• Welcome to Minr.org

Server IP: zero.minr.org 

Java Version: 1.20.2

Who are we?

Welcome to one of the oldest Minecraft servers and communities in the world! Zero.minr.org dates back over 13 years and has been consistently providing endless hours of fun and excitement for players from all over the globe. With an uptime of 99%, you can count on us to be here for you whenever you're in the mood for some challenging minecraft parkour, puzzles and mazes.

Our server is home to over 600+ challenges, each designed to keep you engaged and entertained for months on end. These challenges have been created, tested and curated by our green membership community, who are true experts in all things challenges! Our community is made up of some of the most dedicated and skilled players, who have completed our Hardcore set of challenges and continue to create new and innovative experiences for our server.

At our core, we are strongly committed to fair play and against any form of pay-to-win features. We have been privately funded since our inception, which has allowed us to provide a level playing field for all our players, free of any hidden advantages. This dedication to fair play has resulted in a thriving community where everyone has a chance to excel and showcase their skills.

So why not join us and become a part of something truly special? Who knows, you may even have what it takes to create a challenge that will remain on our server for years to come. Whether you're a seasoned Minecraft veteran or a newcomer to the game, we look forward to welcoming you to our server.

For more information about zero.minr.org click here.

Really?

Biff_Barker

New Fish
Greenie
Jan 20, 2020
Really guys? Is this who we are as a community? My guy over here Max asks if there are any ops online. This is one of his first messages, he hasn't said anything else before this. NoSi replies and lets Max know that he's an op, and Max asks him to kick him from the server. NoSi asks why, and Max says because "it wont let [him] leave." Max then says "a glitch." probably meaning that he can't leave due to a glitch. NoSi tells him that he can do /spawn to go back to the main lobby. This is fine, as Max could very well be talking about leaving a map. Max clarifies himself next, by saying that he needs to leave the server because it won't let him. Ezzaezza tells him to press escape and click disconnect to leave. First of all, that's how one leaves a server normally, so if he's saying that it won't let him, then that's probably not working for him. NoSi immediately repeats what Ezz just said. Max, probably getting a little frustrated and and maybe freaking out because there's some problem not allowing him to leave, says "please" - and then in all caps, "just kick me" "I cant" "It is a glitch". If you ignore the message by MCPDGamer in the middle of Max's messages, Max said 4 things in succession and 3 of which were in caps. This is by no standards spam or excessive cap usage. You could find plenty of examples of people saying 3 or 4 messages back to back. Pixiface states that Max is being dramatic, Ezz mentions that alt+f4 is an option, and then Chillers, with infinite wisdom, mutes Max. Really? You muted him? You could have kicked him and that would solve his problem, and it would achieve the same exact effect as muting him. My guy was asking for such a simple favor - and yes, everyone was trying to help him, but no one actually helped him. He could have definitely been more calm and clear, sure. But he was probably freaking out and he's probably young, so is it too much to ask to simply kick a guy? After the muting, people continue to try and help this man leave the server. Everyone's had a time where nothing would work, not alt+f4, not pressing the red x, not anything. It's not out of the realm of possibility that this guy could simply not leave the server, and wanted to be kicked to solve his problem. Would that even solve his problem if his minecraft/computer was acting this weirdly? Maybe not, but a simple kick is all he wanted. Instead of kicking this guy to end this problem instantly, people proceed to basically throw fun at Max. "take ur computer and drop it out a window" "if you are struggling to close the game i can presume it's a hacked client" "unplug your internet and throw it in a bin". Really? Is this how we treat newcomers? Do you expect him to want to come back after this? So dumb. Yes, he did end up leaving the server like 1 minute later. Solved his own problem. But the way it went... wildly different than you'd expect. Asks for help --> given help --> asks for specific help --> muted. Crazy

InkedCapture1_LI.jpg

InkedCapture2_LI.jpg

InkedCapture3_LI.jpg

I've blacked out messages that are not apart of the conversation.

Chillers

Administrator
Op
Oct 26, 2013
I've dealt with a few sarcastic people today looking for bans. One of which called me a racial slur personally. If your friend has the ability to join a server he most certainly has the ability to leave it.

He was muted for asking for a kick as I suspected that he was about escalate the situation.

If it makes you feel better your friend was unmuted the moment he left the server which was momentarily after he was muted coincidently.

Ajdj

Minr Admin
Op
Oct 28, 2013
I think(?) that they were trying to return to spawn.

We've got several commands (/hub, /spawn, /lobby) that all return back to the spawn that match the nomenclature of most other servers.

The book that all new players get upon joining the server details that kill returns to checkpoint, and spawn returns to the hub.

Staff get told maps are broken / glitched several times a day - I chalk this up to the user having no idea what they're doing.

Chillers

Administrator
Op
Oct 26, 2013
Not sure, they were persistent on a kick though. They knew what an op was, that they could be kicked, how to type in chat, how to join a server but no idea how to leave the game. It doesn't add up. I've had many players in the past ask for kicks for attention, I never give them. It usually ends with me muting them before they make the mistake of getting themselves banned.

Biff_Barker

New Fish
Greenie
Jan 20, 2020
In Aj's screenshot we see he was killing himself - which is a way to leave the server, which he said he was trying to do. One of NoSi's first responses was to do /spawn to return to the main lobby, but Max said he was trying to leave the server. This is pretty clear cut.

Yes, we can assume this person has enough intelligence to leave a server. I don't think he was pretending to be stupid. He obviously said it was a glitch. I've had my computer/minecraft application act up and not work as intended. Windows not responding, freezing, lagging, etc.

Chillers

Administrator
Op
Oct 26, 2013
It's pretty clear cut that he achieved leaving the server on his own accord. I do not hand out kicks just because players ask for it. Other mods may but I do not as it attracts attention in chat and on staff discussion channel. You'd be surprised how many players act up to get kicked or banned and I assumed this was one of them.

He was told how to disconnect by many players, he then started to escalate, to which I took action and muted.

I have nothing further to add.