• Welcome to Minr.org

Server IP: zero.minr.org 

Java Version: 1.20.2

Who are we?

Welcome to one of the oldest Minecraft servers and communities in the world! Zero.minr.org dates back over 13 years and has been consistently providing endless hours of fun and excitement for players from all over the globe. With an uptime of 99%, you can count on us to be here for you whenever you're in the mood for some challenging minecraft parkour, puzzles and mazes.

Our server is home to over 600+ challenges, each designed to keep you engaged and entertained for months on end. These challenges have been created, tested and curated by our green membership community, who are true experts in all things challenges! Our community is made up of some of the most dedicated and skilled players, who have completed our Hardcore set of challenges and continue to create new and innovative experiences for our server.

At our core, we are strongly committed to fair play and against any form of pay-to-win features. We have been privately funded since our inception, which has allowed us to provide a level playing field for all our players, free of any hidden advantages. This dedication to fair play has resulted in a thriving community where everyone has a chance to excel and showcase their skills.

So why not join us and become a part of something truly special? Who knows, you may even have what it takes to create a challenge that will remain on our server for years to come. Whether you're a seasoned Minecraft veteran or a newcomer to the game, we look forward to welcoming you to our server.

For more information about zero.minr.org click here.

The Minr Showdown

Marrimars

Sleepy Forest Girl
Op
Board
Feb 7, 2016
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/318017463872913410/1157844649352900730/image.png?ex=651a165c&is=6518c4dc&hm=25be25c374a8b251dfafed86f39db640bdaa91d00909bca8f47a91e95996b8bf&

Welcome to the 'Showdown Isles', the setting for the first ever Minr Showdown!

What is this?
A Tournament, competition event, gameshow! Whatever word you would like to use to describe it. Players will compete against eachother in challenges while building and betraying alliances in order to be the last one standing. Somewhat inspired by other media such as Survivor or the Gelinor Games, but don't need to have any info about those in order to compete!!

Where is this?

This event will take part partially on minr, with in game challenges aswell as on discord where players can talk strategy and partake in smaller weekly challenges.

When is this?
The Showdown will start on October 22nd (hmmmmm) and will run for a set amount of weeks depending on signups. Aiming to have it end somewhere in december before the holidays.

Hey Marri, you haven't actually explained anything here, tell us more!
Well alright, here's a more detailed overview of the event.
The Minr Showdown will be divided into 'Weeks'. Each week contains a smaller challenge on discord (A Trial) that players can work on at any time, a larger challenge on Minr at a set time every weekend, and an elimination challenge (also on minr) where the losing teams are eliminated from the contest.

It will be played in teams of 2, but signups are done solo! You will later be able to request teammates, but I can't guarantee that you'll play with a specific person. It is however a great opportunity to compete with someone new!

Trials are contest taking place on discord that are announced on mondays and allow teams to perform it at any time during the week. It could for example be drawing something to a silly prompt, where competitors and spectators then get to vote on the winner. Top performers get a small advantage in this weeks Showdown Challenge.
Anyone can partake in Trials, including spectators and eliminated players. Have a funny idea? Submit it! If you win, you get to pick your favourite team to get the prize.

Showdown Challenges are the major weekly events, taking place on the Minr Server. I won't give any examples of what you might see here to keep my secrets but it'll be a larger event lasting for up to 2 hours where top performers get perks such as immunity from the elimination challenge or extra votes. If you lose however, you mind find yourself in an....

Elimination Challenge, which marks the end of each week. Teams may end up here by either getting last in showdown challenges, or by being voted into one by the other teams, as after each showdown challenge every team will submit votes for one other team to send them directly to elimination! Elimination challenges are shorter more cutthroat contests where the lowest performers are eliminated from the event.

Okay sounds cool, but how do I join?
Reply to this post! (And join the discord server once it opens)
If you sign up, because the format of the event requires a larger group of players to meet each week, I ask that you're free on most Saturdays at 2pm est (8pm cest) for up to ~3 hours. However, sometimes more important things come up, or you become sick etc which means that if you're unable to partake, that's fine!

To solve this, I will also accept players to sign up as substitutes. Wont be available all weeks but still want a chance to play? Sign up as a sub! You'll be asked to fill in for players unable to participate in a weekly challenge, either as a one time assistance or permanent if necessary.

Because some challenges include greenie permissions and areas, only Greenie+ players will be able to sign up as main players, but blues are more than welcome to sign up as subs! Some challenges are perfectly compatible with blue permissions, and you may be asked to hop in for a week!

One final note, currently I'm looking at a 24 player format, but can both lower or increase this if necessary. This means that if there's a lot of signups you may not be able to partake as a main player.

Discord server link should be up soon-ish, and if you have any questions feel free to send them here on the thread or to me on discord. I've been working on this one for a little bit, so I hope anyone partaking will have fun!!

-Marri

Update: Discord server is now up, join here! https://discord.gg/3hQZE7zfTZ

Last edited:

AverageIPA

Well-Known Player
Op
Board
Oct 26, 2017
{Edit} Schedule coming up looks hectic count me as a sub

Last edited:

fleet_prankster

New Fish
Whitey
Oct 1, 2023
signing up for the showdown (as a sub rn, working on green)

Edit: dont know why it thinks I'm white. I am currently in hardcore.

Last edited: