• Welcome to Minr.org

Server IP: zero.minr.org 

Java Version: 1.20.2

Who are we?

Welcome to one of the oldest Minecraft servers and communities in the world! Zero.minr.org dates back over 13 years and has been consistently providing endless hours of fun and excitement for players from all over the globe. With an uptime of 99%, you can count on us to be here for you whenever you're in the mood for some challenging minecraft parkour, puzzles and mazes.

Our server is home to over 600+ challenges, each designed to keep you engaged and entertained for months on end. These challenges have been created, tested and curated by our green membership community, who are true experts in all things challenges! Our community is made up of some of the most dedicated and skilled players, who have completed our Hardcore set of challenges and continue to create new and innovative experiences for our server.

At our core, we are strongly committed to fair play and against any form of pay-to-win features. We have been privately funded since our inception, which has allowed us to provide a level playing field for all our players, free of any hidden advantages. This dedication to fair play has resulted in a thriving community where everyone has a chance to excel and showcase their skills.

So why not join us and become a part of something truly special? Who knows, you may even have what it takes to create a challenge that will remain on our server for years to come. Whether you're a seasoned Minecraft veteran or a newcomer to the game, we look forward to welcoming you to our server.

For more information about zero.minr.org click here.

Daily and Weekly Challenge Points

Should the amount of Challenge Points be reduced for the Daily and Weekly Challenge?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

luckylukecraft

Actually not that lucky
Op
Board
Sep 28, 2014
Maybe some of you have already noticed that you are now given more points for completing the weekly or daily challenge. In my opinion, however, the Daily and Weekly Challenges award players too many challenge points. Given the information below, I'm comparing challenges, to give you an idea of how unbalanced things are. By calculating the average difficulty you can also compare how difficult each challenge is (most of the times).
(White = 1, Blue = 2, Green = 3, Yellow = 4, Orange = 5, Red = 6, Black = 7)

Challenge: Packs of Packs
Levels: 1 blue, 1 green, 7 yellow, 9 orange (Total: 18 maps)
Average difficulty: 4.3333
Award: 70 C-Points

Challenge: Weekly 61
Levels: 2 blue, 5 yellow, 4 orange, 1 red (Total: 12 maps)
Average difficulty: 4.1667
Award: 105 C-Points

Challenge: Crippled Classics
Levels: 2 white, 1 green, 1 yellow, 1 orange (Total: 5 maps)
Average difficulty: 2.8 (Keep in mind that this is a no-sprint challenge and thus, more difficult than the given average difficulty)
Award: 25 C-Points

Challenge: Daily 426
Levels: 1 green, 1 yellow, 1 orange (Total: 3 maps)
Average difficulty: 4.0
Award: 23 C-Points

The weekly has a total of 12 maps and an average difficulty of 4.2, while the challenge 'Packs of Packs' is first of all, longer, and second of all, more difficult (with a length of 18 maps and a difficulty of 4.3). Players will more likely play the weekly instead of the 'Packs of Packs'.

The same is rather similar for the daily challenge. The daily challenge has a total of 3 maps, with a difficulty of 4.0, while the challenge 'Crippled Classics' is longer. You receive nearly as many points for both challenges, while Crippled Classics will most likely take you 3 to 4 times longer.

The weekly and daily challenge discourages players to play other challenges, since you are given so many points. Please balance the amount of points of the challenges.
Yes, comparing is not the best move when it comes to requesting a change of challenge points, but I want you to see that the player is given too many points for completing a weekly or daily challenge. My idea is to either give less points when completing a weekly or daily challenge, or give more points for the other challenges.

If you have any other ideas or just want to comment, please post something below.

rickyboy320

Administrator
Op
Nov 18, 2013
Exactly, today I introduced the split between challenge and daily points, so now we can change points that challenges reward freely (and your points will get updated as such).
I haven’t gotten to updating the points yet, but I think this thread can serve as a good way to discuss that.

I’ll post some of my ideas later.

