• Welcome to Minr.org

Server IP: zero.minr.org 

Java Version: 1.20.2

Who are we?

Welcome to one of the oldest Minecraft servers and communities in the world! Zero.minr.org dates back over 13 years and has been consistently providing endless hours of fun and excitement for players from all over the globe. With an uptime of 99%, you can count on us to be here for you whenever you're in the mood for some challenging minecraft parkour, puzzles and mazes.

Our server is home to over 600+ challenges, each designed to keep you engaged and entertained for months on end. These challenges have been created, tested and curated by our green membership community, who are true experts in all things challenges! Our community is made up of some of the most dedicated and skilled players, who have completed our Hardcore set of challenges and continue to create new and innovative experiences for our server.

At our core, we are strongly committed to fair play and against any form of pay-to-win features. We have been privately funded since our inception, which has allowed us to provide a level playing field for all our players, free of any hidden advantages. This dedication to fair play has resulted in a thriving community where everyone has a chance to excel and showcase their skills.

So why not join us and become a part of something truly special? Who knows, you may even have what it takes to create a challenge that will remain on our server for years to come. Whether you're a seasoned Minecraft veteran or a newcomer to the game, we look forward to welcoming you to our server.

For more information about zero.minr.org click here.

Terminally Laggy Spawn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fire

Absolute
May 13, 2015
An issue I've been having very often recently is my connection being stable and my ping low until I get sent to spawn and my connection tanks. Very often I'll have a ping of around 150, but as soon as I teleport to spawn, nothing will load, and my ping spikes into the many thousands I shortly get remote disconnected. I repeatedly try to log back on but to no avail--all I see is a blank void for about 15 seconds before getting remote disconnected, and I can only get out of this by having someone teleport me elsewhere, at which point it loads and I successfully login, but my ping stays in the thousands and slowly goes back down to around 150. This does not happen every time I teleport to spawn, nor it has not only happened in spawn, but almost every time this has happened, spawn has been the cause.

Does anyone know why this is? I know there's a lot in spawn, but what exactly causes this area to be immensely laggy compared to other crowded areas, and if someone is able to find that out, is there anything that can be done about it? I understand that whatever does cause this is likely there for good reason and can't simply be removed, so if nothing can be done that's fine and I understand, but I'm curious as to what causes it.

• Thinking
Reactions: Big

Big

Bird Enthusiast
Greenie
Mar 2, 2019
I have had this issue a few times as well, but not quite as extreme. For me, ping spikes upon logging in for about 10 seconds, then returns to normal.

Chillers

Administrator
Op
Oct 26, 2013
The only alternative i see, is perhaps moving the sections further out and having people teleport to them when they jump down. That should eliminate the loading in spawn. Of course server load doesn't help but i suspect it will die down in the coming months which will help. I seem to manage ok with a 300-400 ping on average. However realisitically player count is drastically affecting this.

Alphaesia

Maze Connoisseur
Op
Apr 21, 2014
The location you teleport to should have no effect on your latency to the server. There must be another factor at play.

Big

Bird Enthusiast
Greenie
Mar 2, 2019
It could simply be the fact that there is a lot going on at spawn, Bush with the mass amount of players and the amount of blocks and detail spawn contains.

Dumbmutt

Stargazer
Greenie
Jul 30, 2018
The spawn itself does have a large number of blocks to render at once, I've seen several people (even non greens) complain about massive amounts of lag around the spawn.

djnysted

Active Player
Greenie
Mar 11, 2018
My connection is pretty good, but spawn definitely takes the longest to load in out of all my warps and homes.

Hex

Board Grandpa
Op
Board
Jul 26, 2016
Could it be loading all of the signs at spawn? There are ~800-900 by my estimate.

Dumbmutt

Stargazer
Greenie
Jul 30, 2018
Even then It's just a massive build in general, and having tons of signs in one area with their own script (I don't know if that affects anything) probably doesn't help.

Hex

Board Grandpa
Op
Board
Jul 26, 2016
I doubt scripts have much problem, scripts aren't loaded client side. The amount of data on the signs would be my best guess. I can try doing some testing in the next few days.

Alphaesia

Maze Connoisseur
Op
Apr 21, 2014
The amount of data transferred won't be the issue. You would get vastly more data from visiting the forums or YouTube. Are you getting any warnings or errors in your (client) logs?

Fire

Absolute
May 13, 2015
The amount of data transferred won't be the issue. You would get vastly more data from visiting the forums or YouTube. Are you getting any warnings or errors in your (client) logs?
There's none unique to these situations—there is one I get, but it's every single time I log on, stable or not, so I don't think it has anything to do with this:
"[main/WARN]: Unknown custom packed identifier: minecraft:register"

Is there any way the place you warp to after you complete a map could be changed to a small room not in spawn, in which you have the option of going to spawn?

Alphaesia

Maze Connoisseur
Op
Apr 21, 2014
The warning is harmless, don't worry about it.

The place you warp to is always derived from where /spawn sends you to, so the only way to move it is to move spawn.

We've had these sorts of issues before in the past, the best thing I believe is just to wait a month or so and it will probably fix itself. In the meantime, you could try and search for some more debugging or profiling options to help us with information.

Status
Not open for further replies.