• Welcome to Minr.org

Server IP: zero.minr.org 

Java Version: 1.20.2

Who are we?

Welcome to one of the oldest Minecraft servers and communities in the world! Zero.minr.org dates back over 13 years and has been consistently providing endless hours of fun and excitement for players from all over the globe. With an uptime of 99%, you can count on us to be here for you whenever you're in the mood for some challenging minecraft parkour, puzzles and mazes.

Our server is home to over 600+ challenges, each designed to keep you engaged and entertained for months on end. These challenges have been created, tested and curated by our green membership community, who are true experts in all things challenges! Our community is made up of some of the most dedicated and skilled players, who have completed our Hardcore set of challenges and continue to create new and innovative experiences for our server.

At our core, we are strongly committed to fair play and against any form of pay-to-win features. We have been privately funded since our inception, which has allowed us to provide a level playing field for all our players, free of any hidden advantages. This dedication to fair play has resulted in a thriving community where everyone has a chance to excel and showcase their skills.

So why not join us and become a part of something truly special? Who knows, you may even have what it takes to create a challenge that will remain on our server for years to come. Whether you're a seasoned Minecraft veteran or a newcomer to the game, we look forward to welcoming you to our server.

For more information about zero.minr.org click here.

Map-Specific Render Distance

swifferpharbzzz

Active Player
Greenie
Feb 7, 2021
As some of you may know, the render distance on the server was recently raised from 6 to 10 chunks.
While this is a welcome change for many maps – especially droppers, many open maps have been negatively impacted by the increase, and immersion has been ruined.

When these maps were built, the render distance at the time was taken into consideration to ensure that the player could not load in unwanted chunks. Some maps would be easy to correct, while others are virtually impossible to fix without hours of work.

As a temporary solution, map creators can add signs to the beginning of their maps recommending what render distance to play at. Unfortunately, as we know from experience, many of these suggestions are often overlooked or ignored. (What do you mean you want me to set my brightness to gloomy?)

Some examples:

Cliffs of Insanity: You can now see a large portion of Kino Love and natural Minecraft terrain from the start.

A Swift Adventure: You can now see the edge of the (fake) ocean and a map for a puzzle.

Festival: You can now see a large building nearby that is extremely noticeable.

The solution? A plugin function could be developed that would allow a map creator to assign a render distance limit to their map.
I was made aware that this function should be possible to implement, but it would take some hard work from the developer team. There would be a maximum render distance set by the server. For maps that have been assigned a lower render distance than the server max, the plugin would automatically lower a player's render distance while inside that map.

I believe this is an ideal and permanent solution. The server could potentially increase its maximum render distance even further without disturbing any maps that require a smaller distance. This provides a more direct solution than going back and editing old maps, and any new maps built would not need to worry about potential render distance increases in the future.

If you think this would be helpful for you as a map creator, please respond to this thread to express your interest.
Shout out to the developers for all you do <3

FrananaSplits

Procrastinating <3
Mod
Board
Feb 18, 2021
We love that large render distance for droppers and certain maps but having this would definitely save space and sanity when it comes to spacing certain maps out. I’d love to see this implemented

anrein

Music Enjoyer
Mod
Board
Apr 21, 2020
I think this would help a lot of people greatly, having more control over what people can see in my maps would be a huge help as a mapmaker. All for this personally!

Mercata

Nightmare Connoisseur
Greenie
Jul 20, 2020
Oh, wow! Good lookin’ out for a solution, I wouldn’t have even fathomed that this was an option but I am 1000% down.

Especially given that render distances are subject to being expanded as server resources allow, it’s untenable (and in many cases, downright impossible) to keep updating builds to remain independent as intended.

My poor cliffs… ;_;

wavelyte

Duck Enthusiast
Op
Board
Dec 19, 2020
This needs to be addressed ASAP. It's not fair to simply limit the server distance at 6 as it is extremely detrimental to dropper maps as well as other maps which rely on far-away things (blight comes to mind immediately, but capping at 6 can definitely break immersion in some other maps). On the other hand forcing a larger distance clearly breaks immersion in a number of maps. There's no perfect number we can set render distance to in order to fix every map, so we should be working towards being able to change it for each map.

BTJRedwing

Berdst Friend
Op
Mar 7, 2020
Based on my limited experience with server dev, I don't believe this is possible.

The server cannot control or see what a clients view distance is set at, it can only set a max view distance (that the client now actually respects as of 1.18) serverwide. I can't find anyone that has come up with a way to set this by region, and it may just be impossible
. This is being worked on, stay tuned.

If anyone needs help patching their maps up in the meantime, please DM me over discord.

Last edited: