• Welcome to Minr.org

Server IP: zero.minr.org 

Java Version: 1.20.2

Who are we?

Welcome to one of the oldest Minecraft servers and communities in the world! Zero.minr.org dates back over 13 years and has been consistently providing endless hours of fun and excitement for players from all over the globe. With an uptime of 99%, you can count on us to be here for you whenever you're in the mood for some challenging minecraft parkour, puzzles and mazes.

Our server is home to over 600+ challenges, each designed to keep you engaged and entertained for months on end. These challenges have been created, tested and curated by our green membership community, who are true experts in all things challenges! Our community is made up of some of the most dedicated and skilled players, who have completed our Hardcore set of challenges and continue to create new and innovative experiences for our server.

At our core, we are strongly committed to fair play and against any form of pay-to-win features. We have been privately funded since our inception, which has allowed us to provide a level playing field for all our players, free of any hidden advantages. This dedication to fair play has resulted in a thriving community where everyone has a chance to excel and showcase their skills.

So why not join us and become a part of something truly special? Who knows, you may even have what it takes to create a challenge that will remain on our server for years to come. Whether you're a seasoned Minecraft veteran or a newcomer to the game, we look forward to welcoming you to our server.

For more information about zero.minr.org click here.

Add a hexa life per map with forced death?

Status
Not open for further replies.

picklesthecheeta

Rarely in a pickle!
Greenie
Oct 7, 2016
This is pure speculation, but maps with forced deaths mainly do it for story-telling reasons... and in my opinion these stories shouldn't increase the difficulty of hexa.

For example, Heist is skippable due to Creepa trying to work around its forced death, which I don't believe is the right approach; Heist is a map and should be played, but it shouldn't be detrimental to a Hexa run.

I get that 66 is a clean, hexy number, but it was originally meant to be 50 lives, before a certain map caused a departure from that number.

IIRC there are only two maps with forced deaths: Hellter Skelter and Heist (and the other one that's accounted for), but I kinda wanna see what you guys think on this (or if I missed any maps).

Edit: thanks creepa for pointing out voodoo

Last edited:

Srentiln

minr op since Nov 2011
Op
Oct 28, 2013
Another approach, if there is hesitance towards setting a precedent with this, would be to replace the death mechanic with a simulated death. Everything that a death accomplishes for a course can be done without killing the player.

luckylukecraft

Actually not that lucky
Op
Board
Sep 28, 2014
Another approach, if there is hesitance towards setting a precedent with this, would be to replace the death mechanic with a simulated death. Everything that a death accomplishes for a course can be done without killing the player.
We have the power of scripting on our side and honestly, that's the best solution I've heard so far... unless of course you want to add 3 lives for the 3 maps you are forced to die on to the 66 lives and change the lives counter to a uh...different number....

Fire

Absolute
May 13, 2015
The script simulation thing can easily be done for Hellter Skelter, but Voodoo actually requires you to manually kill yourself, which there doesn't seem to be much way around.

rickyboy320

Administrator
Op
Nov 18, 2013
This is simply a roundabout way asking for more lives, which won’t be added until something like departure 2 comes around.

There haven’t been any recent additions to the required life loss (heist is skippable, hellter skellter is just one, you can do without one...), so changing it now would serve injustice to previous hexa runs.

Status
Not open for further replies.