• Welcome to Minr.org

Server IP: zero.minr.org 

Java Version: 1.20.2

Who are we?

Welcome to one of the oldest Minecraft servers and communities in the world! Zero.minr.org dates back over 13 years and has been consistently providing endless hours of fun and excitement for players from all over the globe. With an uptime of 99%, you can count on us to be here for you whenever you're in the mood for some challenging minecraft parkour, puzzles and mazes.

Our server is home to over 600+ challenges, each designed to keep you engaged and entertained for months on end. These challenges have been created, tested and curated by our green membership community, who are true experts in all things challenges! Our community is made up of some of the most dedicated and skilled players, who have completed our Hardcore set of challenges and continue to create new and innovative experiences for our server.

At our core, we are strongly committed to fair play and against any form of pay-to-win features. We have been privately funded since our inception, which has allowed us to provide a level playing field for all our players, free of any hidden advantages. This dedication to fair play has resulted in a thriving community where everyone has a chance to excel and showcase their skills.

So why not join us and become a part of something truly special? Who knows, you may even have what it takes to create a challenge that will remain on our server for years to come. Whether you're a seasoned Minecraft veteran or a newcomer to the game, we look forward to welcoming you to our server.

For more information about zero.minr.org click here.

Minr Wiki

Status
Not open for further replies.

rickyboy320

Administrator
Op
Nov 18, 2013
A few months ago I opened up the Minr Wiki to staff to get some initial content and testing in. Now that we've had some fiddling around with the tech and extensions, I feel it's time to open it up to the public (we need a ton of content still!)

Link: https://wiki.minr.org

I tried to mimic the forum colors to my best ability, but there are simply not enough 'layers' to mimic it completely, resulting in a bit of a boring theme. The current skin (chameleon) uses bootstrap (and less), so if you have any theme/css/less/color suggestions, please message me, or post in the thread. The goal is to make the same site work on mobile. Only a few fixed size boxes and selection bars are still kind of funky.

We're using mediawiki as backend. This is also used in wikipedia and other wiki projects. They have a whole assortment of extensions we can choose from, allowing some customization. Again if you have suggestions, please say so below.

Here's some basic formatting guide for the wiki: https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Help:Formatting. (Also linked in the Frequently asked questions page on the wiki).

Feel free to suggest how the wiki should be structured.

Don't contribute answers to puzzles and mazes, anything violating the server rules and anything inappropriate. No content is final and everything is subject to change, so feel free to do so.

Note that we do have a moderation plugin for unverified accounts (post here to verify your account), so that the site isn't spammed by bots and weirdoes.

Keep your content 'official' and factual. Don't add your opinion on things (if you really want to, you can use the talk pages, but in my opinion the forums are more structured for such things).

Todo list:
Any links that are red.
Cleaning up of some pages.
Anything you can come up with, that's not against the server rules.
Good overview of commands (I believe grave is still W.I.P. on this) - maybe a bit more like the official wiki, or whatever you can come up with. Needs a good overview.
If you need any plugin information (specifics of commands, ranks etc), message me.

Tldr;
Wiki: wiki.minr.org
You can help by editing things.
Without account you'll be moderated.
With account you have to be added to the auto-moderated group, so post your name here.

Mandatory link to what a wiki is: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wiki
And mandatory link to the wiki: https://wiki.minr.org

Zatharel

Другар
Op
Board
Nov 5, 2013
PSA: Type {{subst:Maps}} in any map page to load the template for map pages.

c_dric

Tinkering boomer
Op
Oct 26, 2013
Tip : If you want your pages to display an image and description when the link is shared on discord or on a social / chat app,
make sure to add an image and description tag in the info box :

upload_2017-8-11_14-58-15.png

Before :

upload_2017-8-11_14-59-42.png

After :

upload_2017-8-11_15-0-8.png

Hex

Board Grandpa
Op
Board
Jul 26, 2016
Made account called Hex, prepare for thoroughly crafted Valley map pages. :D

Hex

Board Grandpa
Op
Board
Jul 26, 2016
As I have discussed with @CreepaShadowz, the template provided could be improved. The current template is:
{{Infobox_Map
| image =
| caption = Caption.
| points = 1
| location = FFA
| mapcode = FFA-c-xxx
| creators = One, Two
| foodtype = Cooked Salmon
| foodamount = 64
| description = This is a description.
}}

== General ==
=== Map Identification ===

=== Story ===

=== Elements ===

=== Aesthetics ===

== Challenges ==

== Trivia ==

[[Category: Map]]

