• Welcome to Minr.org

Server IP: zero.minr.org 

Java Version: 1.20.2

Who are we?

Welcome to one of the oldest Minecraft servers and communities in the world! Zero.minr.org dates back over 13 years and has been consistently providing endless hours of fun and excitement for players from all over the globe. With an uptime of 99%, you can count on us to be here for you whenever you're in the mood for some challenging minecraft parkour, puzzles and mazes.

Our server is home to over 600+ challenges, each designed to keep you engaged and entertained for months on end. These challenges have been created, tested and curated by our green membership community, who are true experts in all things challenges! Our community is made up of some of the most dedicated and skilled players, who have completed our Hardcore set of challenges and continue to create new and innovative experiences for our server.

At our core, we are strongly committed to fair play and against any form of pay-to-win features. We have been privately funded since our inception, which has allowed us to provide a level playing field for all our players, free of any hidden advantages. This dedication to fair play has resulted in a thriving community where everyone has a chance to excel and showcase their skills.

So why not join us and become a part of something truly special? Who knows, you may even have what it takes to create a challenge that will remain on our server for years to come. Whether you're a seasoned Minecraft veteran or a newcomer to the game, we look forward to welcoming you to our server.

For more information about zero.minr.org click here.

Give most maps automatic saturation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alphaesia

Maze Connoisseur
Op
Apr 21, 2014
It would be a good idea to give most maps automatic saturation (hunger bar is always full, no salmon needed/provided). This of course wouldn't apply to maps that use hunger as a mechanic (Kraze Vil, Retrograde).
This would help modernise the server, as I suspect a fair amount of whities who join are expecting this, and surprised as the food requirement.
It would be the default food granted in maps (instead of the 64 Salmon we have currently).

Zatharel

Другар
Op
Board
Nov 5, 2013
YES

I've been encouraging this for a year now, it's really simple to set up and has no (to my knowledge) big downsides.

rmanimal

Space
Op
Jan 19, 2015
The only thing I could see this affecting is speedrun times, since if a map is long enough requires eating sometime during the run. Some maps will create faster times with this new saturation, but there's a small amount, reliant on heavy amounts of damage, that will surprisingly become slower (E.g. Holes). The reason for this is because of the weird way saturation works: saturation acts like normal only until a hunger bar is drained, which the game then brings back up to the same state as /heal (this is not the same as full/max saturation). Since it acts normally, right before the player is healed the game is slower healing the player than if they stock up on saturation by eating salmon before the run. It's an odd case (and I doubt many people know to stock up), but especially holes is a map that could need fixing if saturation is implemented.

MOUTHWEST

Custom title
Greenie
Oct 26, 2013
In addition to the point rm made, aren't there challenges that involve not having food?

I'd imagine these are the vast minority and can be fixed or dealt with in a reasonable time, so I'm for it. The issue would now be how to implement it - we can either edit the regions of each map, or do a global flag (which would invalidate survival on zero unless we did a workaround for that). If there's another way, feel free to state it.

LomourKong

Split
Mod
Board
Aug 29, 2015
Wouldn't this break most maps with lava walls and other damage based obstacles? Damage boosting was already a problem when you could store saturation, much less with effectively infinite saturation.

Schylah

The Sassy Dragon
Greenie
Jan 5, 2018
YES! I LOVE THE IDEA!
I'd go for it if it isn't much trouble for anybody. It'd help with the maps that have multiple cps such as WOol endless.

rickyboy320

Administrator
Op
Nov 18, 2013
Going through with this idea on 1.13, will add a setting for maps to grant this automatically, without having to set up a region flag or anything.
This would immediately solve the issue of challenges and their food caps - those can then be used as an exemption.

Only issue remains those maps that use lava walls - I guess we can just not enable saturation on those, at least until we find a workaround.

Drahmee

Greenie
Oct 26, 2015
Lava Parkour has a couple of lava walls, but they are for esthetic reasons, so no problem.

Srentiln

minr op since Nov 2011
Op
Oct 28, 2013
Can the map makers opt in/out? I would opt out STS and VS right away, and opt out Sra pending review of it's impact.

Status
Not open for further replies.