• Welcome to Minr.org

Server IP: zero.minr.org 

Java Version: 1.20.2

Who are we?

Welcome to one of the oldest Minecraft servers and communities in the world! Zero.minr.org dates back over 13 years and has been consistently providing endless hours of fun and excitement for players from all over the globe. With an uptime of 99%, you can count on us to be here for you whenever you're in the mood for some challenging minecraft parkour, puzzles and mazes.

Our server is home to over 600+ challenges, each designed to keep you engaged and entertained for months on end. These challenges have been created, tested and curated by our green membership community, who are true experts in all things challenges! Our community is made up of some of the most dedicated and skilled players, who have completed our Hardcore set of challenges and continue to create new and innovative experiences for our server.

At our core, we are strongly committed to fair play and against any form of pay-to-win features. We have been privately funded since our inception, which has allowed us to provide a level playing field for all our players, free of any hidden advantages. This dedication to fair play has resulted in a thriving community where everyone has a chance to excel and showcase their skills.

So why not join us and become a part of something truly special? Who knows, you may even have what it takes to create a challenge that will remain on our server for years to come. Whether you're a seasoned Minecraft veteran or a newcomer to the game, we look forward to welcoming you to our server.

For more information about zero.minr.org click here.

FAQ and The Rule Break Spike

Status
Not open for further replies.

rmanimal

Space
Op
Jan 19, 2015
Especially with recent days, I'm seeing alot more whities, and sometimes blues, ask or do something against the rules. I'm seeing many upon many messages with "How do you..." or "What do you do here?", violating the don't give solutions rule. While this is the main rule being broken, many questions that are solidly in the FAQ are getting asked often. FAQ isn't getting seen, therefore causing a massive spike in rule breaks.

My Solution? Put a FAQ place as worldspawn and make the FAQ Quiz mandatory rather than optional. Even if it may seem a bit annoying to have the rule place as spawnpoint, people would be told to read it rather than not even knowing it existed.

As an optional note: a /warp FAQ warp might be helpful. While it might not be too useful, people who forget certain rules can warp to the rule central

Alphaesia

Maze Connoisseur
Op
Apr 21, 2014
Especially with recent days, I'm seeing alot more whities, and sometimes blues, ask or do something against the rules. I'm seeing many upon many messages with "How do you..." or "What do you do here?", violating the don't give solutions rule. While this is the main rule being broken, many questions that are solidly in the FAQ are getting asked often. FAQ isn't getting seen, therefore causing a massive spike in rule breaks.

My Solution? Put a FAQ place as worldspawn and make the FAQ Quiz mandatory rather than optional. Even if it may seem a bit annoying to have the rule place as spawnpoint, people would be told to read it rather than not even knowing it existed.

As an optional note: a /warp FAQ warp might be helpful. While it might not be too useful, people who forget certain rules can warp to the rule central
65% of new whities don't even acknolodge there are things called SIGNS.

Zatharel

Другар
Op
Board
Nov 5, 2013
Personally I'd recommend we include the FAQ and FAQ quiz in an optional tutorial whenever someone joins the server for the first time. This way in order to beat the tutorial and go and play maps they'd have to read our FAQ. We could also include basic things about our checkpoints (I've seen a lot of people thinking a CheckpointW, CheckpointF etc is a Checkpoint, so that'd be good to note).

Alphaesia

Maze Connoisseur
Op
Apr 21, 2014
Personally I'd recommend we include the FAQ and FAQ quiz in an optional tutorial whenever someone joins the server for the first time. This way in order to beat the tutorial and go and play maps they'd have to read our FAQ. We could also include basic things about our checkpoints (I've seen a lot of people thinking a CheckpointW, CheckpointF etc is a Checkpoint, so that'd be good to note).
What IS a [CheckpointF] ?

Zatharel

Другар
Op
Board
Nov 5, 2013
What IS a [CheckpointF] ?
I believe that's the type of sign you click at the end of Hardcore. Either that or I just randomly put that in. I do know there is a few things other than a CheckpointW and a Checkpoint though.

EDIT: Nevermind, that's CheckpointE, rip.

henniboy321

Chicken eater
Greenie
Nov 2, 2013
To me it's probably not a good idea to force them to do some sort of FAQ quiz. A lot of new players come on this server because they saw some advertisement and they wonna play a good a parkour, if they come online and see the first thing they have to do is a "stupid" quiz then why should they even bother to stay.

I do agree that the rules should be easier, maybe some scriptblocks with the most broken rules and a suggestion to go to FAQ?

Chillers

Administrator
Op
Oct 26, 2013
at the moment the current spawn diverts players away from the rules perhaps a hange of spawn is due xmas theme..

Zatharel

Другар
Op
Board
Nov 5, 2013
To me it's probably not a good idea to force them to do some sort of FAQ quiz. A lot of new players come on this server because they saw some advertisement and they wonna play a good a parkour, if they come online and see the first thing they have to do is a "stupid" quiz then why should they even bother to stay.
That's true, but only if you actually force them to do the quiz. If you leave them in an optional Yes/No situation when they join, it is basically the same as when you're reading the terms of use of a product. You can just click Agree without reading anything, but this means that you have no excuse to have not read the terms.

MT_Hairy_Hindu

MT_Hairy_Hindu
Greenie
Nov 2, 2013
Agreed. I like the idea, but supporting what Henni said, many people do just want to come on here and play parkour. The quiz sounds good, but not make it mandatory, maybe offer a point or 2 for it? I dont know myself, but just an idea :)

Pieceofcheese87

always in a Gouda mood
Op
Oct 28, 2013
Agreed. I like the idea, but supporting what Henni said, many people do just want to come on here and play parkour. The quiz sounds good, but not make it mandatory, maybe offer a point or 2 for it? I dont know myself, but just an idea :)
The FAQ quiz already gives 5 points.

rickyboy320

Administrator
Op
Nov 18, 2013
Things we can(or need to) do:
- Extended FAQ (pretty much our rules/terms/conditions)
- "Tutorial" - What's a checkpoint-sign? What can you do? What can't you do? -> Rewards the 5 points that the FAQ-quiz gives. (FAQ-quiz is the thing you do at the end, after having done the tutorial)
-^ With armorstands as guidelines (or those fancy holograms).

@zath CheckpointF is the sign you click to get to HC (iirc).

Zatharel

Другар
Op
Board
Nov 5, 2013
Things we can(or need to) do:
- Extended FAQ (pretty much our rules/terms/conditions)
- "Tutorial" - What's a checkpoint-sign? What can you do? What can't you do? -> Rewards the 5 points that the FAQ-quiz gives. (FAQ-quiz is the thing you do at the end, after having done the tutorial)
-^ With armorstands as guidelines (or those fancy holograms).

@zath CheckpointF is the sign you click to get to HC (iirc).
OH.

Yuuuuup. Using those fancy holograms as things to lead you around would be cool. Could we also include a basic easy maze/puzzle/parkour for the sake of introducing people to the map types?

Status
Not open for further replies.