• Welcome to Minr.org

Server IP: zero.minr.org 

Java Version: 1.20.2

Who are we?

Welcome to one of the oldest Minecraft servers and communities in the world! Zero.minr.org dates back over 13 years and has been consistently providing endless hours of fun and excitement for players from all over the globe. With an uptime of 99%, you can count on us to be here for you whenever you're in the mood for some challenging minecraft parkour, puzzles and mazes.

Our server is home to over 600+ challenges, each designed to keep you engaged and entertained for months on end. These challenges have been created, tested and curated by our green membership community, who are true experts in all things challenges! Our community is made up of some of the most dedicated and skilled players, who have completed our Hardcore set of challenges and continue to create new and innovative experiences for our server.

At our core, we are strongly committed to fair play and against any form of pay-to-win features. We have been privately funded since our inception, which has allowed us to provide a level playing field for all our players, free of any hidden advantages. This dedication to fair play has resulted in a thriving community where everyone has a chance to excel and showcase their skills.

So why not join us and become a part of something truly special? Who knows, you may even have what it takes to create a challenge that will remain on our server for years to come. Whether you're a seasoned Minecraft veteran or a newcomer to the game, we look forward to welcoming you to our server.

For more information about zero.minr.org click here.

Server announcements for beating your first yellow and/or orange difficulty map.

Maple_1

Peon
Greenie
Jul 12, 2021
Hiya everyone!

I think there should be an announcement in chat whenever a player beats their first yellow/orange map, similar to how an announcement is made when a blue player completes a HC map or a red/black map is completed. It would be a fun way to uplift and encourage newer players, who I'm sure would be very happy to see the chat erupt in "gg"'s for them. Also, since it'd only be one time per player I don't think it would clog up the chat very much.

Thanks for reading, let me know what you think! Have a nice day ^^.

Shpeckly

Hihi
Op
Jan 5, 2020
I do think this is a good idea, but I do believe it would become a bit spammy, especially with a first yellow map completion message. Many new whities do yellow maps, and I would not be surprised if this caused upwards of 25 announcements a day, which I believe is too many. Orange maps will have less of a problem (because they are generally less completed than yellow maps by whities), but it may also be a problem. Even though it would only be once per player, see how many new people join every day. Though many of them don’t stay for too long or play hard maps, it will probably still cause a chat spam problem. An alternative to this would be to give an announcement for 100 points or for earning blue rank, which I think are bigger milestones now than, say, a year ago when getting blue was fairly simple. I would be more for this type of announcement. These are just my thoughts on this idea, but I do think it would be a good motivation for new players to have some sort of completion/milestone announcement.

FrananaSplits

Procrastinating <3
Mod
Board
Feb 18, 2021
shpeck definitely brings up a good alternative here. I agree that posting for the first yellow or orange completion could get super spammy (especially as FAQ quiz is a yellow). I would argue that if getting blue rank was announced, then it would essentially be a double announcement as it does already announce when someone starts hc, but there are a lot of blue players who wait a bit before starting hc. I also know a lot of players have a lot of pride in getting blue and often announce it in chat themselves as it when it happens so I would be down to see it automated.

_Trains_

off the rails!!
Greenie
Jul 26, 2019
Another thing I'd like to quickly mention is that the current color for hitting 10% is white, which doesn't stand out in chat at all and is both easily missable and downplays a cool milestone - maybe this could be any other color?

Alphaesia

Maze Connoisseur
Op
Apr 21, 2014
An alternative to this would be to give an announcement for 100 points or for earning blue rank, which I think are bigger milestones now than, say, a year ago when getting blue was fairly simple.
We already have this, just in the form of "X started Hardcore!" (which was intended to cover getting blue as well).

Another thing I'd like to quickly mention is that the current color for hitting 10% is white, which doesn't stand out in chat at all and is both easily missable and downplays a cool milestone - maybe this could be any other color?
It's meant to follow the rarity tiers (White -> Green -> Aqua -> Purple -> Gold) (for 10%, 25%, 50%, 75%, 100%).