• Welcome to Minr.org

Server IP: zero.minr.org 

Java Version: 1.20.2

Who are we?

Welcome to one of the oldest Minecraft servers and communities in the world! Zero.minr.org dates back over 13 years and has been consistently providing endless hours of fun and excitement for players from all over the globe. With an uptime of 99%, you can count on us to be here for you whenever you're in the mood for some challenging minecraft parkour, puzzles and mazes.

Our server is home to over 600+ challenges, each designed to keep you engaged and entertained for months on end. These challenges have been created, tested and curated by our green membership community, who are true experts in all things challenges! Our community is made up of some of the most dedicated and skilled players, who have completed our Hardcore set of challenges and continue to create new and innovative experiences for our server.

At our core, we are strongly committed to fair play and against any form of pay-to-win features. We have been privately funded since our inception, which has allowed us to provide a level playing field for all our players, free of any hidden advantages. This dedication to fair play has resulted in a thriving community where everyone has a chance to excel and showcase their skills.

So why not join us and become a part of something truly special? Who knows, you may even have what it takes to create a challenge that will remain on our server for years to come. Whether you're a seasoned Minecraft veteran or a newcomer to the game, we look forward to welcoming you to our server.

For more information about zero.minr.org click here.

Unfair In Rainbows Rocket Jump

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fire

Absolute
May 13, 2015
In the second part of the Verdant section of In Rainbows, some of the rocket jumps are very close to impossible for those with lower ping. If you have bad/higher ping, these jumps are super easy, but with if your ping is really good, these jumps are complete and utter nightmare, sometimes spending minutes at a time trying to get through some of these. This comes to show the most in this one particular jump there you have just 4 blocks of height to make it into a hole, which is so insane, I think it might actually be impossible if your ping is low enough. Every time I've gone through this section before, I've had to go into my browser and open up 5 or 6 tabs of video to manually get my ping down just to do these insane jumps in a reasonable amount amount of time. I've heard people say that this isn't too much trouble and that you just need the right timing, but as you can see in this video here, I nail the timing about as close to the edge as I possibly can and still don't make it in.
There were many attempts where my timing was off (barely), but there were many where it was spot on but I still don't make it. If this is indeed possible with the ping I have, the timing must be frame-perfect--a timing that's simply too crazy and luck-based to expect people to get.

This is the only jump that seems to be as just-about-impossible as it is (being the only one with 4 blocks for height), so my request is for this hole to be moved up one or two blocks, or for the rocket plate to be moved down one or two blocks.

Last edited:

Fire

Absolute
May 13, 2015
Oh right... then yeah that one ought to be nerfed as well.

awkward_hamster

Active Player
Greenie
Jan 4, 2014
iirc there’s better tactics for making these tight jumps than walking off the pressure plates and jumping. When I tried the map first I struggled because I was doing that. Try sprinting off the plate and jumping last minute or jumping on and off the plate whilst sprinting (a bit like a forced momentum but moving onto the plate in mid air).

PurpleEscapade

Peon
Greenie
Aug 20, 2017
what I do is I sidestep. I will jump over the plate and land onto the middle of the plate, then I will sidestep off of it towards the hole. Takes a few tries but eventually works. I don't think you want to start off being already on the plate though, I tried that and it was waaay harder.

rickyboy320

Administrator
Op
Nov 18, 2013
After having tried this jump on a localhost (that is 0 ping), I can indeed confirm that this is impossible with a very low ping, and that it is definitely not a matter of technique.

@Metsune any way we can change this so it is more friendly on low ping users?

spolendina

twpsyn
Op
Apr 30, 2017
After having tried this jump on a localhost (that is 0 ping), I can indeed confirm that this is impossible with a very low ping, and that it is definitely not a matter of technique.

@Metsune any way we can change this so it is more friendly on low ping users?
I'll see what I can do

Status
Not open for further replies.