• Welcome to Minr.org

Server IP: zero.minr.org 

Java Version: 1.20.2

Who are we?

Welcome to one of the oldest Minecraft servers and communities in the world! Zero.minr.org dates back over 13 years and has been consistently providing endless hours of fun and excitement for players from all over the globe. With an uptime of 99%, you can count on us to be here for you whenever you're in the mood for some challenging minecraft parkour, puzzles and mazes.

Our server is home to over 600+ challenges, each designed to keep you engaged and entertained for months on end. These challenges have been created, tested and curated by our green membership community, who are true experts in all things challenges! Our community is made up of some of the most dedicated and skilled players, who have completed our Hardcore set of challenges and continue to create new and innovative experiences for our server.

At our core, we are strongly committed to fair play and against any form of pay-to-win features. We have been privately funded since our inception, which has allowed us to provide a level playing field for all our players, free of any hidden advantages. This dedication to fair play has resulted in a thriving community where everyone has a chance to excel and showcase their skills.

So why not join us and become a part of something truly special? Who knows, you may even have what it takes to create a challenge that will remain on our server for years to come. Whether you're a seasoned Minecraft veteran or a newcomer to the game, we look forward to welcoming you to our server.

For more information about zero.minr.org click here.

The greatest video game of all time.

_Trains_

off the rails!!
Greenie
Jul 26, 2019
I'm interested to get opinions on this. What do you all consider, if you had to pick one, to be the greatest video game of all time? This could be due to how amazing the game is, it's impact on both video game culture and society, and/or any other reason why you feel it's the best. Also, feel free to bring up your personal favourite game as well if the two answers are different.

For me, personally, I would most likely give it to Super Mario Galaxy. The soundtrack, game mechanics, and influence it had on video game culture is unprecedented and also set a new bar for Nintendo's expectancy as a game developing company. This game is absolutely phenomenal regardless of how many playthroughs of the game I do. Koji Kondo is the composer of the soundtrack and I consider it to be one of the best OST's in a game ever. In terms of it's success to the public, it won game of the year in 2007 from IGN, GameSpot, Kotaku, and many more. It continued to win many awards in the following years and ended up being ranked the best Wii game by IGN. It was also named by Eurogamer and IGN as the "Game of the Generation".

My personal favourite game however is Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Time/Darkness/Sky as I feel as if the art style, game mechanics, and storyline made it a magical experience for me during every playthrough. It was one of the few games to make me sob at the end of it, and has created a lasting impact on me that I'll cherish forever.

What do you guys think? I'm excited to hear everyone's idea of the best game of all time and their own favourite game.

Dumbmutt

Stargazer
Greenie
Jul 30, 2018
Sekiro.
That or Dark Souls (Any in the series).

These games taught me quite a lot of lessons of patience, responsibility and perseverance. That sounds a little deep but trust me, these games are no push over; I'd argue some of them are some of the hardest games ever created.

Last edited:

Big

Bird Enthusiast
Greenie
Mar 2, 2019
Super Mario Galaxy gives me the most nostalgia.

Pokémon Black and White 2 and Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire are also up there

and of course, Minecraft

ZCorsaire

Math Boi
Greenie
Apr 13, 2020
Fable II as my first RPG will always be special also I really love it.

Minecraft ofc

Bailey06

The Anti-Navigationalist
Op
Oct 29, 2017
Super Mario Galaxy would certainly be up there for me. Minecraft is somewhat of a given, I think.

Other than that, a game I hold very close to my heart is the Professor Layton series. This series is what got me into puzzles, backed with a genuinely fantastic soundtrack and beautiful storylines. I still play these over again even now (they got me through a lot of nights at summer camp where I was only allowed to bring my 3DS and iPod). Genuinely, those games hit hard. Shameless tears: I'd recommend any of those games to anyone, though my favorites are (in no particular order): Professor Layton and the Curious Village, Professor Layton and the Unwound Future, Professor Layton and the Last Specter, and Professor Layton and the Azran Legacy. I still have yet to play others like Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney.

