hints to my friend on one of the maps because we were on a time constraint
-Exaggerated to a staff member on where I was during the course

Outcome
- 8 month ban

I acknowledge that I should be banned for a period of time. I think the outcome of 8 months is too large for my actions and should be lowered. I think that I was more of a positive influence on the community because I consistently bring my friends to the server.

swimmy1212

Swimming around
Op
Feb 28, 2015
The amount of friends you bring to the server is not important to us. You showed your friend through nearly every level and he solved them almost instantly. We don't allow hints of any kind regardless. 8 months is more than generous, answer sharing alone can go up to a year.

Status
Not open for further replies.