Edit: forgot to mention but the daily/weekly bonuses also have been greatly reduced.

Fire

Absolute
May 13, 2015
Because the rewards for normal challenges can only be obtained once, I think they ought to give the equivalent of the total FFA points in the challenge plus a high bonus percentage, perhaps around 50%. The same shouldn't go for dailies and weeklies, which can be exhausted infinitely. Because people barely ever do dailies and weeklies, I think the 1st and 2nd place bonuses should simply be removed.

So 50% bonus on normal challenges unless there's added conditions that make it harder like no sprint, no regen, or no mid-CP, in which case the bonus would be higher. No bonus on dailies and weeklies.

So with a challenge like TULIP, the total FFA points adds up to 144, which with +50% is 216. Rounding that do a better number gives us 220.

Dumbmutt

Stargazer
Greenie
Jul 30, 2018
Well, daily/weekly challenges are random, it'd be nice if they were awarded according to the map difficulties

Fire

Absolute
May 13, 2015
Ok, here's a list of every single regular challenge with it's current reward, the total FFA points, its extra conditions, and the new total based on said conditions and the 50% bonus, rounded to a better number. The bonus percentage given by extra conditions had to be handled case-by-case, because the same condition can boost the difficulty of one set of maps far more than others.

-Insert Quarter-
Current Reward: 50
Total FFA Points: 87
Extra Conditions: None
New Total: 135

2017 Assortment
Current Reward: 90
Total FFA Points: 213 (Redstone Ready and Retrograde aren't in there right now even though they should be, so I added them in as well. To whoever updates this challenge, be sure to add RSR and Retro back in as well)
New Total: 325

2018 Assortment — This currently isn't a challenge, but it sure ought to be. Here's all of the maps published or republished in 2018 in chronological order, with the new totals.
Minr Golf
Zurdite
The Minotaur's Labyrinth

Grid Hopper
Queen's Nest 2
The Exit
A Dwarven Playground
The Crooked Forest

Necropolis
To Be Kind
IKEAmaze

Crazy Cane
In Rainbows
Kakashi
Pandemonium
Amalgam
Rainbow Madhouse
World Domination
Canvas
Retro Valley

The Pumpkin Lord
Greene Mansion
Total FFA Ponts: 191
Now Total: 300

Beginner Maze Pack
Current Reward: 10
Total FFA Points: 14
New Total: 20

Beginner Parkour Pack
Total FFA Points: 9
New Total: 15

Beginner Puzzle Pack
Total FFA Points: 16
New Total: 25

Black & White
Current Reward: 90
Total FFA Points: 81
New Total: 125

Blue Oceans
Current Reward: 20
Total FFA Points: 42 (Mineco, Old Level 2, and Space Jump ought to be removed, while Evil Chicken, Fortunes and Skulls, Funhouse, Roller Mirrors, Pixi's Carnival Games, and Greene Mansion ought to be added in.)
New Total: 65

Cheesefest
Total FFA Points: 134
New Total: 200

Co-op
Total FFA Points: 30 (With Heist and Kakashi readded with times wiped, since the challenge has been done with just Jko-op and Brothers'.)
Extra Conditions: Nothing official, but the fact you do everything co-op does make it harder
New Total: 60

Colors of the Rainbow
Current Reward: 30
Total FFA Points: 58
New Total: 90

Crippled Classics
Current Reward: 25
Total FFA Points: 25
Extra Conditions: No sprint
New Total: 50

DOOR!
Current Reward: 15
Total FFA Points: 14
New Total: 20

Follow Freeman
Total FFA Points: 67
New Total: 100

Flamingo Fury
Total FFA Points: 42
New Total: 65

Hard Maze Pack
Total FFA Points: 84

Hard Parkour Pack
Total FFA Points: 56

Hexa
Current Reward: 666
Total FFA Points: 1966 (Max points w/o alternate endings and extra stages in multi-level maps)
Extra Conditions: 66 lives
New Total: 6666 (Yes, this will put whoever completes Hexa at more than double the current #1, but Hexa is already nigh impossible and only becomes more and more so with every new map, so I think any legend that manages to beat this is undoubtedly the #1 challenger)

