• Welcome to Minr.org

Server IP: zero.minr.org 

Who are we?

We are one of Minecraft's oldest servers. Our map dates back over 11+ years and our server has had an uptime of 99%. We have over 600 challenges that will keep you occupied for months. All of our challenges have been developed tested and curated by our membership base who have completed our Hardcore set of challenges.

We are strongly against pay-to-win features and have been a privately funded server for the entirety of our existence, amounting to over a decade of free and fair play for our community.

You yourself could one day be creating a challenge for our server that will remain for years to come.

For more information about zero.minr.org click here...

Local Update Suppression

Vermilion_Stone

Redstone?
Greenie
Nov 22, 2021
On Minr, there are many cases when building a map in which update suppression would be useful. Some use cases for update suppression are ceiling-less lanterns, wall-less torches, and floating anything that's not supposed to be floating. As of now, I don't want to build a traditional update suppressor for several reasons including: it might crash the server if somebody messed with it and it might not work. There is one other way that is a different type of update suppression, involving a block that a piston attempts but cannot pull not updating the blocks around the piston-head. This is useful for floating sand and anvils, but not much else. So, I propose local update suppression, preferably pseudo-update suppression.

There are several ways to go about doing this, but the best way I see is to have a command or item (similar to armour stand flint or sign feather) that can be used to prevent updates in a region, or perhaps even just the updates caused by a single block. This could also be implemented as a command that only admins could use, or all greens+.

This does seem difficult to program, but I have no experience modding with bukkit so I don't know how hard it would be to add. If it were to be added though, it would be a great addition to map-making tools.

rickyboy320

Administrator
Op
Nov 18, 2013
It's possible to do so with worldedit - check out the //perf options on the test server. Only thing is that you obviously should take care not to trigger an update of the blocks yourself.