• Welcome to Minr.org

Server IP: zero.minr.org 

Java Version: 1.20.2

Who are we?

Welcome to one of the oldest Minecraft servers and communities in the world! Zero.minr.org dates back over 13 years and has been consistently providing endless hours of fun and excitement for players from all over the globe. With an uptime of 99%, you can count on us to be here for you whenever you're in the mood for some challenging minecraft parkour, puzzles and mazes.

Our server is home to over 600+ challenges, each designed to keep you engaged and entertained for months on end. These challenges have been created, tested and curated by our green membership community, who are true experts in all things challenges! Our community is made up of some of the most dedicated and skilled players, who have completed our Hardcore set of challenges and continue to create new and innovative experiences for our server.

At our core, we are strongly committed to fair play and against any form of pay-to-win features. We have been privately funded since our inception, which has allowed us to provide a level playing field for all our players, free of any hidden advantages. This dedication to fair play has resulted in a thriving community where everyone has a chance to excel and showcase their skills.

So why not join us and become a part of something truly special? Who knows, you may even have what it takes to create a challenge that will remain on our server for years to come. Whether you're a seasoned Minecraft veteran or a newcomer to the game, we look forward to welcoming you to our server.

For more information about zero.minr.org click here.

Name changing

Boske

Peon
Greenie
May 12, 2014
So i just changed my minecraft name to remove the 88 at the end without thinking about it and of course I'm not green anymore and the world guard and stuff is probably broken.

Kristoffer Jelbring ‏@KrisJelbring 5h5 hours ago
Minecraft profile name changes are live. To change your name log in to http://account.mojang.com

Just a heads up for anyone reading it to not change your name and for the people that can fix it, to have a look.
No need to hurry, I'm still messing around in SSP when I'm playing and not really active on the server atm.

Boske

rickyboy320

Administrator
Op
Nov 18, 2013
Just a quick question, did you still have your points and ffa history? If not, that would be a problem in the checkpoint plugin aswell, which then should also require a fix.

Ajdj

Minr Admin
Op
Oct 28, 2013
the /whois listed boske as first joining in Jan 2012 (like most 2010 & 2011 greenies before the logs were up), and I'm 99% sure it was boske.

Going forward the only thing I can think of to verify someone's change is:

1. Inform us in advance of the name change so we can verify that it's the same person afterward (Over skype or a forum PM or something)
2. If someone has already changed their name, pull the logs for the old and new name, and see if IPs match & one stops joining post-change.

Once verified
1. Remove older name from perms (world region in worldguard, /set user default, for back to white rank (prefix &f for color change to white))
2. Reverse of one, add them to the usergroup for greens, add to world, and &a for the green color if there is issues.

HOWEVER.
Every other region with the user in it is still going to point to the older user, and all of those would have to be changed manually. That then becomes a pain...

Not sure about the long-term solution to this namchange =/

rickyboy320

Administrator
Op
Nov 18, 2013
Rather than going for the IP check, we could compare UUIDs in the logs and change accordingly. As far as I've searched world guard should've been updated to use UUIDs, and so has the permission plugin.

When updating to v6, your region data will be updated to use player UUIDs rather than their names.
Worldguard link: (newest beta: http://dev.bukkit.org/bukkit-plugins/worldguard/files/45-world-guard-6-0-beta-5/)
There's no 'stable' version yet, only betas.

A build of bPermissions for 1.8 has been released that actually works! This also supports UUIDs, so you'll need to convert your files with /permissions convert
bPermissions link: http://dev.bukkit.org/bukkit-plugins/bpermissions/files/166-v2-10-9i/
with the note:
THIS RELEASE WILL BREAK PLUGINS THAT RELY ON THE OLD BPERMISSIONS API
The checkpoint plugin softly relies on the API , setting blues when accessing HC.

So, both the plugins will update the userfiles so that nothing is lost. If we manage to update within 30 days (if that is how I hope mojang works), most playerdata may be retrievable before their namechange is 'final'. (People can occupy your name after a certain period has passed, and I hope that mojang keeps your UUID bound to that name until it's freed).

EDIT:
Tested the updated checkpoint plugin with the latest Bpermission version, should work just fine. I'm not the best with setting up groups/users and stuff, but when I clicked the 'HC sign' it added me to the fish group.

Last edited:

Alphaesia

Maze Connoisseur
Op
Apr 21, 2014
It would be a good idea to find out all of the UUIDs of the staff, then compare it with the guy who changes his name to an op.

I heard somewhere that it might announce in chat you have changed your name to whatever, but I'm not too sure.

Zatharel

Другар
Op
Board
Nov 5, 2013
What happens if someone changes their name to an OP name?
Then I get to say "I told you so", to everyone who starts saying "this name changing was a bad idea".

Though, wouldn't that be impossible unless the op changes his name first? I sincerely doubt anyone would believe that a whitie called Chillers123, e_dric or Ajdj456654 is an op.

rickyboy320

Administrator
Op
Nov 18, 2013
You have a 35 day graceperiod in which noone can take your name, after 30 days you can change your name again.
Opped players are already fixed using the minecraft system, so that's nothing to worry about. (They're stuck to your UUID). Though the orange name is stuck to your name (and so are the permissions).

In my opinion it's not a very good idea to change your name just yet, before we sorted those WorldGuard & permission bugs out. :)

(Anyone who did, please contact an op ASAP)

Boske

Peon
Greenie
May 12, 2014
Just a quick question, did you still have your points and ffa history? If not, that would be a problem in the checkpoint plugin aswell, which then should also require a fix.
I became green before the points system was in place (june 2011, so just a straight 10 lvls of hardcore) so i don't think i have any points and iirc i never finished any level in ffa. I did enter some ffa levels briefly though.

HOWEVER.
Every other region with the user in it is still going to point to the older user, and all of those would have to be changed manually. That then becomes a pain.../
Does this point to common regions like fairville (if i recall the name correctly - i mean the spots near -3000,2700)
I have the corner spot around -2850, 2550 there with a minecart tunnel to my base near my wedding picture pixel art.

If you guys don't want to mess around with perms etc, I don't mind waiting 30 days and changing my name back to what it was.
Otherwise I'll just leave it like this. You guys will probably have it sorted out before i beat the single player.
I still have to go to the end, fight wither, beat ocean monument and i want to finally find a jungle & desert temple so i still have quite a bit of work to do :)

Srentiln

minr op since Nov 2011
Op
Oct 28, 2013
If you know the coordinates of your regions, I can do a quick run around and update them when I get home.

Boske

Peon
Greenie
May 12, 2014
If it would fix things, I'll just change my name back to what it was asap.
I can always try to change it back when everything works a bit easier :)

Chillers

Administrator
Op
Oct 26, 2013
If it would fix things, I'll just change my name back to what it was asap.
I can always try to change it back when everything works a bit easier :)
It would probably be better, because you will lose all your saved regions if you don't know the coordinates.

Boske

Peon
Greenie
May 12, 2014
I've set a reminder in my calendar to change my name back as soon as I am allowed to do that (March 6th)

I hope i have at least stopped some people who were considering to change their name :)