• Welcome to Minr.org

Server IP: zero.minr.org 

Java Version: 1.20.2

Who are we?

Welcome to one of the oldest Minecraft servers and communities in the world! Zero.minr.org dates back over 13 years and has been consistently providing endless hours of fun and excitement for players from all over the globe. With an uptime of 99%, you can count on us to be here for you whenever you're in the mood for some challenging minecraft parkour, puzzles and mazes.

Our server is home to over 600+ challenges, each designed to keep you engaged and entertained for months on end. These challenges have been created, tested and curated by our green membership community, who are true experts in all things challenges! Our community is made up of some of the most dedicated and skilled players, who have completed our Hardcore set of challenges and continue to create new and innovative experiences for our server.

At our core, we are strongly committed to fair play and against any form of pay-to-win features. We have been privately funded since our inception, which has allowed us to provide a level playing field for all our players, free of any hidden advantages. This dedication to fair play has resulted in a thriving community where everyone has a chance to excel and showcase their skills.

So why not join us and become a part of something truly special? Who knows, you may even have what it takes to create a challenge that will remain on our server for years to come. Whether you're a seasoned Minecraft veteran or a newcomer to the game, we look forward to welcoming you to our server.

For more information about zero.minr.org click here.

Minr Mafia Round 7: The Story Book

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheForgottenUser

Honorary green
Greenie
Whitey
Nov 3, 2013
Update shortly, sorry for the delay. This may be postponed by a few more hours due to me MC-ing my BSA Court of Honor today, and I'd rather not rush the clues and screw everyone up.

TheForgottenUser

Honorary green
Greenie
Whitey
Nov 3, 2013

Cory watched as the others took their seats on the log benches. As the last few trickled in, he tested the mic and checked to make sure he looked fine. Tapping the redstone speaker, he cleared his throat.
"We all knew these men as our friends. The people we could trust. They were hard workers, as I'm sure many of you will be. We should remember these men and try to work as hard as they once did. We should view them as inspiration, and not let their memory fade..."

~~~~~
Ricky listened to the funeral oration with an expression nobody could read. He had never really liked any of them, instead preferring to work on his own builds in peace. Although he knew it was rude, he was sketching one of its works right at that moment. He glanced around at faces near him. To his right sat AJ, face a mixture of sadness and determination. To his left, bstrey was outright crying.
He frowned and looked up at Cory, who was still speaking. While he was speaking, he began to hear a ticking noise. Quickly locating the source of the sound, he turned his head to face Electro. More confused than anything else, ricky went back to work.

~~~~~
Rather than the dull ticking noise from before, there were the twangs of arrows all around them. Arrow after arrow shot into the crowd. Cleverly planned by the hunters, almost nobody could defend themselves. The people on the edges got out with relative ease, but those in the middle began suffering casualties. Ricky was one of the first ones out, and he wasn't about to look back until it was over. He felt pursued, hunted by the others.
A few minutes passed, and no longer were the arrows sounding. Ricky got up and went back to the funeral. A few of the others had gathered around the only mortality there: Electro. Faces all around him were horrified. What kind of a monster attacks a funeral?
Distinct crouched down next to the body and picked up the note on one of the arrows:

"KEEP DANCING TO THE BROKEN BEAT, LISTENERS" - THE ANTAGONISTS
Notes:
  • Electro has been riddled with arrows, and now lies dead
  • It is now Day Two

IanAnth66

Something clever
Mod
Dec 13, 2013
Well. We have a new hint.

So, the one with the mice implies we are the "lab rats" as cory said. I find that one more probable than the three blind mice one. This hint seems to say that we are just dancing to their broken beat. The broken beat of DEATH. All this seems to be implying that the protagonists are just the pawns in the antagonists little "game". They're mocking us. You know, people are dying without our input at all (at least thats how i thought it worked, this is my first time playing). It seems like the game is planned out already. However, I guess we can stop this by killing some people ourselves.

