• Welcome to Minr.org

Server IP: zero.minr.org 

Java Version: 1.20.2

Who are we?

Welcome to one of the oldest Minecraft servers and communities in the world! Zero.minr.org dates back over 13 years and has been consistently providing endless hours of fun and excitement for players from all over the globe. With an uptime of 99%, you can count on us to be here for you whenever you're in the mood for some challenging minecraft parkour, puzzles and mazes.

Our server is home to over 600+ challenges, each designed to keep you engaged and entertained for months on end. These challenges have been created, tested and curated by our green membership community, who are true experts in all things challenges! Our community is made up of some of the most dedicated and skilled players, who have completed our Hardcore set of challenges and continue to create new and innovative experiences for our server.

At our core, we are strongly committed to fair play and against any form of pay-to-win features. We have been privately funded since our inception, which has allowed us to provide a level playing field for all our players, free of any hidden advantages. This dedication to fair play has resulted in a thriving community where everyone has a chance to excel and showcase their skills.

So why not join us and become a part of something truly special? Who knows, you may even have what it takes to create a challenge that will remain on our server for years to come. Whether you're a seasoned Minecraft veteran or a newcomer to the game, we look forward to welcoming you to our server.

For more information about zero.minr.org click here.

The Username Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

modern

not yet the future
Mod
Jun 13, 2020
Hey! Back in 2013, I was introduced to a forum game called "The Username Game". It was similar in style to the classic 60's show "The Dating Game", except the goal was not to find a date, but to correctly guess who the mystery contestants were. I thought it would be fun to bring here, but I've never ran it before, so I'm just going to run one test round and see how it goes.

THE USERNAME GAME

it's pretty simple.

THE RULES:
  • There are three "contestants" and one "host".
  • The contestants remain anonymous, trying to keep their identity secret from the host.
  • The host asks the three contestants one question every round, trying to figure out who each of the contestants are.

• The contestants must answer honestly, and cannot avoid the question. This is at the discresion of the person running the game (me), and the host. If a contestant has been determined to be lying, they automatically lose.
  • In between each round, after the contestants have answered the question, the host gets one guess. If they can correctly identify the contestant's identity, that contestant is out of the game.
  • Play continues until there is only one contestant left. After that, the host can ask one more question before making a final guess.
  • If the host cannot guess the final contestant's identity, that contestant wins!
  • Additionally, if any player's identity is incorrectly guessed more than 5 times, they automatically win.
Any questions about the rules should be brought to me via DM, to preserve anonymity. My job in running the game is to collect responses from the host and contestants. Each rounds question will be posted by the host, but the answers from the contestants will be posted by me.

HOW DO I PLAY?

The contestants and the host will be chosen with a random number generator after a sufficient number of responses has been collected.

Good luck!

EDIT: The first game has ended! The second game will start soon. Same signup sheet.

Last edited:

modern

not yet the future
Mod
Jun 13, 2020

Let the game begin!

Our host for this game is Shpeckly.
Our three contestants will only be known as Tango, Caravan, and Jerry.

Who are they? No one knows (yet).

If you were not picked to be a contestant or host, do not worry! Half the fun of this game is trying to beat the host to the punch of figuring out who the contestants are. Shpeckly can ask questions of the audience for clues, and I will be taking polls later in the game for the audience to input who they think the true identities of our contestants are! If you want to stay updated, watch this thread!

Without further ado, here is the host's first question:
"Assuming you have been on a Minr VC, describe the funniest moment during a call in the past year. "

Good luck and have fun!

modern

not yet the future
Mod
Jun 13, 2020
Assuming you have been on a Minr VC, describe the funniest moment during a call in the past year.

TANGO:

"When we played among us for the first time and everyone went fucking wild"

CARAVAN:
"When 2 people drove to a Dairy Queen on VC to get ice cream"

JERRY:
"Probably that time people were riding on llamas suspended underneath minecarts"

Host, please make your first guess as to a contestant's identity!

modern

not yet the future
Mod
Jun 13, 2020
Incorrect.

Round 2

What is your question for the contestants?

Shpeckly

Hihi
Op
Jan 5, 2020
Q2:
Would you rather have to speed run 3 yellow parkour maps until you have #1 on each, or have to speed run Ember Island until you have #1 on it?

modern

not yet the future
Mod
Jun 13, 2020
Would you rather have to speed run 3 yellow parkour maps until you have #1 on each, or have to speed run Ember Island until you have #1 on it?

TANGO:

"Ember island because it’s a harder map being more and more hard and less wanted to be run"

CARAVAN:
"Speedrun 3 yellow parkour maps until I have #1 on each"

JERRY:
"I would rather speed run the 3 yellow maps"

Host, please make your second guess as to a contestant's identity!

modern

not yet the future
Mod
Jun 13, 2020
Incorrect.

Round 3

Shpeckly

Hihi
Op
Jan 5, 2020
Q3:
On a scale of 1-10, are you more of an introverted or extroverted person when talking with people you do not know well? (1 being super introverted, 10 super extroverted)

modern

not yet the future
Mod
Jun 13, 2020
On a scale of 1-10, are you more of an introverted or extroverted person when talking with people you do not know well? (1 being super introverted, 10 super extroverted)

TANGO:

"10"

CARAVAN:
"I would probably put myself between 7-9"

JERRY:
"in real life it's around a 2. on the internet more like a 5"

Host, please make your third guess as to a contestant's identity!

modern

not yet the future
Mod
Jun 13, 2020
Incorrect.

Round 4

Shpeckly

Hihi
Op
Jan 5, 2020
Q4:
Would you consider yourself to be more of an artistic person (music, art, etc) or scientific person(logical, mathematic)?

modern

not yet the future
Mod
Jun 13, 2020
Would you consider yourself to be more of an artistic person (music, art, etc) or scientific person(logical, mathematic)?

TANGO:

"Artsy person"

CARAVAN:
"Scientific"

JERRY:
"I'm definitely more of a scientific person"

Host, please make your fourth guess as to a contestant's identity!

modern

not yet the future
Mod
Jun 13, 2020
Incorrect.

Round 5

modern

not yet the future
Mod
Jun 13, 2020
How would you describe your scripting abilities?

TANGO:

"Categorically Terrible"

CARAVAN:
"I cannot script at all, never even tried"

JERRY:
"Competent in functions, namespaces, and able to come up with an implementation plan for most ideas"

Host, please make your fifth guess as to a contestant's identity!

modern

not yet the future
Mod
Jun 13, 2020
Hey audience members!

If you've been watching the thread and want to participate in the game, fill out the below form with your guesses as to who the three contestants are:

Make a guess!

The results will be released at the end of the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.