• Welcome to Minr.org

Server IP: zero.minr.org 

Java Version: 1.20.2

Who are we?

Welcome to one of the oldest Minecraft servers and communities in the world! Zero.minr.org dates back over 13 years and has been consistently providing endless hours of fun and excitement for players from all over the globe. With an uptime of 99%, you can count on us to be here for you whenever you're in the mood for some challenging minecraft parkour, puzzles and mazes.

Our server is home to over 600+ challenges, each designed to keep you engaged and entertained for months on end. These challenges have been created, tested and curated by our green membership community, who are true experts in all things challenges! Our community is made up of some of the most dedicated and skilled players, who have completed our Hardcore set of challenges and continue to create new and innovative experiences for our server.

At our core, we are strongly committed to fair play and against any form of pay-to-win features. We have been privately funded since our inception, which has allowed us to provide a level playing field for all our players, free of any hidden advantages. This dedication to fair play has resulted in a thriving community where everyone has a chance to excel and showcase their skills.

So why not join us and become a part of something truly special? Who knows, you may even have what it takes to create a challenge that will remain on our server for years to come. Whether you're a seasoned Minecraft veteran or a newcomer to the game, we look forward to welcoming you to our server.

For more information about zero.minr.org click here.

Break Apart Event Role Pings for Minr Discord

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheForgottenUser

Honorary green
Greenie
Whitey
Nov 3, 2013
Right now, the @Events opt-in role can be used to notify users of a wide variety of things that don't actually have a lot in common (e.g. Beep tests vs non-MC party games vs large-scale events like Purple Coin). As a result, community members who want to keep up to date with anything effectively have to be notified of everything. This leads to the unfortunate situation (see below) where users get needlessly pinged and either drop the role or stop checking the server entirely.

My suggestion would be to break up the @Events ping into something like:
  • Non-MC Party Games (for things like Jackbox, Tabletop Simulator, etc.)
  • Mafia
  • Major Server Events (for things like Purple Coin)
  • Minor Server Events (for things like Beep Tests)
  • Events Planning/Coordination
This would help to ensure that players get the pings relevant to their interests only, avoiding unnecessary annoyance and increasing the likelihood that members stay engaged with the community.

Hex

Board Grandpa
Op
Board
Jul 26, 2016
I get the intent, but to be clear with that specific example (because it's not immediately clear) that reaction wasn't because of an @Events ping, it was because of an accidental @everyone ping.

TheForgottenUser

Honorary green
Greenie
Whitey
Nov 3, 2013
Ah, I only saw the multiple event pings above it. Perhaps it was deleted or I just missed it, but I think the idea is still sound.

BTJRedwing

Berdst Friend
Op
Mar 7, 2020
Splitting the @Events ping into Jackbox/Gartic/Skribbl.io/Tabletop and in-game events is something I've talked about before. It's often the same group of people interested in voice call games, and anyone who's waiting on a beep test over the weekend might not care about them. I also plan to try to help make 'mini-events' a more common thing on the server, so use might become more common.

As for Mafia and larger server events, these are both more long term so a ping isn't really necessary. They're also either announced on the forums and/or in #announcements, so it'd be redundant.

As for Event Coordination, I don't know if I quite understand what you mean. Planning for any kind of specific events should probably be done elsewhere.

Ajdj

Minr Admin
Op
Oct 28, 2013
I try to avoid making super generic categories, as those tend to not get enough attention.

My initial thought would be to break events into 2-3 pingable roles depending on where the event is taking place:
  • Events-Minecraft (Beep test, server events, etc.)
  • Events-Discord (Jackbox, Gartic Phone, Among Us, etc.)
  • Events-Forums (Mafia, etc.)
    • (Possibly wrap this up into one of the other two and only divide events in two?)

BTJRedwing

Berdst Friend
Op
Mar 7, 2020
I don't think the forums one would get a ton of use. I might have used it for the username game, but I can't imagine many other scenarios. Mafia is handled almost entirely on the forums and in an event-specific discord server, so it would likely be rarely pinged.

Best plan (in my mind) is to split it into on-server and off-server events.

TheForgottenUser

Honorary green
Greenie
Whitey
Nov 3, 2013
My only thought with splitting things up finely is that it might be better to have the role available to ping than to need it and not have it. E.g. I remember Hexer pinged @Events for the most recent round of Mafia, but obviously not everyone wants to play Mafia.

Hex

Board Grandpa
Op
Board
Jul 26, 2016
3 roles: Beep, Party Game, Events. Beep for Beep Test, Party Games for Party Games, Events for everything else. I think it's fine to ping events for stuff like Mafia (one ping every ~3 months) on top of server events (We have like half a dozen events a year?) as I'd prefer we cast a wide net with who those types of pings get sent to. If we filtered out those two I think it's be more bearable for people. Not everyone wants to participate in any one event, and not every ping is always going to be relevant to everyone that sees it, but these 3 would be best imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.