• Welcome to Minr.org

Server IP: zero.minr.org 

Java Version: 1.20.2

Who are we?

Welcome to one of the oldest Minecraft servers and communities in the world! Zero.minr.org dates back over 13 years and has been consistently providing endless hours of fun and excitement for players from all over the globe. With an uptime of 99%, you can count on us to be here for you whenever you're in the mood for some challenging minecraft parkour, puzzles and mazes.

Our server is home to over 600+ challenges, each designed to keep you engaged and entertained for months on end. These challenges have been created, tested and curated by our green membership community, who are true experts in all things challenges! Our community is made up of some of the most dedicated and skilled players, who have completed our Hardcore set of challenges and continue to create new and innovative experiences for our server.

At our core, we are strongly committed to fair play and against any form of pay-to-win features. We have been privately funded since our inception, which has allowed us to provide a level playing field for all our players, free of any hidden advantages. This dedication to fair play has resulted in a thriving community where everyone has a chance to excel and showcase their skills.

So why not join us and become a part of something truly special? Who knows, you may even have what it takes to create a challenge that will remain on our server for years to come. Whether you're a seasoned Minecraft veteran or a newcomer to the game, we look forward to welcoming you to our server.

For more information about zero.minr.org click here.

Regarding lava skips

ilovenons

Content Connoisseur
Op
Mar 31, 2020
Heyo, I didn't know whether to post this in shortcuts or the helpdesk, so I just took the safer option and put it here.

I was wondering if lava skips in lava maze would be allowed. Freezerburn speedruns used lava skips until saturation was removed (correct me if I'm wrong), so I was wondering if the same would happen to lava maze seeing as the newest #1 time uses it. The main reason it's a problem is because you can set impossible times with low tps (seeing as you take less damage).

My bad if I made any errors, just woke up :oops:
Thanks!

Bahnarli

Active Player
Greenie
May 18, 2020
I have a followup question regarding macros in maps. Reading through the rules, there is nothing explicitly against macros, but they appear to be strongly frowned upon. I would also like to note that ctrl+v is literally a macro, but seems to be used by everyone. I just want to understand where the line is drawn? If I was to use a windows functionality to make it so every time i copy paste it does the next answer in a puzzle map, would that be legal? It seems really hazy to me and I would appreciate an official ruling.

Hex

Board Grandpa
Op
Board
Jul 26, 2016
At least my opinion of that type of thing is that it's incredibly hard to enforce, and so I see no way we could feasibly disallow that. It also seems like, based on your description of that type of functionality, it's built in to Windows and therefore very accessible and not a ? Please correct me if I'm wrong on that.

As for lava skips, they're definitely not okay if they're only possible with low TPS, and I don't have an immediate answer for you as for normal TPS skips, as on the one hand they're skips but on the other anyone can perform them and you can't perform them without knowledge of the map so they don't really skip gameplay.
also why you waking up so late bro

ilovenons

Content Connoisseur
Op
Mar 31, 2020
As for lava skips, they're definitely not okay if they're only possible with low TPS, and I don't have an immediate answer for you as for normal TPS skips, as on the one hand they're skips but on the other anyone can perform them and you can't perform them without knowledge of the map so they don't really skip gameplay.
Yeah I agree. In my opinion, I think fixing the lava skips would be better than allowing just the normal TPS ones. There would be no way to tell if someone used a skip that requires low TPS, and it will just become very confusing.
also why you waking up so late bro
shhh