• Welcome to Minr.org

Server IP: zero.minr.org 

Java Version: 1.20.2

Who are we?

Welcome to one of the oldest Minecraft servers and communities in the world! Zero.minr.org dates back over 13 years and has been consistently providing endless hours of fun and excitement for players from all over the globe. With an uptime of 99%, you can count on us to be here for you whenever you're in the mood for some challenging minecraft parkour, puzzles and mazes.

Our server is home to over 600+ challenges, each designed to keep you engaged and entertained for months on end. These challenges have been created, tested and curated by our green membership community, who are true experts in all things challenges! Our community is made up of some of the most dedicated and skilled players, who have completed our Hardcore set of challenges and continue to create new and innovative experiences for our server.

At our core, we are strongly committed to fair play and against any form of pay-to-win features. We have been privately funded since our inception, which has allowed us to provide a level playing field for all our players, free of any hidden advantages. This dedication to fair play has resulted in a thriving community where everyone has a chance to excel and showcase their skills.

So why not join us and become a part of something truly special? Who knows, you may even have what it takes to create a challenge that will remain on our server for years to come. Whether you're a seasoned Minecraft veteran or a newcomer to the game, we look forward to welcoming you to our server.

For more information about zero.minr.org click here.

[Art] TOO MUCH AMAZE! :D

Foxyrinth

New Fish
Whitey
Apr 3, 2014
Hello to all! My name is Rémi and I'm from France.
I'd like to present you in this thread what I do best, that is maze designing!
The reason I'm posting this thread is that I got many comments from negative people telling me my mazes were crap, that it wasn't real art and that I'm wasting my time. I need your opinion on this!

Why not play some music while reading this thread? Here's some great music: www.youtube.com/watch?v=cpToJDpxQa0

So, as I said before, i'm a maze designer. Drawing mazes has always been my biggest passion and my greatest talent. I started when I was 6 and now I'm 17. I started drawing mazes on notebooks by following the squares on the paper.
Today, I draw the impossible, the confusing, and the amazing. Here it comes..

This is Salted's Maze, made to the founder of CraftedMovie, a Minecraft Short-films Making Channel. You might have already watched on of their vids before (Mario Kart In Minecraft, Lion King In Minecraft, 10 ways to get banned..). I'm a big fan of CraftedMovie, I'm also part of their community. I drew many mazes for them and their team.
This labyrinth took me 12 hours to draw, on paper using simple pencils and crayons. Start at A, Finish at Z. Easy!

Let me introduce you my greatest art work: BouledeNeige's maze. This one was also made for CraftedMovie, a gift to say thanks. I love those guys! This labyrinth took me 31h 40m to draw, same drawing technique (I don't use pens, never).
A to B, I dare you to solve it!
Hmm.. This is too much Non-Minecraft you think?
Time for me to show you the EVEN MORE CONFUSING Minecraft-related mazes then!

I don't only draw art mazes, I also design mazes for Minecraft. I imagine and draw plans of the maze on paper before building them in the game. Either people request me or I do it for my own pleasure.

But you must know one thing about me, I'm a genius.Once again, these mazes don't follow any normal/common design, my mazes follow my design. I draw mazes where cheating does NOT work, where you'll be extremely confused and going round in circles most of the time. These mazes aren't huge.

There's an other thing you must know about mazes. It's not the size of a maze that makes its difficulty, it's its content. The mazes I draw are 28x30 to 89x89 blocks big. Want me to show you the 89x89 blocks one? PREPARE TO DIE

The ULTIMATE Maze Of Maziness, took 65 hours to imagine and draw.
This is the kind of maze that might look easy from the outside but once you're in it, it's a real nightmare. What is good about this maze is that it's not one BIG BLOCK of leaves with one entrance and an exit. No. It is cut in 3 parts, with one underneath the maze with an awesome parkour, puzzles and fun challenges you have to pass to get to the 3rd level.
Now, this is what the 1st part looks like in game!

Many people have tried this maze. I have about 70 "was here" signs outside the maze. It takes between 5 to 40 minutes to solve. 5 minutes 'cause the person might have already done the maze before, or cheated or is really lucky. 40 minutes if you really s*ck at mazes. And as I said before, cheating (apart for minimap mods) doesn't work. Right.left hand wall technique and will whatever happens lead you back to the entrance!

This is a big maze, but even my smaller ones are really hard and confusing!I'm currently working on a project atm, an adventure map. But I am not working on in Solo and i'm free to build it anyhow. I'm building it on a FreeBuild server where plots are only 32x32 blocks wide. My challenge is to build really hard mazes in a really small amount of space. I can't go over the limit, it doesn't work. I already built 2 levels /4 and tested them.

These mazes mix puzzles, speed-running, a little parkour and SO MUCH CONFUSION!! The 14 people that have tried the 2 stages took 15-45 minutes to make it to the exit. I also added fun elements and secret stuff in it to make the maze more amusing.