I'm proposing a few changes and clarifications.
First, Map Identification should NOT be a header. The information given in that section should be put before General and with no header just like any other wiki page.
Second, Challenges should NOT be a main header. It's not important enough to enough maps to warrant that. It should be a lesser header.
Third, a format specifically for map articles in regards to what information should be posted should be created, most likely in the style guide page. It's important for wiki contributors to follow the same rules and the same style to ensure consistency across all of the wiki. Once a format is solidified it should be used on a few map pages and once those are at an acceptable standard they should be referenced in the article so that people can see a real example of what map pages should look like. It should also be decided how vague or specific the descriptions of maps should be. I feel that they should air on the side of detailed rather than vague, as this is a wiki, not a summary.
Fourth, there should be text in certain sections of the template that is there to instruct people where to put things and this text's intention should be to be written over. A notable example would be at the bottom near [[Category: Map]] to instruct people to add other applicable categories.
Fifth, the Elements, Story and Aesthetics headers should be removed. They break up the flow of the article. Instead, they should all be under the General header, but in a set order. They should probably go in order of a paragraph about story > gameplay components > aesthetics. They need to be in a set order to ensure consistency and so anyone can look to a specific section of a page to find the information they are looking for.
Sixth, there should be more places to put pictures in the pages. They liven things up. They might fit well near the aesthetics section.

An improved version of the template should look something like this
{{Infobox_Map
| image =
| caption = Caption.
| points = 1
| location = FFA
| mapcode = FFA-c-xxx
| creators = One, Two
| foodamount = 64
| description = (mapname) is a (maptype) map on zero.minr.org and is worth (pointvalue) points upon completion. Use /c join (Map) to join the map.
}}
(add here summary of map with map type, creator, brief description and amount of points granted)
== General ==
(description of story)

(description of parkour/maze/puzzle elements with being careful to not give anything away that might make solving something easier)

(description of theme of map, blocks used and atmosphere)
=== Challenges ===
(list challenges associated with map)
== Trivia ==
(any interesting trivia)

[[Category: Map]] [[Category: (FFA/FFA+/HC/Valley/anyothers?]] [[Category (Puzzle, Maze, Parkour)]](make multiple category tags if multiple are applicable)

Anyways, thoughts? How can the template be improved? I'm being picky about it now so that all the standards are in order before too many map pages get created.

Sorry about this monster of a post.

Alphaesia

Maze Connoisseur
Op
Apr 21, 2014
Three other notes:
Firstly, categories exist for specially the FFA, FFA+ and the FFA++ Valley, so include the respective category as well as [[Category:Map]].

Second note, regarding the infobox:
For about 5/6 of the maps, food is irrelevant.
Change the Infoxbox so that if a map has normal food mechanics, leave out the food section(s) and have it not show up.
If it has no food, then don't have Cooked Fish x0, just make it display None.
If it has some food, keep it as it is right now.

Change Creators --> Creator(s)

Split Points field into Reward and difficulty. Not only for clarity (and as well as those who don't know how to equate points to difficulty), some maps reward 0 points but are not very easy. Specifically Retro, valley and board maps (if we even should make pages for the latter).

So change (Wool Town Retro Example):
to
Difficulty: Easy
Reward: 0 FFA Points.

Third note:
Someone (Zath?) suggested having an area for describing the creation of the map, which I think would be a good idea and the only spot we have for those stories right now are Articles on the forums. Especially useful for larger and grander maps.

rickyboy320

Administrator
Op
Nov 18, 2013
Three other notes:
For about 5/6 of the maps, food is irrelevant.
Change the Infoxbox so that if a map has normal food mechanics, leave out the food section(s) and have it not show up.
If it has no food, then don't have Cooked Fish x0, just make it display None.
If it has some food, keep it as it is right now.
This already works, if you just don't supply a food/foodamount value. See: https://wiki.minr.org/Template:Infobox_Map/doc#Examples

Change Creators --> Creator(s)
Fixed. Detects if multiple are present and adds the S when necessary (this REQUIRES the seperation of creators with ,)

Split Points field into Reward and difficulty. Not only for clarity (and as well as those who don't know how to equate points to difficulty), some maps reward 0 points but are not very easy. Specifically Retro, valley and board maps (if we even should make pages for the latter).
Fixed, automatically converts the amount of points to the difficulty string, but optionally a difficult parameter can be used to override this substitution.

If someone is willing to move over the articles on the forums to their respective map pages on the wiki, that'd be great.

