Regarding World Tour 3 and Spam

Big

Bird Enthusiast
Greenie
Board
Mar 2, 2019
I'm a little worried to post this, as I doubt everyone will agree, but I have an issue with this map that I believe needs to be addressed. Given that World Tour 3 is an incredibly popular map in FFA+, we have a lot of players discovering it and playing it. And often, the first thing they do is fail the first jump. This displays a message in chat in which the player appears to say "I just fell on the first jump of World Tour 3! How embarrassing!"

When this was implemented, I admit, it was funny. At the time, I thought it was a hilarious addition to an incredible map. But nowadays, my feelings on this are different. I believe it is becoming spam at this point, and I would like to see something done about it.

My solution is to simply remove the sign that tells the player not to fail the first jump. Therefore, the joke will be retained, but people will not be encouraged to fall.

Dumbmutt

Outcasted Landscaper
Greenie
Board
Jul 30, 2018
Man I remember the one time I fell down onto that script, I felt like I was the worst parkourist in the world. I was so distraught that I felt like I couldn't even go further in the map. It took a gargantuan amount of mental strength and sheer fucking will just to make it to the first sphere as these emotions of failure and loss were weighing me down the whole 23 block walk. All of this, all of this pain; just to see ricky say some odd lines as I stepped on his weirdly shaped minecraft head.

Scyxer

Snapping Turtle
Greenie
Dec 3, 2020
Man I remember the one time I fell down onto that script, I felt like I was the worst parkourist in the world. I was so distraught that I felt like I couldn't even go further in the map. It took a gargantuan amount of mental strength and sheer fucking will just to make it to the first sphere as these emotions of failure and loss were weighing me down the whole 23 block walk. All of this, all of this pain; just to see ricky say some odd lines as I stepped on his weirdly shaped minecraft head.
what

Chillers

Administrator
Op
Oct 26, 2013
I added a delay to this a while back to prevent repeated spam, it would be possible to add a global cooldown so that it's only displayed once within x mins or hours.