• Welcome to Minr.org

Server IP: zero.minr.org 

Java Version: 1.20.2

Who are we?

Welcome to one of the oldest Minecraft servers and communities in the world! Zero.minr.org dates back over 13 years and has been consistently providing endless hours of fun and excitement for players from all over the globe. With an uptime of 99%, you can count on us to be here for you whenever you're in the mood for some challenging minecraft parkour, puzzles and mazes.

Our server is home to over 600+ challenges, each designed to keep you engaged and entertained for months on end. These challenges have been created, tested and curated by our green membership community, who are true experts in all things challenges! Our community is made up of some of the most dedicated and skilled players, who have completed our Hardcore set of challenges and continue to create new and innovative experiences for our server.

At our core, we are strongly committed to fair play and against any form of pay-to-win features. We have been privately funded since our inception, which has allowed us to provide a level playing field for all our players, free of any hidden advantages. This dedication to fair play has resulted in a thriving community where everyone has a chance to excel and showcase their skills.

So why not join us and become a part of something truly special? Who knows, you may even have what it takes to create a challenge that will remain on our server for years to come. Whether you're a seasoned Minecraft veteran or a newcomer to the game, we look forward to welcoming you to our server.

For more information about zero.minr.org click here.

Rules Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ajdj

Minr Admin
Op
Oct 28, 2013
Hello everyone,

I have published an update to the server’s rules that myself and the staff team have been drafting for some time. None of these changes are new or radical; From my perspective, most of this is bringing the document up-to-speed on how the staff team has been enforcing the rules recently.

In summary, these are the major changes:
  • Redid the wording on minimum ban length to suggested appeal time. This phrasing was confusing, and this more accurately reflects how the times should be viewed.
  • Lowering 18-month appeal suggestions (Account swapping / hacking) to 12 - We aren't really enforcing bans that long for those infractions.
  • Revised all chat related offenses to be up to 1-month temp bans for the first infraction. Repeated offenses will still escalate to indefinite bans. This move makes us more consistent with other large servers, and more closely matches how we have been enforcing lower-level chat problems in recent times.
  • Added definitions / context for shortcuts vs skips vs exploits, and how we expect to handle each one. This was the result of several staff discussions on the subject.
  • Added section on abuse of elevated privileges for greenies. This section was added in response to several events that occurred over the last year. As I stated in this section: “The intent of this section is to affirm that greens need to tackle published maps fairly.”
  • Added additional information about 3rd+ ban appeals, as we have now had 2 or 3 of them in the server's history. This is another instance of catching up the document to what has been practiced.
There are also a few minor changes that were made as well:
  • A few QoL / Language / Hyperlink changes & additions.
  • Added clarification that the server’s rules also applied to discord on that page.
  • Slight clarification on what working together in a map looks like.
  • Removed all references to the second person (You / Your).

As always, the full server rules can be found here:

https://wiki.minr.org/Server_Rules

In addition, the difference of the previous version to the current version can be found here:

https://wiki.minr.org/index.php?title=Server_Rules&type=revision&diff=7824&oldid=7123

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks for reading,
AJ / The MINR Staff Team.

picklesthecheeta

Rarely in a pickle!
Greenie
Oct 7, 2016
I would like to ask a few questions prompted by the chat on discord today (these all obviously are only about parkour, not maze nor puzzle):

If somebody has completed a map, and they are in survival, they are allowed to type /call and help somebody else with parkour?
If somebody has *not* completed a map, and they are in survival, they are also allowed to type /call and help somebody else with parkour?

If somebody has completed a map in creative, they are *not* allowed to /call and help somebody else?
And for the sake of asking, even though the answer is probably no,
If somebody has not completed a map, they are again not allowed to /call and help somebody else.

And one more question:
Am I allowed to use creative to watch people playing my own maps, as long as they give me their permission?

I'm using the forums for these so that the answer will be much more permanent.

Ajdj

Minr Admin
Op
Oct 28, 2013
Related - The following question was asked on discord:

The new rule says creative in published maps is completely forbidden. At the moment, many people ask others for advice on how to do hard parkour jumps. This entails someone who has beaten the map /call’ing you (often being in creative, so they can easily show how to do the jump without having to repeatedly /call).

The player in the map should be in adventure / survival - that hasn't changed.

The person giving parkour assistance should also be in adventure / survival - They should not be in creative either. The end goal of this rule change was to eliminate creative in maps.

Big

Bird Enthusiast
Greenie
Mar 2, 2019
How do the rules apply when considering board maps or maps one created?

Berend

Active Player
Greenie
Nov 18, 2018
It's in the rules as published maps, I think creative in board maps is fine as we used to be able to rocket there, lower to green has no access to it and it grants no completion. (however flying above a maze in a board map to find a route is probably not a good idea)

djnysted

Active Player
Greenie
Mar 11, 2018
Just for sake of better understanding, what's the goal of removing creative from published maps? Other than just being good practice, of course. Does it help with detecting people flying in a non-legitimate way?

Status
Not open for further replies.