• Welcome to Minr.org

Server IP: zero.minr.org 

Java Version: 1.20.2

Who are we?

Welcome to one of the oldest Minecraft servers and communities in the world! Zero.minr.org dates back over 13 years and has been consistently providing endless hours of fun and excitement for players from all over the globe. With an uptime of 99%, you can count on us to be here for you whenever you're in the mood for some challenging minecraft parkour, puzzles and mazes.

Our server is home to over 600+ challenges, each designed to keep you engaged and entertained for months on end. These challenges have been created, tested and curated by our green membership community, who are true experts in all things challenges! Our community is made up of some of the most dedicated and skilled players, who have completed our Hardcore set of challenges and continue to create new and innovative experiences for our server.

At our core, we are strongly committed to fair play and against any form of pay-to-win features. We have been privately funded since our inception, which has allowed us to provide a level playing field for all our players, free of any hidden advantages. This dedication to fair play has resulted in a thriving community where everyone has a chance to excel and showcase their skills.

So why not join us and become a part of something truly special? Who knows, you may even have what it takes to create a challenge that will remain on our server for years to come. Whether you're a seasoned Minecraft veteran or a newcomer to the game, we look forward to welcoming you to our server.

For more information about zero.minr.org click here.

Ninja Warrior 2018

HC12345

loves the culture
Op
Oct 26, 2013
Alright, for real this time:

Based off of an earlier questionnaire, Ninja Warrior will be making its return on January 6, 2018, a Saturday as per usual. It's our 8th tournament since Ninja Warrior has landed on Minr in 2013 (I think), and I'm hoping for a better turnout than last time - at least 30 players who show up?? The course has moved to a new location in Theta, and I'm glad to announce that there is no longer a need to be stuck in barrier boxes for the duration of the event, a severe hindrance to players' viewing experience.

There is one more thing that has changed, that being the event time; our friends down under (the Aussies and Creepa) have been missing out on events too much, so taking advantage of daylight savings, I'm going to experiment by shifting the event time to 2 hours later. The event times for major timezones are now as follows:

[Saturday]
US Pacific - 12pm
US East - 3pm
United Kingdom - 8pm
Central Europe - 9pm

[Sunday]
Australia/New South Wales - 7am
New Zealand - 9am

I'll probably run a couple practice sessions over the next two weeks. I'll also get a warp to the training course set up somewhere, so that'll make a return outside of Hexa too :>

If there are any questions, feel free to ask away! Hope to see you all competing in two weeks time.

-hc

Marrimars

Sleepy Forest Girl
Op
Board
Feb 7, 2016
PREDICTIONS

1. 4
2. 5
3. 13

edit: shit missed number 3, I guess my real entry is
1. 4
2. 5
3. 0

HC12345

loves the culture
Op
Oct 26, 2013
First of all, thanks to everyone for showing up today - we had less signups than last time, but a better show rate (last time we had like 40% of the field no show). I'm sorry about how stage 2 turned out, but balancing Ninja Warrior is a gradual process, and the best way to learn how to make the course better is by: hosting more Ninja Warriors! I'm planning to host NW9 during Easter, provided there's the interest for it. Anyways, fresh off this event, here are the 3 main takeaways from it:

-The time limit for Stage 1 is a bit too lenient. Everyone who beat Stage 1 today had at least 15 seconds left on the clock. I'm probably going to look towards cutting the time limit by 5-10 seconds for the next tournament.

-Stage 2 was rough today; 11 attempts, and no clears. I gave Stage 2 a run after the event and aced it with more than 10 seconds to go, but I can absolutely see why the time limit may be a little too much. I'm definitely not 100% satisfied with how Stage 2 is right now, and once again, I look to improve it over time. I'll probably bump the time limit up by 5-10 seconds for the next one, and maybe play around with different (modified) obstacles. The Unstable Bridge is here to stay though :)

-Stage 3 is way too easy for...Stage 3. At least, it feels like not much of a skill jump after that monster of a Stage 2. While no one's ever reached Stage 3 yet in the two competitions since the Ninja Warrior revamp, it's likely I'll look to make Stage 3 just a little bit more harder.

And now, the results from the random trivia game I did before we started Stage 1:

People who failed the Quad Steps: 4
People who no-showed: 5
People who beat Stage 1: 11

Reb and Odin get cookies for being closest!

---

Once again, thanks everyone for flying Ninja Warrior, and I hope to see you again in Easter. o/

-hc

PFried1313

CHICKEN
Greenie
Nov 4, 2016
thanks for hosting <3
Also, I completely agree with everything you said about the event. Imo the unstable bridge is pretty easy :)

HC12345

loves the culture
Op
Oct 26, 2013
Also, please don't set any homes at the NW course. You are only supposed to be on the NW course when permitted, either for testing or for event-related purposes.

If you have a home (or multiple homes) set at NW, please remove them ASAP. Thanks!