• Welcome to Minr.org

Server IP: zero.minr.org 

Java Version: 1.20.2

Who are we?

Welcome to one of the oldest Minecraft servers and communities in the world! Zero.minr.org dates back over 13 years and has been consistently providing endless hours of fun and excitement for players from all over the globe. With an uptime of 99%, you can count on us to be here for you whenever you're in the mood for some challenging minecraft parkour, puzzles and mazes.

Our server is home to over 600+ challenges, each designed to keep you engaged and entertained for months on end. These challenges have been created, tested and curated by our green membership community, who are true experts in all things challenges! Our community is made up of some of the most dedicated and skilled players, who have completed our Hardcore set of challenges and continue to create new and innovative experiences for our server.

At our core, we are strongly committed to fair play and against any form of pay-to-win features. We have been privately funded since our inception, which has allowed us to provide a level playing field for all our players, free of any hidden advantages. This dedication to fair play has resulted in a thriving community where everyone has a chance to excel and showcase their skills.

So why not join us and become a part of something truly special? Who knows, you may even have what it takes to create a challenge that will remain on our server for years to come. Whether you're a seasoned Minecraft veteran or a newcomer to the game, we look forward to welcoming you to our server.

For more information about zero.minr.org click here.

Minr Sightseeing - April 1st 2023

Marrimars

Sleepy Forest Girl
Op
Board
Feb 7, 2016
Welcome to Minr Sightseeing 2023!

After a long winter of travels I once again return to invite you to partake in Minr Sightseeing, an event where you’re tasked to identify and locate pictures I’ve taken across the server, and travel there to see the sights for yourself!
This time you’ll partake as solo competitors, but teamwork in smaller groups is allowed. Signing up wont be required as we’ll be accepting drop-ins throughout the whole event.

The event will take place on April 1st and run for a whole week! I’ve had some people warn me that there might be some shenanigans going on back home that day, but I have a strict schedule and the tickets are already booked. It should be fine, right?

More information will be provided closer to the day of the event. I wish everyone Good Luck and Happy Sightseeing!

Marrimars

Sleepy Forest Girl
Op
Board
Feb 7, 2016
Today is the day!

Minr Sightseeing will officially begin at noon EST, but if you can't make it to the start, don't worry! The event will run for a week, and everyone will have time to play.

First things first, we have a new hub! Everything you'll need can be found here, including rules, links to the images etc. There's plenty of secrets to find too! You have to register in the hub before you can start scoring points.

Now for the fun parts, how does the event play?

- When the event starts, a group of images taken from inside ffa maps will be released. Your goal is to figure out where the image was taken from, and reach the location to score a point!
- New 'batches' of images will be released regularly and whoever can earn the most points before the end of the event wins!

Alright marri, but what are the rewards?

-
We have three fun hats available for anyone scoring at least 5, 15 and 30 points, and a special title for the top scoring player! You definitely do not want to miss out on them <3
- There will also be a spreadsheet linked in the hub that the first person who finds each location will be permanently added to.

Now for the boring but important part, event rules.

- This is a solo event, but you're free to work together with others. Please keep 'teams' to a max of four players though, and keep in mind only one person can get the winner title!
- Please do not leak locations outside of the people you might be working together with. This is a competition, normal answersharing rules mostly apply.
- Some locations may require using unintended strategies to get out of bounds. These should normally be reported, but will be allowed for this event only. If you use an unintended escape to beat a map or set a top time, you will be banned for at least the duration of the event.
- If you have created a map that has a location in it using an escape, please do not patch it until the event is over. We will report everything we've found and assist creators in patching them once the event is over.
- Do not use creative mode or /homes to help assist in reaching locations.

Finally, some misc info:

- If you run into any issues or have a question, feel free to message any of the event hosts or reply below!
- There will be a SECOND Minr Sightseeing event happening this year, sometime late summer or fall! Timing isn't decided yet but if you happen to feel unsatisfied from this one, don't worry!

We hope you have a fun time!
- @Marrimars, @Visuumii, @LendKaru, @newcake

Last edited:

Visuumii

i hate the word content
Op
Oct 7, 2021
Addendum: Since the event is fully underway and the true nature of the competition has been exposed, I'd like to clarify a few things.

To be clear on unintended exploits, they are being allowed specifically for participants of this event specifically to find sightseeing spots, strictly until the event ends on saturday the 8th at 4pm UTC.
All exploits will be patched and another sightseeing event will be held this year for anyone disappointed.
They are not to be used to beat maps, gain top times, hunt for secrets, explore people builds, wander into zero or theta, or do anything except find the sightseeing spot. Any malicious use of exploits falls under this. Anyone found violating these terms will be banned for at least the duration of the event.
These are to be reported to a staff member or map creator under any other circumstance than being an active participant going for the goals this specific event. Do not violate this rule.
You may not go to or in maps in creative to gain an unfair advantage, or set homes in maps. These rules are unchanged.
Other than that, follow the rules laid out by Marri, and happy hunting.

Visuumii

i hate the word content
Op
Oct 7, 2021
Addendum 2: There have been a few questions and a couple clarifications I think are needed.

-Sightseeing spots are not contained in valley or mimic maps.
-All sightseeing spots can be earned from within the map pictured's region(s), with the exception of one. In that one exception the spot does not require a breach of the inital map boundaries.
-You should not reach spots from maps other than the one pictured.
-If a spot is leaked and efforts are made to deliberately hide it swiftly, retaining and using that information is forbidden.