• Welcome to Minr.org

Server IP: zero.minr.org 

Java Version: 1.20.2

Who are we?

Welcome to one of the oldest Minecraft servers and communities in the world! Zero.minr.org dates back over 13 years and has been consistently providing endless hours of fun and excitement for players from all over the globe. With an uptime of 99%, you can count on us to be here for you whenever you're in the mood for some challenging minecraft parkour, puzzles and mazes.

Our server is home to over 600+ challenges, each designed to keep you engaged and entertained for months on end. These challenges have been created, tested and curated by our green membership community, who are true experts in all things challenges! Our community is made up of some of the most dedicated and skilled players, who have completed our Hardcore set of challenges and continue to create new and innovative experiences for our server.

At our core, we are strongly committed to fair play and against any form of pay-to-win features. We have been privately funded since our inception, which has allowed us to provide a level playing field for all our players, free of any hidden advantages. This dedication to fair play has resulted in a thriving community where everyone has a chance to excel and showcase their skills.

So why not join us and become a part of something truly special? Who knows, you may even have what it takes to create a challenge that will remain on our server for years to come. Whether you're a seasoned Minecraft veteran or a newcomer to the game, we look forward to welcoming you to our server.

For more information about zero.minr.org click here.

So it's that time of year again

Chillers

Administrator
Op
Oct 26, 2013
So it's that time of year again where i look at making a new promotional video for Zero. Due to my inactivity i rarely get to see the new and latest additions to the server. So if you could please suggest places and mazes of interest please do so, along with the coordinates. I'm not promising anything at the moment, but it's become somewhat a yearly tradition for me and i'm hoping to get some time to do it soon, juggling round real life and the girlfriend moaning at me for being on the laptop too long (Yes that's what you've got to look forward to kids).

Any suggestions are welcome including footage and theme ideas.

Zatharel

Другар
Op
Board
Nov 5, 2013
Maps that should be included:
-Minas Tirith
-Troll Kingdom
-Cake Quake
-The Congo
-Aqueous

Places that should be included (that aren't maps):
-Vurture City (/warp VC)
-X
-Fortuna
-Eagg's city (/warp eaggcity)

Sound good?

Zatharel

Другар
Op
Board
Nov 5, 2013
I just want to add to maps: MYTH
I was going to suggest this, but what would you include from MYTH? The map only has an interior, the exterior is just cubes and walls.

+1 for Ninja Warrior and 154, I forgot to mention those.

henniboy321

Chicken eater
Greenie
Nov 2, 2013
I was going to suggest this, but what would you include from MYTH? The map only has an interior, the exterior is just cubes and walls.
That doesn't really matter does it? A video with only exterior? meh. I don't agree with you on this one

blie4

Not a Peon
Greenie
Nov 3, 2013
For MYTH, Chillers could just film that first open-area lava room with the pillars, its bigger than most of the other rooms in the map. Otherwise, the rest of the map is too compact to film anything, except maybe that cliff with the lava under it. The museum might be a good place to film too.

Zatharel

Другар
Op
Board
Nov 5, 2013
For MYTH, Chillers could just film that first open-area lava room with the pillars, its bigger than most of the other rooms in the map. Otherwise, the rest of the map is too compact to film anything, except maybe that cliff with the lava under it. The museum might be a good place to film too.
that's what I meant, blie managed to word it better then me.

Ajdj

Minr Admin
Op
Oct 28, 2013
I'm going to point out that the past few promos have focused around similar maps. Here is some newer stuff that came out in '13-'14 that could work.

Palmtree Panic
Pacman (in retro runner)
Project Sierra (you could get a good shot of the rocket/launchpad area.)
Block party (Nice aerial shots)
Solstice (An above-map shot of the underground rooms could work)
Troll Kingdom (beautiful cave-work)
Tower prowl (good above map shot)
Saytrs (good shot below the map at the end of the two things holding the maze up maybe)
Ghidora manor (good shots of the mansion)
Planets (good shots of the planets themselves
Lapiz plaza (gigantic city, they are still expanding out on, potential for good shots of some of the buildings there)
The great race 2 (very nice detail work in this map, might be worth looking into)
Monkey trumpets (kinda bizarre, could be interesting)
Atari (smaller shots, decent attention to detail though)
Humongous Fungus (Gigantic mushroom, could be a good one as a background shot or as a clip)
Traffic (the part where the road goes in a upside down loop could make for a good shot)
Bugs (Might be older, but could still make for good shots)
Candy-land (very brightly colored, large enough to have a bunch of different angles/things to photograph)

Also a shameless self promotion another thought, 4 corners had a rework in '13, and might be worthy as well.

Also, at some point in the video, it might be worth mentioning that we do community events (ninja warrior parkour competition, amazing race, capture the flag, etc)

Zatharel

Другар
Op
Board
Nov 5, 2013
+1 for Project Sierra, Block Party, Palmtree Panic and Candyland.
I only now realized that I forgot like half the maps I wanted to suggest...

blie4

Not a Peon
Greenie
Nov 3, 2013
I agree with Aj's thought that we could include Spleef, Ninja Warrior, Amazing Race, and Capture The Flag to show our sense of community a little bit better. (Capture The Flag can be found behind the bedrock wall at /warp r)

DistinctMadness

Old Green
Greenie
Nov 2, 2013
I hate to be the downer here, but if you're going to make a trailer, i generally would lose attention during this due to the massive amount of things you're putting in. While all these maps are fantaswow i would recommend you try to shorten that list some... Unless you plan on basically spamming the videos of the course in like 2 second bursts in which case the viewer would have no idea what is going on.

henniboy321

Chicken eater
Greenie
Nov 2, 2013
I hate to be the downer here, but if you're going to make a trailer, i generally would lose attention during this due to the massive amount of things you're putting in. While all these maps are fantaswow i would recommend you try to shorten that list some... Unless you plan on basically spamming the videos of the course in like 2 second bursts in which case the viewer would have no idea what is going on.
Correct me if i'm wrong but I think that was the whole idea, we give Chillers ideas so he can chose what exactly he will use, i'm pretty sure he won't use all these maps.

Apr 16, 2014
Our idea is to try to get the viewers a glimps at the types of maps and scenery there is. We are not showcasing ever map.

DistinctMadness

Old Green
Greenie
Nov 2, 2013
Correct me if i'm wrong but I think that was the whole idea, we give Chillers ideas so he can chose what exactly he will use, i'm pretty sure he won't use all these maps.
Oh my bad, thanks for the clarification
Our idea is to try to get the viewers a glimps at the types of maps and scenery there is. We are not showcasing ever map.
why did you just repeat what henni said in a different way an hour after he said it...

Chillers

Administrator
Op
Oct 26, 2013
@DistinctMadness If you have watched my trailers before that are usually well planned out and profile some popular maps within Zero.

@TheForgottenUser Yeah sure suggest music, however 99% of the time i'll end up picking something I was because that's how I want to theme the video. Although suggestions are always welcome, something good may sway my mind.