• Welcome to Minr.org

Server IP: zero.minr.org 

Java Version: 1.20.2

Who are we?

Welcome to one of the oldest Minecraft servers and communities in the world! Zero.minr.org dates back over 13 years and has been consistently providing endless hours of fun and excitement for players from all over the globe. With an uptime of 99%, you can count on us to be here for you whenever you're in the mood for some challenging minecraft parkour, puzzles and mazes.

Our server is home to over 600+ challenges, each designed to keep you engaged and entertained for months on end. These challenges have been created, tested and curated by our green membership community, who are true experts in all things challenges! Our community is made up of some of the most dedicated and skilled players, who have completed our Hardcore set of challenges and continue to create new and innovative experiences for our server.

At our core, we are strongly committed to fair play and against any form of pay-to-win features. We have been privately funded since our inception, which has allowed us to provide a level playing field for all our players, free of any hidden advantages. This dedication to fair play has resulted in a thriving community where everyone has a chance to excel and showcase their skills.

So why not join us and become a part of something truly special? Who knows, you may even have what it takes to create a challenge that will remain on our server for years to come. Whether you're a seasoned Minecraft veteran or a newcomer to the game, we look forward to welcoming you to our server.

For more information about zero.minr.org click here.

Forum Upgrade

Chillers

Administrator
Op
Oct 26, 2013
So i've been looking at the possibility of upgrading the forum. We are currently about 3 versions out of date. I was reluctant to upgrade before due to it conflicting with our forum plugins.

There is now no more new plugins for the version we use. Whilst this forum has been very reliable there are some attractive additional extras on the newer versions which would be great to have on the forum.

The downside is...

Things will break.
Plugins may be lost if they are still outdated.
The forum skin may have to be changed. Although from what i read it is available for later versions (but it may be worth a change anyway).
Data in articles may be lost. (This appears to be an outdated plugin but may still work on later versions) We can always copy the data for using on a separate plugin.
This will involve forum downtime especially if problems occur.

I need to go through the list of plugins and see if there is an available upgrade for each as we run about 15 in total

This forum is your's as much as mine so i'll leave the decision in the capable hands of the community. If the community is happy to proceed with the upgrade i'll start looking into it more seriously and as soon as i have some decent time available i'll make the upgrade.

If the proposed upgrade goes smoothly we can look at the forum being back online within an hour or two.

Just keep in mind that of course a backup will be taken should major problems occur. I'm hoping that the transition should go smooth with no loss to comments, threads,posts, signatures, PM's and the main forum features. As for additional plugins that is where our problem lies.

Last edited:

Zatharel

Другар
Op
Board
Nov 5, 2013
New features are things we could use, especially the spoilers.

As long as we have a backup in case anything goes wrong, updating would be pretty cool.

Srentiln

minr op since Nov 2011
Op
Oct 28, 2013
I'm for it, never know how helpful the new features will be until we get used to them.

Chillers

Administrator
Op
Oct 26, 2013
Need more opinions on this so if you read this thread please state your opinion.

As for the upgrade itself i may pay a little extra for an xenforo employee to do the upgrade for us to ensure a smoother transition. Providing C_dric is happy for me to give them access.

blie4

Not a Peon
Greenie
Nov 3, 2013
I say try it out, if things are too broken to deal with, we can always restore to a backup.

If, however, we won't be able to restore it to a backup, I don't think we should try the upgrade.

Srentiln

minr op since Nov 2011
Op
Oct 28, 2013
Restoring to a backup shouldn't be an issue if it comes to it. The main issue with restoring is the time it takes since you would need to delete everything before uploading the backup to prevent potential problems.

Chillers

Administrator
Op
Oct 26, 2013
The backup itself is only half a gig compressed so it's not actually as bad as I thought it would be. I'm semi glad many of you don't use the attachments system too much :)

A fresh backup has been taken today. Well overdue.

Chillers

Administrator
Op
Oct 26, 2013
Some more good news, the articles plugin works with 1.5 supposedly although it is now unsupported.

coolgolfer

Professional Lurker
Greenie
Nov 6, 2013
I agree, the new features look really cool and if there is a backup, then there is no reason to be worried

Chillers

Administrator
Op
Oct 26, 2013
It gives so many new usefull things to play with, I'd say we risk the occasional crashes :)
There shouldnt be any crashes so to speak its just the compatability of the plugins with the lateat update. Most appear to be compatible. I have time tonight im just attempting to do the changes on a test server on my local machine if all goes well I may attempt the update tonight.