• Welcome to Minr.org

Server IP: zero.minr.org 

Java Version: 1.20.4

Who are we?

Welcome to one of the oldest Minecraft servers and communities in the world! Zero.minr.org dates back over 13 years and has been consistently providing endless hours of fun and excitement for players from all over the globe. With an uptime of 99%, you can count on us to be here for you whenever you're in the mood for some challenging minecraft parkour, puzzles and mazes.

Our server is home to over 600+ challenges, each designed to keep you engaged and entertained for months on end. These challenges have been created, tested and curated by our green membership community, who are true experts in all things challenges! Our community is made up of some of the most dedicated and skilled players, who have completed our Hardcore set of challenges and continue to create new and innovative experiences for our server.

At our core, we are strongly committed to fair play and against any form of pay-to-win features. We have been privately funded since our inception, which has allowed us to provide a level playing field for all our players, free of any hidden advantages. This dedication to fair play has resulted in a thriving community where everyone has a chance to excel and showcase their skills.

So why not join us and become a part of something truly special? Who knows, you may even have what it takes to create a challenge that will remain on our server for years to come. Whether you're a seasoned Minecraft veteran or a newcomer to the game, we look forward to welcoming you to our server.

For more information about zero.minr.org click here.

Haunted Tower skip

skywise

New Fish
Whitey
Jul 14, 2024
In Haunted Tower you can grab extra skulls in the second house, then fall out of the next house, click the map checkpoint to restart the timer while keeping the skulls.

Solawr

Peon
Greenie
May 10, 2021
I don't necessarily see the issue here, the speedrun already involves putting the heads in and then restarting the map so the door on the 2nd house is open.

Solawr

Peon
Greenie
May 10, 2021
The shortcut rule needs to be updated to be more specific, there are many examples of this kind of thing being used in runs. Almost every puzzle map I've seen uses a form of preparing.

BoggledToggo

Oh good lawd he boggled
Greenie
Board
May 12, 2022
This would definitely come under the banner of 'preparing', and shouldn't be allowed in speedruns.

That being said, I understand that it's very hard to retroactively ban, as I imagine many people will have set times using this method at this point. Not sure how this is best handled.

Alphaesia

Maze Connoisseur
Op
Apr 21, 2014
Setting up maps for speedrunning has been disallowed for many years. However, the rules as currently written are not very clear on this. The previous iteration of the rules stated this much more clearly:
  • Any maps that involve preparing or setting up sections for faster completion are considered skips.
  • Players that knowingly use skips or exploits are expected to report them within the day of discovering them.
A similar case was brought up in staff channels in December. The consensus, as far as I can tell, was to keep it disallowed and to update the rules to be more specific. That hasn't happened yet, but we really should get onto it. I've gone ahead and unpinned Ricky's old thread as we don't update it anymore and I think it is drifting out of sync with the current/intended rules.

I can't imagine anyone would be retroactively punished for this, but we will need to clear out the relevant times.

Solawr

Peon
Greenie
May 10, 2021
"I can't imagine anyone would be retroactively punished for this, but we will need to clear out the relevant times."

The problem is that there are SO many times that use a preset skip, there would need to be a full on witch hunt for these kind of runs