• Welcome to Minr.org

Server IP: zero.minr.org 

Java Version: 1.20.2

Who are we?

Welcome to one of the oldest Minecraft servers and communities in the world! Zero.minr.org dates back over 13 years and has been consistently providing endless hours of fun and excitement for players from all over the globe. With an uptime of 99%, you can count on us to be here for you whenever you're in the mood for some challenging minecraft parkour, puzzles and mazes.

Our server is home to over 600+ challenges, each designed to keep you engaged and entertained for months on end. These challenges have been created, tested and curated by our green membership community, who are true experts in all things challenges! Our community is made up of some of the most dedicated and skilled players, who have completed our Hardcore set of challenges and continue to create new and innovative experiences for our server.

At our core, we are strongly committed to fair play and against any form of pay-to-win features. We have been privately funded since our inception, which has allowed us to provide a level playing field for all our players, free of any hidden advantages. This dedication to fair play has resulted in a thriving community where everyone has a chance to excel and showcase their skills.

So why not join us and become a part of something truly special? Who knows, you may even have what it takes to create a challenge that will remain on our server for years to come. Whether you're a seasoned Minecraft veteran or a newcomer to the game, we look forward to welcoming you to our server.

For more information about zero.minr.org click here.

Suggestion Collection - Points

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alphaesia

Maze Connoisseur
Op
Apr 21, 2014
- Simplify the criteria for blue.
The criteria for getting blue is commonly presented as "Get 20 FFA points". This is not actually the case. In order to gain blue, you need to physically enter Hardcore. That action itself requires 20 FFA points. I see every whitie (without fail) gain their 20 FFA points then be confused why their name isn't blue. This generally needs a Green+ to explain to them. Change it so that either: Whities are automatically promoted when gaining 20 FFA points without the need to enter Hardcore, or modify the way that gaining blue is presented (though would be more complicated and harder than the first solution).

- Give FFA Points, Challenge Points and Global Points more meaningful and relevant names.
You need 20 points to enter HC, but which one? Only one of these point counters is actually relevant for non-speedrunners, and they all have similar and confusing names. It would be much better if we renamed them similarly to as follows:
FFA Points -> Points
Global Points -> Global Score or Speedrun Score (or similar)
Challenge Points -> Challenge Score
(FFA is itself a meaningless term for anyone not versed in the jargon of this server, but that's a whole different discussion)

Hex

Board Grandpa
Op
Board
Jul 26, 2016
Auto warp to HC pit upon gaining 20 points? Or autoblue upon 20 points?. One of the two. And yes to the point changes, though it would take a while for FFA to fall out of the verbal lexicon. The name "Free For All" is kind of confusing to begin with.

picklesthecheeta

Rarely in a pickle!
Greenie
Oct 7, 2016
I've always, personally, enjoyed the wave of "Good luck"s that accompany a new blue's entry into HC and blue-dom. Is them asking "huh wait i have 20 points what do i do" that awful? I dunno, just with all the stuff ricky is doing porting to 1.13, how high up should this be on the agenda? Personally i'd place it below mimic.

Also I dunno maybe I just don't like change, but it says "
Elite Fish: An adept player on the server. Has started HC which requires 20 FFA points.
"
under /ranks.

And it also specified FFA points, and while this jargon is a relic of times when maps were on a ship, I don't think it's that confusing. Although maybe the fact that I don't think it's that confusing is due to how deep I am in this server.

Alphaesia

Maze Connoisseur
Op
Apr 21, 2014
We can keep the "XXX entered Hardcore!" message, all it would involve is a whitie being automatically promoted. It's like whities asking where the maps were with the FFA ship, this confusion is can easily be rectified and it is asked by every blue.

I admittedly don't know much about how it works on the plugin side, but I don't think it would take more than 15 minutes to implement. Just copy-paste the stuff from the "Join HC" sign to the function that gets run when a player beats a map.

The /ranks message would be changed.

Only having one set of "points" makes it easier to refer to, and reduces confusion.

Status
Not open for further replies.