• Welcome to Minr.org

Server IP: zero.minr.org 

Java Version: 1.20.2

Who are we?

Welcome to one of the oldest Minecraft servers and communities in the world! Zero.minr.org dates back over 13 years and has been consistently providing endless hours of fun and excitement for players from all over the globe. With an uptime of 99%, you can count on us to be here for you whenever you're in the mood for some challenging minecraft parkour, puzzles and mazes.

Our server is home to over 600+ challenges, each designed to keep you engaged and entertained for months on end. These challenges have been created, tested and curated by our green membership community, who are true experts in all things challenges! Our community is made up of some of the most dedicated and skilled players, who have completed our Hardcore set of challenges and continue to create new and innovative experiences for our server.

At our core, we are strongly committed to fair play and against any form of pay-to-win features. We have been privately funded since our inception, which has allowed us to provide a level playing field for all our players, free of any hidden advantages. This dedication to fair play has resulted in a thriving community where everyone has a chance to excel and showcase their skills.

So why not join us and become a part of something truly special? Who knows, you may even have what it takes to create a challenge that will remain on our server for years to come. Whether you're a seasoned Minecraft veteran or a newcomer to the game, we look forward to welcoming you to our server.

For more information about zero.minr.org click here.

Old HC - Third Stage

Status
Not open for further replies.

NoSi

uwu
Greenie
Aug 15, 2018
You're able to skip about half of the third stage of Old HC with a somewhat simple momentum jump. Clearly a route not intended by the map creators so many years ago. Possible that some of top times on the map have used this shortcut.
Skip shown here:

Hex

Board Grandpa
Op
Board
Jul 26, 2016
You can sprint in Old HC. I don't know if an official decision was ever made to take sprint away, but it's never been talked about to take sprint away. There is the challenge Original Hardcore which makes you do it without sprint, so removing sprint would nullify that, and I'm not sure that's really the point of the map either. It wasn't intended by the map creators no, but neither was health regen, sprinting, or even any level of brightness. That section is bad for skips made possible by sprint. In my opinion patching this would actively make the run worse, because it's already hand-cramp city and making it longer only adds to the strain on the body. It would be justified it was patched though (and I'd be sad :c ) Doing the skip quickly also isn't the easiest thing. It's the only map in there with skips, the rest is just routing.

Alphaesia

Maze Connoisseur
Op
Apr 21, 2014
You can sprint in Old HC. I don't know if an official decision was ever made to take sprint away, but it's never been talked about to take sprint away. There is the challenge Original Hardcore which makes you do it without sprint, so removing sprint would nullify that, and I'm not sure that's really the point of the map either. It wasn't intended by the map creators no, but neither was health regen, sprinting, or even any level of brightness. That section is bad for skips made possible by sprint. In my opinion patching this would actively make the run worse, because it's already hand-cramp city and making it longer only adds to the strain on the body. It would be justified it was patched though (and I'd be sad :c ) Doing the skip quickly also isn't the easiest thing. It's the only map in there with skips, the rest is just routing.
It's a big enough of a skip thats easy enough to pull off that it should be patched, regardless of what speedrunners have done.

rmanimal

Space
Op
Jan 19, 2015
This time around in my opinion patching a skip like this takes some of the luster away from being a truly nostalgic map, even if the walls patching the skip are made invisible. I'd rather the map be faithful to the original hardcore run it is based off of, considering it's not a skip without sprint. Adding sprint and food regeneration already enables a skip of some sort in 3 of the 5 hardcore maps, and with the 1.13 water physics mechanics in that realm also make things faster. It would be awkward to add anti-skip protection for sprint to a map that is meant to be enjoyed without.

Alphaesia

Maze Connoisseur
Op
Apr 21, 2014
This time around in my opinion patching a skip like this takes some of the luster away from being a truly nostalgic map, even if the walls patching the skip are made invisible. I'd rather the map be faithful to the original hardcore run it is based off of, considering it's not a skip without sprint. Adding sprint and food regeneration already enables a skip of some sort in 3 of the 5 hardcore maps, and with the 1.13 water physics mechanics in that realm also make things faster. It would be awkward to add anti-skip protection for sprint to a map that is meant to be enjoyed without.
That's kinda self-contradictory. If you want the map (and subsequently the run) to be faithful to original hardcore, then that shortcut shouldn't be possible (as its only possible without sprint). It's also a rather large skip, skipping most of the map and cutting a third off of speedrun times, so its hardly a "minor" skip. It's really not that hard or intruding to block it, barriers or even glass (which would fit aesthetically) would be perfectly fine. I don't see either how it takes away from the nostalgia from the map (I don't think the skip would be nostalgic).

If patching this wipes out the top 3 times, that's not a bad thing. If a skip was abused to get the time, patching it shouldn't be prevented to preserve the times.

EDIT: Also note that the skip is fairly easy to execute.

Status
Not open for further replies.