The first level is a creepy and confusing maze, every element in the maze is important. Any misplaced torch or button can be usefull to solve the puzzle (there's also a joke button and stupid signs I added for fun).
The second level is a forest, I've been working on it ALL DAY yesterday, 1pm to 1am. It's a forest maze, everything is placed by hand, I don't use any of those plugins to build things faster. In total, 17 hours passed on it. The result is epic!
I am designing the 3rd and last level this week and will be building it all in the holidays.

These are all mazes people have requested me in the past and that I am rebuilding in a better way.
If you're interested/looking for someone to build you a maze, I can design and build you one for free! But not too big, it can't be over 55x55 in size. I allow multiple floors if it's less than 35x35 blocks. Request me via PM.

Well, that's it! I hope you like it! :)
*gets back to work*

- Lab.

Last edited:

bstrey

Bread
Op
Oct 29, 2013
Thank you for your post; however, if you had read our FAQ, you would know that only greens are permitted to build maps. Feel free to earn 15 points and complete the HC system so you can build a maze on this server.

Srentiln

minr op since Nov 2011
Op
Oct 28, 2013
But you must know one thing about me, I'm a genius.
Arrogant beaucoup? :p
Ne vous inquiétez pas, nous avons quelques gens comme ça. Nous faisons encore que tout le monde bénéficie de leur temps passé ici. :)
(and yes, I use google translate. While I am part French and part German, neither language was passed down through the family :/ )

I have to say, you do some great looking work, and anyone who says that maze designing can't be a form of art is ignorant. However, as bstrey has mentioned, we do require players to gain the rank of green in order to build on this server. This system allows us to keep griefers off the server without having to use a whitelist since 99% of griefers don't want to take the amount of time it takes to get on here.

If you feel up to a challenge I would encourage you to try out my maze, Shri Tra Savern, as of all the courses that I know it sounds the most similar to what you design.

I hope you take the time to join us, it would be nice to have another maze designer amongst all the people who prefer to make parkours.

Foxyrinth

New Fish
Whitey
Apr 3, 2014
Thank you for your post; however, if you had read our FAQ, you would know that only greens are permitted to build maps. Feel free to earn 15 points and complete the HC system so you can build a maze on this server.
I know, but I don't think I'll ever be able to finish it all, I'm quite good at parkour but not at hardcore challenges.
I propose myself to draw mazes for you guys if you want anything.
Arrogant beaucoup? :p
Ne vous inquiétez pas, nous avons quelques gens comme ça. Nous faisons encore que tout le monde bénéficie de leur temps passé ici. :)
(and yes, I use google translate. While I am part French and part German, neither language was passed down through the family :/ )

I have to say, you do some great looking work, and anyone who says that maze designing can't be a form of art is ignorant. However, as bstrey has mentioned, we do require players to gain the rank of green in order to build on this server. This system allows us to keep griefers off the server without having to use a whitelist since 99% of griefers don't want to take the amount of time it takes to get on here.

If you feel up to a challenge I would encourage you to try out my maze, Shri Tra Savern, as of all the courses that I know it sounds the most similar to what you design.

I hope you take the time to join us, it would be nice to have another maze designer amongst all the people who prefer to make parkours.
I will try bring some friends to help me get to the 15 points. I'd sooo love to be part of the community!
I'll go check out your maze when I'll be going on my computer again on Wednesday.

Last edited:

Zatharel

Другар
Op
Board
Nov 5, 2013
Bonjour. =p
Since my french isn't good enough for me to express my opinion on this, I'll just say it in English:
First of all, not trying to be rude, but an 89x89 maze is nothing. Original level 1 which is rated GREEN (easy) is bigger than that.

Second, you seem to have a talent in art. Have you ever tried anything besides mazes?

Good luck with Hardcore. Especially with hc2...

Foxyrinth

New Fish
Whitey
Apr 3, 2014
Bonjour. =p
Since my french isn't good enough for me to express my opinion on this, I'll just say it in English:
First of all, not trying to be rude, but an 89x89 maze is nothing. Original level 1 which is rated GREEN (easy) is bigger than that.

Second, you seem to have a talent in art. Have you ever tried anything besides mazes?

Good luck with Hardcore. Especially with hc2...
Yeah, I know 89x89 isn't a big maze, there's much bigger mazes. But I design my mazes in a way that makes them bigger than they seem from the outside. I don't like building big mazes 'cause I know that the person can get bored after a while. I like to build small ones that mess around with their sense of orientation.

I'm not good at anything else other than mazes. I'm not an expert artist, I draw random paths on paper and make it into a maze. I'm really talented in the way I can imagine and design hard mazes, I'm crap at traditional art.

The hardcore challenges scare me already.. (I am going to die)