• Hi Guest
    Please take 5 minutes to complete this short survey about your experience on minr and how we can improve the server. Results will be published in the near future.
    Please feel free to share this link.
    Link to Survey

Suggestion Cp's not giving food

git_merge

Active Player
Greenie
Sep 28, 2017
Some maps only give food at the start sign. I have a feeling this is often not intended by the map creator and should be looked at. An example is Skylands, but there are probably a lot more.

Fire

Minr Historian
Greenie
Board
May 13, 2015
The amount of food given by signs, if any, is always the amount it is by design. Skylands can be done from the checkpoint without any food.

git_merge

Active Player
Greenie
Sep 28, 2017
The amount of food given by signs, if any, is always the amount it is by design. Skylands can be done from the checkpoint without any food.
Sure, I don't object to that. But what I'm trying to say is that creators might have only specified cp spots without informing (forgetting?) op's to set them up as food-giving cp's. Also: does the fact that a (part of a) map can be completed without food imply that it should not be distributed either?

Hex

Board Man
Op
Board
Jul 26, 2016
As I recall, multiple years back there was a bug and/or update that removed all food from mid checkpoints (@rebplane is my source iirc) so if that's the case then there shouldn't be a problem with adding food to these mid checkpoints. Nearly all maps now have saturation, so this only affects a few 3-4+ year old maps.

MeisterXehanort

The best user.
Greenie
Oct 27, 2013
Skylands is so old that it has been out before Mojang fucked up the hunger system so I'm very positive there was never intended to be food in the mid cp section. It's not like it matters since you're dead anyways if you fall right? So there's not really a way to run out of hunger iirc unless you literally jump in place or something.