Insane Parkour Pack
Current Reward: 40
Total FFA Points: 111 (Including Retrograde, which needs to be added back in)
New Total: 175

Intermediate Maze Pack
Total FFA Points: 32
New Total: 45

Intermediate Parkour Pack
Total FFA Points: 26
New Total: 40

Intermediate Puzzle Pack
Total FFA Points: 42

Kadd's Krazies
Current Reward: 35
Total FFA Points: 53

Maze Competition Trials 2018
Total FFA Points: 61

Original Hardcore
Total FFA Points: 18
Extra Conditions: No sprint, No food, No checkpoints, No regeneration
New Total: 40

Pack of Packs
Current Reward: 70
Total FFA Points: 163 (Teddy's X-mas ought to be reordered to map 5, and Trapapalooza ought to be reordered to map 9)
New Total: 250

Puzzle Competition Trials 2017
Total FFA Points: 39

Retro Runner Rush
Total FFA Points: 33

Rivers Run Red
Current Reward: 100
Total FFA Points: 378 (Aqueous, FAQ Quiz, and Redstone Ready need to be taken out, while 1010, Grid Hopper, Invictus, P.I.T.M.O.N., Retrograde, Telepads, The Great Cake, and World Domination all need to be added in)
New Total: 650

Satan's Pit
Total FFA Points: 113

Snacky Salad
Total FFA Points: 64

Sweet Starvation
Total FFA Points: 18
Extra Conditions: No food

The A-Team
Current Reward: 70
Total FFA Points: 93 (A Dwarven Playground, Athenai, and Amalgam all need to be added)
Extra Conditions: 4 lives

The Amazing Race
Current Reward: 35
Total FFA Points: 21
Extra Conditions: No checkpoints
New Total: 75

The Path of Heroes
Current Reward: 150
Total FFA Points: ???
Extra Conditions: Fq'p x erdb jxwb jxab lc jxmp
New Total: 500

Trials of Herobrine
Current Reward: 15
Total FFA Points: 45
New Total: 70

TULIP
Current Reward: 60
Total FFA Points: 144
New Total: 225

Two-Tower Treachery
Total FFA Points: 24

Walking Wanderers
Total FFA Points: 78

Welcome to Hell
Total FFA Points: 48

Winter is Coming
Total FFA Points: 62 (With Kakashi included, which ought to be added back in)

Wool Ascending
Total FFA Points: 12

Wul Warriors
Total FFA Points: 20
New Total: 30

Last edited:

rickyboy320

Administrator
Op
Nov 18, 2013
Except if there are any objections, I’ll update the point values as described above in one to two days.
Thanks for the write up!

Alphaesia

Maze Connoisseur
Op
Apr 21, 2014
Except if there are any objections, I’ll update the point values as described above in one to two days.
Thanks for the write up!
As a reminder, when the ch-points for all the challenges are updated, all the signs in the challenge hub at spawn + the wiki page will need to be updated as well.

rickyboy320

Administrator
Op
Nov 18, 2013
The challenge rewards have been updated. I also took the liberty to update the lobby a bit (splitting challenge 'packs' and 'standard' into two separate walls. (Though the 'packs' required much more space so it's somewhat more of a room now). I also ordered them by reward, using the same colour scale as the rest of FFA.

Though the colours aren't entirely descriptive of their difficulty, they are a decent indicator of length and time. (And more importantly, allow us to more visually sort the challenges).

I imagine the scale to be somewhat along these lines:
White: 0-30 C-Points
Blue: 31-60
Green: 61-100
Yellow: 101-150
Orange: 151-250
Red: 251-500
Black: 501+

P.S. I also removed the Old-HC challenge and map, in favor of the upcoming Mimic.

Status
Not open for further replies.