Now I don't know how this helps us figure out who the antagonists are, but that's what i gathered.

creeperTNTman198

Lord of the Creepers
Mod
Nov 2, 2013
eboosgoo

these letters aren't in the same font or size as the others. The problem is that no words exist (so far as I know, and i ran those letters through an anagram solver at least 3 different times) that contain all those letters. However, remove the o's and we are left with ebsg. This can make BEGS. According to merriam webster, BEGS means: to ask (someone) in a very serious and emotional way for something needed or wanted very much

If anyone wants to take a stab at solving that, be my guest

Zatharel

Другар
Op
Board
Nov 5, 2013
Well this is some nice meta, killing everyone who screwed up a bit last game...
Also, I'm just gonna go and straight ahead agree with Ian.

BEGS...hmmm.
Begging is asking people something in an emotional and dramatic way. Not jumping to conclusions, but have you guys noticed that there are some people being very emotional during the story?

Spontida10

Peon
Mod
Nov 2, 2013
I don't think the emotions say much, since it's made up by I_F0rgot.

If I'm inactive I'm going to write some poem commentary, etc, for hw.

DistinctMadness

Old Green
Greenie
Nov 2, 2013
eboosgoo

these letters aren't in the same font or size as the others. The problem is that no words exist (so far as I know, and i ran those letters through an anagram solver at least 3 different times) that contain all those letters. However, remove the o's and we are left with ebsg. This can make BEGS. According to merriam webster, BEGS means: to ask (someone) in a very serious and emotional way for something needed or wanted very much

If anyone wants to take a stab at solving that, be my guest
Creeper you missed a few letters. Like the k in Ricky in the third paragraph.

MeisterXehanort

The best user.
Greenie
Oct 27, 2013
Because I am using a pokémon red font to replace every standard google chrome font, the hidden text reads the following:

"The book is good"

rickyboy320

Administrator
Op
Nov 18, 2013
So the person carrying the book is good.
Who is carrying the book right now? Piece?

KEEP DANCING TO THE BROKEN BEAT, LISTENERS

The broken music disc in minecraft is 11.

Freakworld is number 11...
Maybe freak is antagonist?

... Hmm

Zatharel

Другар
Op
Board
Nov 5, 2013
So the person carrying the book is good.
Who is carrying the book right now? Piece?

KEEP DANCING TO THE BROKEN BEAT, LISTENERS

The broken music disc in minecraft is 11.

Freakworld is number 11...
Maybe freak is antagonist?

... Hmm
interesting theory...

Seriously though, who has the book?

Also, I have a strange theory:
The people mentioned in the last chapter aren't mafia.
Why?
Because if the "hunter" or in our case antagonist shot from the distance, they couldn't have been at the funeral.

rickyboy320

Administrator
Op
Nov 18, 2013
So,

Freak is my suspect.

First of all he posted: "Edit: Don't mind this post."

Then on the other hand he doesn't post a lot, and if he posts, he doesn't post anything helpful. As piece said: the persons NOT posting in this thread are possible mafia members.

Also the latest clue leads to him. Broken beat -> music disc 11. Freak is contestant number 11.

(Forgot how this works, can we vote already?)

Zatharel

Другар
Op
Board
Nov 5, 2013
hm. honestly, I'm going to agree to the following 2:
1) No lynch
2) Lynch freak
Unless someone has anything else.
It isn't a very solid theory, the whole disc 11, but I'd rather be wrong and learn from my mistakes then to sit and watch us get killed one by one.

IanAnth66

Something clever
Mod
Dec 13, 2013
Well... I guess i agree on freak. Then again, we still have a whole nother day to think on this, so lets not make any hasty decisions.

Pieceofcheese87

always in a Gouda mood
Op
Oct 28, 2013
We must have more evidence before we lynch someone. The clues are a good start but you don't know for sure if the whole #11 disc thing is true.
We should let freak have some input on this to see what he says. We really don't want to lynch so many protagonists like last time

rickyboy320

Administrator
Op
Nov 18, 2013
I agree we need more evidence. But not lynching anyone will result in a loss.
We'll have to start lynching people one day.
What if we don't have enough evidence tommorow? Or the day after?

Every night we wait will be a free kill for the antagonists. Although if we kill a protagonist by lynching... they have another kill. But with any luck we'll get an antagonist.

And then: how will we figure out that #11 disc is true without trying?

Just pointing out: we'll have to take action one day.

IanAnth66

Something clever
Mod
Dec 13, 2013
Well, if freak doesnt provide any input by the end of day 2, i guess we wont have a choice now will we.

Status
Not open for further replies.