Oneshot was also an amazing game. It showed me mechanics I'd never seen before and made me instantly connect with the main character in a way no other game has. Also, the music is so, so wonderful. In my opinion, it's saying something huge if a game can make me so invested within only a few hours worth of gameplay. Highly recommend. It makes you question your morals and think about some interesting philosophical questions, too.

Honorable mentions to games I never played myself (I tend to watch other people play games as I don't own any consoles): The Last Guardian (storyline/graphics), The Last Of Us (just a stellar game overall, I think), Uncharted 4: A Thief's End (gameplay/storyline/graphics), Undertale (Toby Fox did something outstanding with that game), Detroit: Become Human (really expanded on the idea of your actions having real consequences), and Doki Doki Literature Club (yes, unironically: Dan Salvato's marketing with this game was pretty brilliant and it pulled off its twists SO well). There are probably more I'm forgetting :' ). Granted this isn't just one game, but how can you choose just oneee ;-;

Last edited:

Alphaesia

Maze Connoisseur
Op
Apr 21, 2014
Portal 2.

Galaxy is amazing, but Portal is even better. (Also @_Trains_ Kondo didn't compose the OST, Mahito Yokota did. Kondo just supervised.)

Other personal picks are Minecraft and Pokemon Sword.

swimmy1212

Swimming around
Op
Feb 28, 2015
O shit another mystery dungeon fan? that's my number one fav game too, used to play it once a year, even started learning piano so I could try to play the music on it. Can't ask for a more moving and entertaining story. That hit at the perfect time in my life where I hadn't yet seen that type of storyline so every twist and idea was new and it just came together perfectly, an introduction to every sort of emotion you could feel from a game or story. One of those games I could die after playing. YOOM-TAH

In terms of best game, I'd probably put Portal 1. Elevated voice acting and writing in games and made a world that felt really haunting and surreal, I love the 'something feels off atmosphere' it has all the way through. I'd put it even over 2 personally, two is great but I don't think it had as much mystery as the first, except for the Cave Johnson sections.

Also, Lisa the Painful >>>>>

Last edited:

modern

not yet the future
Mod
Jun 13, 2020
When it comes to the best game ever made, I'd have to give it to MYST. It sparked the point and click adventure genre, and paved the way for every single puzzle game since. It also brought atmospheric storytelling into the medium, and without it, I feel video games would be much worse.

My favorite game of all time (barring Minecraft), is Cultist Simulator. It's a roguelike card game, dripping with secrets and atmosphere. I've played the game dozens of times and never once beaten it, or even come close, but the narrative it weaves is too much fun. I'm a sucker for the occult, I guess.

Bobtheblob

A Very Blobby Blob, That Happens To Be Called Bob.
Greenie
Feb 1, 2014
If I had to pick one....
Ratchet and Clank: Going Commando.
This game has an incredible amount of nostalgia for me, I remember playing the game when I was young and loving all of it. I replayed this so many times on the PS2, its the first game I ever played all the way through and had a massive influence on me as to why I first got into gaming. I have played many of the sequels and do intend on buying them all again just to relive many of my childhood memories.

luckylukecraft

Actually not that lucky
Op
Board
Sep 28, 2014
There are so many games to choose from... this is practically an impossible question. Heck, I'll give you a top 3.

My top 3 would be:
3) Portal 2
2) The Talos Principle
1) Super Mario Galaxy

SMG is mostly my favorite game because of the nostalgia that came with it. After not having listened to music for a while, I suddenly listened to the Buoy Base Soundtrack (which hands down is one of the most amazing soundtracks of SMG) and I was almost immediately brought to tears. Those joyful mornings at 6am where I would run downstairs to turn on the Wii and play Super Mario Galaxy, those amazing victories against bosses on Daredevil Mode after hours of trying... the stressful time trials with Purple Coins... SMG is practically my childhood and will always keep a special place in my heart.

spolendina

twpsyn
Op
Apr 30, 2017
In terms of impact on myself personally, it would have to be Minecraft. Not only is it just a great game that I've never really gotten tired of, it's been a vessel for meeting so many amazing people and having so many great times over the years. People who I'm great friends with now I never would have met without Minecraft, which is a crazy thought.

