Replace "Nightmare Fuel" in Odyssey

derNiklaas

New Fish
Greenie
Nov 29, 2020
The map "Wormhole" (wrm, Yellow Adventure) was replaced by "Nightmare Fuel" (nmf, Orange Adventure) in Odyssey because "Wormhole" is broken.
I've played both maps and must say that "Nightmare Fuel" is a way harder map with a lot more death potential.
Maybe "Nightmare Fuel" should be replaced for a adventure map with a similar difficulty and death potential.

Pieceofcheese87

always in a guda mood
Op
Oct 28, 2013
If you have a better candidate please let me know, I had trouble finding a replacement map

Mercata

Nightmare Connoisseur
Greenie
Jul 20, 2020
Greetings, all!

I've made 2 tiny adjustments to the deadliest portion of Nightmare Fuel (the lava parkour in CP1) with the aim of making this map both less deadly in the challenge and because I've seen A LOT of struggling on these two portions that look quite frustrating for those burning alive (and sending me angry messages via DM):

I'm quite sure that this map still sits comfortably within Orange range and doesn't necessarily warrant a reevaluation from Board, but I apologize if I'm incorrect about that. Tagging @Zombie for awareness in case Board wants to assess these changes.

(I never mentioned it on the forums, but I'd also *aherm* silently changed the map's two /kill holes to be loopbacks instead many months ago, also bringing down the levels of frustrating BS a bit.)