• Welcome to Minr.org

Server IP: zero.minr.org 

Java Version: 1.20.2

Who are we?

Welcome to one of the oldest Minecraft servers and communities in the world! Zero.minr.org dates back over 13 years and has been consistently providing endless hours of fun and excitement for players from all over the globe. With an uptime of 99%, you can count on us to be here for you whenever you're in the mood for some challenging minecraft parkour, puzzles and mazes.

Our server is home to over 600+ challenges, each designed to keep you engaged and entertained for months on end. These challenges have been created, tested and curated by our green membership community, who are true experts in all things challenges! Our community is made up of some of the most dedicated and skilled players, who have completed our Hardcore set of challenges and continue to create new and innovative experiences for our server.

At our core, we are strongly committed to fair play and against any form of pay-to-win features. We have been privately funded since our inception, which has allowed us to provide a level playing field for all our players, free of any hidden advantages. This dedication to fair play has resulted in a thriving community where everyone has a chance to excel and showcase their skills.

So why not join us and become a part of something truly special? Who knows, you may even have what it takes to create a challenge that will remain on our server for years to come. Whether you're a seasoned Minecraft veteran or a newcomer to the game, we look forward to welcoming you to our server.

For more information about zero.minr.org click here.

Hexa: Chronological Mode

Would you want this mode for Hexa if it’s possible to add?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fire

Absolute
May 13, 2015
Me and a few others discussed this idea a little bit yesterday, so I thought I’d make an official suggestion thread for it here.

I think a really neat addition to hexa would an optional chronological mode that you could switch to before starting. This would make the map order based on release date instead of first letter and difficulty—from Original Lv 1 to In Rainbows. It would be pretty fascinating to see the evolution of MC and the style of maps on the server as major updates are added and as influential players like Packs and Zath come into play. Same 66 lives mechanic, but a completely different order for the maps. I’m not sure if it’s possible to have a different “mode” to do challenges in, but if it is then this would be a neat option. It will take a lot of work to order all the maps correctly, especially the super old, very first maps, but Drahmee said that he can help out with that.

Lemme know what you guys think of this, if you like it, and if it’s even possible to do.

Hex

Board Grandpa
Op
Board
Jul 26, 2016
Pretty sure a lot of map creation and release dates aren't exactly known. It would be possible for probably a majority of maps but certainly not for some of the older ones unless a lot of serious digging was done.

rmanimal

Space
Op
Jan 19, 2015
I feel like including the 66 lives mechanic into another 'mode' deters from the overall purpose of adding a new mode. If it's entirely set on map release date and development though the years, it just seems like an unnecessary handicap to the mode.

If the mode is added, however, we need to consider these things:

1. Is the map release date when the map comes from board to FFA the latest? E.g. Blitz will go off of the June 10th 2017 date rather than the falsebook publish date, but Chiller's Door Maze despite aesthetic changes will be the same release date. This sort-of contradicts the creation date the challenge is probably intended for, though.

2. What happens when multiple maps have the same release date. Alphabetical sorting is probably the easiest way to organise them, since it's pretty common elsewhere on the server. E.g. since Valentine and Trek were released on the same date, Trek is first and then Valentine.

3. Do we include old maps or event maps? I feel like it might be redundant to include either but it still is a consideration.

Alphaesia

Maze Connoisseur
Op
Apr 21, 2014
I feel like including the 66 lives mechanic into another 'mode' deters from the overall purpose of adding a new mode. If it's entirely set on map release date and development though the years, it just seems like an unnecessary handicap to the mode.
This. Going through all the maps in chronological order is a cool idea, but wrapping it along with Hexa seems unnecessary. We'd basically end up with two very slightly different challenges, both of which people tend to avoid.

Maybe adding something else to it would work, or just making it a challenge with no strings attached.

Marrimars

Sleepy Forest Girl
Op
Board
Feb 7, 2016
But uh... all challenges are timed ;>

If some sort of extra challenge should be added I think doing the maps made before sprint without sprint would be cool, but that might be hard to do. Idk.

Zatharel

Другар
Op
Board
Nov 5, 2013
Maybe rather than adding all maps we could add a selection of maps we have the information on? It'd still be chronological, of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.