Considering things other than Minecraft though, I'll have to second the Super Mario Galaxy games. They were a huge part of my childhood and some of the few games that I saw all the way to the end as a kid. Super fun and creative with one of the best soundtracks ever. Even just listening back to it on youtube I get a little teary eyed with nostalgia.

Other favourite games include the Portal & Half-Life series and the Dark Souls series (mainly Dark Souls 2 and Bloodborne).

Moist_Towelette_

Overly Saturated Small Rag
Greenie
Dec 2, 2019
For me, one of my favorite games, if not my favorite is Stardew Valley. It is an astounding game for being only made by one developer. The graphics are 2d and pixelated which is super cute and not seen often today. The soundtrack is also just amazing. This game has such a great story and is overall extremely relaxing to play.

Bobtheblob

A Very Blobby Blob, That Happens To Be Called Bob.
Greenie
Feb 1, 2014
Never played, but the name of the game is giving me anxiety alone
Heh, it was also called Ratchet and Clank: Locked and Loaded. If that makes you feel any better.¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Poo
Reactions: Big

UltraOmiga

Lemony Girl
Greenie
Apr 30, 2020
Rogue Legacy, Mario Sunshine, The Legend of Zelda Majora’s Mask in that order.

Rogue Legacy is one of the most inventive and fun games of all time and I love it.

Before my grandmother passed away we took a trip to Washington DC when I was very young and for some reason there was a GameCube in the hotel and I got addicted toMario sunshine and to this day it remains one of my favorite games.

When I was in like fourth grade I discovered Ben Drowned and was terrified for years but instead of letting it control me, I one hundred percented the game in a weekend and fucking loved every second of it when I was in 7th grade. I still love it to this day.

Super Paper Mario is the best game I will ever play I love it to death and I could play it a million times over.

Reactions: Big

thepookabear

It's all good
Op
Apr 10, 2016
Uncharted 2: among thieves is prob my favorite. amazing story, great puzzles, cool environments. A thief’s end closely follows but nothing can beat my first play through of 2 and the finale and boss fight.

JonBimblesticks

going outside is for casuals
Greenie
Jul 27, 2019
Minecraft is absolutely my personal favourite and I have far more hours in that game then any other, just to make that clear.

I'm a real big fan of Super Mario Odyssey. I think the level design, music and the fluency of movement using Cappy makes it an extremely fun experience, and the sheer number of power moons makes it great to grind while listening to music. Plus, the ending sequence and the world you unlock after (not specifying either in case anybody hasn't played it) made me so happy I was smiling for a week. I actually have yet to 100% it (I procrastinate OK), but out of the many games I've played in the past few years few have given me as consistently an enjoyable and fun experience as Odyssey, and I cannot wait for the next 3D Mario game to be even better.

I'm a big advocate for SM64 and its romhacking community so naturally one of my favourite games is Super Mario Star Road, the quintessential SM64 romhack. It combines the excellent movement and star system of SM64 with brilliantly designed levels and phenomenal music. There's so much creativity everywhere in this hack, from the secret stars to the boss fights. It's extremely easy to set up, and I'd recommend anyone that's played the original give this hack a go and if you enjoy it go for all 130 stars, I've hit that milestone a couple times and it's fun to get there.

Assassin's Creed: Black Flag is brilliant. This is probably the first "adult" game I played, after graduating from a Wii to and Xbox One in 2013. The graphics on this blew me away, but the movement and the sheer satisfaction you get from nailing an aerial kill made me keep playing. For a solid six months or so in 2014, this was the only game I played. I regret nothing, easily the best game in the series.

Galaxy is excellent, but I'm going to refrain from writing about it in more description as I haven't beaten it yet.