Constant freezing ingame.

sakapaka

New Fish
Whitey
Aug 13, 2021
Hello.
On the past few days on minr I noticed that sometimes my game just freezes for around 1-2 seconds. I thought nothing of it and assumed my pc is just a potato.
The reason I am making this post is because after testing, I realized that these lag spikes only happen once I enter specific blocks (in the air or on the ground).
Some jumps become almost impossible because of this because I cannot tell where my charchter is for 80% of the jump.

I was wondering if someone else ever encountered such problems and if anyone knows how to fix it.

Chillers

Administrator
Op
Oct 26, 2013
Hello.
On the past few days on minr I noticed that sometimes my game just freezes for around 1-2 seconds. I thought nothing of it and assumed my pc is just a potato.
The reason I am making this post is because after testing, I realized that these lag spikes only happen once I enter specific blocks (in the air or on the ground).
Some jumps become almost impossible because of this because I cannot tell where my charchter is for 80% of the jump.

I was wondering if someone else ever encountered such problems and if anyone knows how to fix it.
There is an issue with 1.17 where players will lag briefely when crossing through chunk borders. I don't believe it's directly related to the server and is awaiting a patch.

sakapaka

New Fish
Whitey
Aug 13, 2021
Hi, thanks for the post. It seems related to https://bugs.mojang.com/browse/MC-162253

Do you know exactly when you started encountering this issue? I am asking since we were changing some configurations in the past few days, so this issue might have been caused by something like that.
I had this issue for quite a while now (back in 1.16 aswell) but today and yesterday the freezing became way more frequent and noticable.

Hex

Board Grandpa
Op
Board
Jul 26, 2016
While in-game, press F3 + G to see chunk borders. Can you confirm that the lagspikes are happening over chunk borders? If they are, it's most likely due to that bug. Paper used to have a fix for it, but apparently they removed it in 1.17 for some reason. There is a way to fix it for specific maps, but it's a bit tedious.

As well, I've had a similar problem with my computer as I would get frame drops every minute, and it was caused by a rotating wallpaper. Maybe that's your problem as well?