• Welcome to Minr.org

Server IP: zero.minr.org 

Java Version: 1.20.2

Who are we?

Welcome to one of the oldest Minecraft servers and communities in the world! Zero.minr.org dates back over 13 years and has been consistently providing endless hours of fun and excitement for players from all over the globe. With an uptime of 99%, you can count on us to be here for you whenever you're in the mood for some challenging minecraft parkour, puzzles and mazes.

Our server is home to over 600+ challenges, each designed to keep you engaged and entertained for months on end. These challenges have been created, tested and curated by our green membership community, who are true experts in all things challenges! Our community is made up of some of the most dedicated and skilled players, who have completed our Hardcore set of challenges and continue to create new and innovative experiences for our server.

At our core, we are strongly committed to fair play and against any form of pay-to-win features. We have been privately funded since our inception, which has allowed us to provide a level playing field for all our players, free of any hidden advantages. This dedication to fair play has resulted in a thriving community where everyone has a chance to excel and showcase their skills.

So why not join us and become a part of something truly special? Who knows, you may even have what it takes to create a challenge that will remain on our server for years to come. Whether you're a seasoned Minecraft veteran or a newcomer to the game, we look forward to welcoming you to our server.

For more information about zero.minr.org click here.

The Mathwiz Chess Championship

Status
Not open for further replies.

JonBimblesticks

going outside is for casuals
Greenie
Jul 27, 2019
Update now that tournament has begun:
The bracket has been created, with the player on top playing white and the player below playing black. We would like all games in the first round to be completed within the next four days, and suggest you guys use discord chats with players to best facilitate this. Once you have a time, please contact myself or Trains.

Update: 02-07:
Signups are closed due to us having 32 players, if you really want to play message me on discord and I'll see what I can do.

With the addition of a live chess board at /warp chess, it's finally time for the server's very first live chess tournament! Myself and Trains are proud to present...

The Mathwiz Chess Championship, named after the famed creator of Chess Game, is a chess competition taking place entirely in Minecraft! Using the in-game chess board, players will duke it out in instant elimination rounds until we have a Mathwiz Chess Champion!

The tournament will commence this Friday 3rd July, and players will be able to organize their own games to ensure everybody who wants to can participate no matter their schedule.

For the first round, players will be randomly sorted into 16 matches, and the victor will progress to the next round while the loser will fall into a consolation bracket that will run alongside the main bracket. For the second round and onward, a loss means instant elimination. For the third round and onward, matches will be best-of-three.

Matches will consist of a single game of chess played using a chess timer where each side gets 30 minutes. The side a player plays on will be decided randomly. A player will be declared the victor if they checkmate their opponent, or their opponent runs out of time. In the event of a stalemate, the game will be played again. In the event of another stalemate, the winner will be whoever has the most time remaining.

Don't worry, Trains won't be playing as he's a co-host.

If you have any questions, feel free to comment here or message either of us on discord. To sign up, please leave a comment or react to this post with a thumbs up. We'd encourage everybody to sign up, and look forward to having some fun games!

List of Competitors (this will be updated frequently):
HC12345
rmanimal
Pieceofcheese87
Bailey06
NoSi

Bananbulle
luckylukecraft
CreepaShadowz
henniboy321
ZombieKiler
Lomour
Sulldas

abysmalglimmer
MeisterXenahort
Bahnarli
ilovenons
niltiac
Big
Fire
AverageIPA
Capry5
Shpeckly
pieterjan_1998
NathanDoesMC
MCPDGamer
ElectroUnderwear
icetoaurn
ZLimePi
MSaadM
paradoxdude
Lambbb
Dobby728

Total: 32

Last edited:

JonBimblesticks

Greenie
Jul 27, 2019
I would play but then ill lose my spot in wt3
If you're expecting to be in WT3 for the next few days it's probably best not to sign up yet, but if you do get out before Friday please put your name down, the more the better!

NoSi

uwu
Greenie
Aug 15, 2018
Is the whole event taking place on Friday? Or will it be continuing for a few days afterwards

_Trains_

off the rails!!
Greenie
Jul 26, 2019
I also will be playing the winner (and whoever else) in exhibition matches throughout the event for viewing pleasure! Please let me know if you want to play anytime, I'm always down if I'm not stuck in a map.

djnysted

Active Player
Greenie
Mar 11, 2018
Oops I think there was some confusion, I don't want to participate, I was just giving you guys the reaction score for the cool idea. That's why I reacted agree vs a thumbs up... can't chess to save my life.

HC12345

loves the culture
Op
Oct 26, 2013
if anyone's interested drop their chess.com username here and we can play some practice games

mine is "d0nked"

JonBimblesticks

Greenie
Jul 27, 2019
Is the whole event taking place on Friday? Or will it be continuing for a few days afterwards
The event will begin on Friday and there will be a timeframe set for each round of probably a few days but it ultimately depends on how many signups we get.

JonBimblesticks

Greenie
Jul 27, 2019
Oops I think there was some confusion, I don't want to participate, I was just giving you guys the reaction score for the cool idea. That's why I reacted agree vs a thumbs up... can't chess to save my life.
Thanks for clarifying, you've been removed from the competitors list

Status
Not open for further replies.