1. Hi and welcome to Minr.org

Who are we?

We are minecrafts 3rd oldest server and the oldest challenge and parkour dedicated server in the world. Our map dates over 7.5 years and our server has had an uptime of 99%. We have over 250 challenges which will keep you occupied for months. All of our challenges have been created by our member base who have completed our hardcore maps. You yourself could one day be creating a challenge for our server if you ever achieve the green membership rank. For more information about zero.minr.org click here...

More information below.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest
Please take 5 minutes to complete this short survey about your experience on minr and how we can improve the server. Results will be published in the near future.
Please feel free to share this link.
Link to Survey

Question 1.13?

Discussion in 'Public' started by LordSpectilas, Dec 25, 2018.

1. I'm wondering why the server uses 1.13 because in my experiences it really seems like 1.8 is arguably the most suitable and stable version for parkour (since this server is dedicated to parkour). I'm assuming there is some technical or behind the scenes reasons, such as a plug-in or something. I don't know, I just think that more people would play if it used 1.8.

2. rickyboy320

rickyboy320 Penguin Master Op Board

How is 1.8 any better for parkour? It's not like any movement changed other than swimming.

We're not purely a parkour server, we also do puzzles, mazes (and in some form or another survival).
    Having new building blocks that come with updates are useful, as it allows more ways to express, on top of the new ocean and swimming mechanics that can be utilized.

The new 1.13 commands greatly improve on the way puzzles can be scripted and commandblocked, alongside a ton of bugfixes and general QoL updates...

I see absolutely no reason to stay with a 4 year old version, as it's *in no way* supported anymore.

Better question, I'm wondering why servers still use 1.8 when it's so out of date.

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. This is the reason if I remember correctly, alongside with some movement with ladders being less glitchy (likely due to available anticheat). But yeah, there is a noticeable difference between 1.8 and 1.9 in certain situations.

I think the benefits of 1.13 outweigh this sort of stuff though.

4. Many servers are too restricted to update to 1.13 because the mods that they rely on no longer have support.

The possibilities and expansion of ideas from 1.13 and forthcoming updates far outweigh a ladder hitbox. Whilst we have a lot parkour, it is not minrs soul purpose. Having the latest updated version gives players more creativity, it's that creativity that sets us aside from the rest of the crowd.

I remember having to alter certain ladder jumps post that update but other than that it's not really caused any major concern.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 1