Zatharel

Другар
Op
Board
Nov 5, 2013
As I have discussed with @CreepaShadowz, the template provided could be improved. The current template is:
{{Infobox_Map
| image =
| caption = Caption.
| points = 1
| location = FFA
| mapcode = FFA-c-xxx
| creators = One, Two
| foodamount = 64
| description = This is a description.
}}

== General ==
=== Map Identification ===

=== Story ===

=== Elements ===

=== Aesthetics ===

== Challenges ==

== Trivia ==

[[Category: Map]]

I'm proposing a few changes and clarifications.
First, Map Identification should NOT be a header. The information given in that section should be put before General and with no header just like any other wiki page.
Second, Challenges should NOT be a main header. It's not important enough to enough maps to warrant that. It should be a lesser header.
Third, a format specifically for map articles in regards to what information should be posted should be created, most likely in the style guide page. It's important for wiki contributors to follow the same rules and the same style to ensure consistency across all of the wiki. Once a format is solidified it should be used on a few map pages and once those are at an acceptable standard they should be referenced in the article so that people can see a real example of what map pages should look like. It should also be decided how vague or specific the descriptions of maps should be. I feel that they should air on the side of detailed rather than vague, as this is a wiki, not a summary.
Fourth, there should be text in certain sections of the template that is there to instruct people where to put things and this text's intention should be to be written over. A notable example would be at the bottom near [[Category: Map]] to instruct people to add other applicable categories.
Fifth, the Elements, Story and Aesthetics headers should be removed. They break up the flow of the article. Instead, they should all be under the General header, but in a set order. They should probably go in order of a paragraph about story > gameplay components > aesthetics. They need to be in a set order to ensure consistency and so anyone can look to a specific section of a page to find the information they are looking for.
Sixth, there should be more places to put pictures in the pages. They liven things up. They might fit well near the aesthetics section.

An improved version of the template should look something like this
{{Infobox_Map
| image =
| caption = Caption.
| points = 1
| location = FFA
| mapcode = FFA-c-xxx
| creators = One, Two
| foodamount = 64
| description = (mapname) is a (maptype) map on zero.minr.org and is worth (pointvalue) points upon completion. Use /c join (Map) to join the map.
}}
(add here summary of map with map type, creator, brief description and amount of points granted)
== General ==
(description of story)

(description of parkour/maze/puzzle elements with being careful to not give anything away that might make solving something easier)

(description of theme of map, blocks used and atmosphere)
=== Challenges ===
(list challenges associated with map)
== Trivia ==
(any interesting trivia)

[[Category: Map]] [[Category: (FFA/FFA+/HC/Valley/anyothers?]] [[Category (Puzzle, Maze, Parkour)]](make multiple category tags if multiple are applicable)

Anyways, thoughts? How can the template be improved? I'm being picky about it now so that all the standards are in order before too many map pages get created.

Sorry about this monster of a post.
Sure, template switched.

rickyboy320

Administrator
Op
Nov 18, 2013
Added CSS for mobilefriendly tables (and infoboxes, but that's automatic).
See https://wiki.minr.org/Challenge#Current Challenges source for how an example. (Table itself is 'normal', until screensize reduces below 480px)

Keep in mind to add the
scope="row" tags when using headers as 'fields' (in the example the first cells horizontally)
For all 'fields', you'll have to add the 'data-data' attribute with the corresponding title. This title will be used when displaying the field for mobile. (If someone knows how to use CSS to grab them from the th in the first row, that'd be great).

Code:
! scope="row" data-th="Challenge"| Beginner Maze Pack
| data-th="Maps"| [[Leaf Maze]], [[The Gallery]], [[Blitz]], [[Fire & Ice Maze]], [[Storm]]
| data-th="Conditions"| None
| data-th="Reward"| 10 C-Points
| data-th="Tag"| beginner2
So in short:
Add the data-th attributes to all fields, add the scope="row" to all horizontal header fields. (Unless, of course, the table is horizontal)

Starting the table should include the three classes: "wikitable", "mobiletable", "mobilecenter":
{| class="wikitable mobiletable mobilecenter"
And that should make the table mobilefriendly.

I noticed I suck at explaining this, so if you want a mobilefriendly table, and have no idea what I wrote here, and can't deduce it from the challenges page, feel free to ask me to do it.

Default table:
upload_2017-8-14_21-48-55.png

Mobile table:

upload_2017-8-14_21-49-19.png

Hex

Board Grandpa
Op
Board
Jul 26, 2016
@Zatharel in updating the template you forgot to add the Categories at the bottom of the page.

UPDATE: I got it don't worry

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.