1. Hi and welcome to Minr.org

Who are we?

We are minecrafts 3rd oldest server and the oldest challenge and parkour dedicated server in the world. Our map dates over 7.5 years and our server has had an uptime of 99%. We have over 250 challenges which will keep you occupied for months. All of our challenges have been created by our member base who have completed our hardcore maps. You yourself could one day be creating a challenge for our server if you ever achieve the green membership rank. For more information about zero.minr.org click here...

More information below.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest
Please take 5 minutes to complete this short survey about your experience on minr and how we can improve the server. Results will be published in the near future.
Please feel free to share this link.
Link to Survey

Suggestion New Command: “/c info”

Discussion in 'The Helpdesk' started by The_Fire_Ghoul, Apr 4, 2019.

1. The_Fire_Ghoul

The_Fire_Ghoul Minr Wiki Writer Greenie

People constantly ask what type and difficulty the maps they hear mentioned are, and if they’re in the middle of a map and can’t look in spawn, there’s no easy way to check. A really convenient solution to this would be a new “/c info [map]” command. This would not only give the type and points of the map in question, but quite a few other bits of information as well.

Here’s one possible format with each suggested piece:

Information for [map]:
    Mapcode: [xxx]
    Type: [Pure/Mixed] [Parkour/Maze/Puzzle/Adventure] ([List of secondary types if the map is mixed])
    Difficulty: [Very Easy/Easy/Novice/etc.] ([Corresponding color])
    Creator(s): [Creators]
    Mid-CPs: [Number of checkpoints between the start and end]

Here’s a few examples:

Information for Outpost:
    Mapcode: out
    Type: Pure Parkour
    Difficulty: Expert (Black)
    Creator(s): henniboy321, Zatharel
    Mid-CPs: 3

Information for Mario Parkour:
    Mapcode: mpk
    Type: Mixed Parkour (Includes Maze)
    Difficulty: Medium (Yellow)
    Creator(s): joeincoolland, nuffie1000
    Mid-CPs: None

Information for Detention 2:
    Mapcode: det2
    Type: Mixed Puzzle (Includes Parkour and Maze)
    Difficulty: Hard (Orange)
    Creator(s): pieceofcheese
    Mid-CPs: 2

Information for DOOM-ED:
    Mapcode: dd1
    Type: Adventure (Includes Puzzle, Parkour, and Mobs)
    Difficulty: Varied (Purple)
    Creator(s): PacksofPages
    Mid-CPs: 5 (all separate levels)

It doesn’t have to include all of these; I simply think something like this would be really convenient and handy.

• Like Like x 4
  2. Already exists for ops afaik.

I don't think midcps should be shown. Additionally, while some of that stuff is tracked by the plugin I don't think it is accurate at all.

I would support some /c getcode <map name> command though.

3. The_Fire_Ghoul

The omission of mid-CPs makes sense, but why not points, types, and creators? Types and creators would have to be entered in once and will never change, and points I’m pretty sure can be tracked automatically. If not, they wouldn’t be hard to keep up with anyway.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2019
  4. /c info already lists useful information such as creator, map type, difficulty level etc. However it also lists start and end signs locations which is not a wise idea to have public.

5. The_Fire_Ghoul

What about a “/c mapinfo” command or something of similar name, which does the same thing but without the start and end sign coordinates?

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  6. rickyboy320

rickyboy320 Penguin Master Op Board

We can just port /c info to greenies that shows less info. I was planning this as part of the command rework, but that'll take a bit to get implemented. If we want this asap, we can make something work though.

7. The_Fire_Ghoul

That’s fine, it can definitely wait for the command rework. Thanks!