• Welcome to Minr.org

Server IP: zero.minr.org 

Java Version: 1.20.2

Who are we?

Welcome to one of the oldest Minecraft servers and communities in the world! Zero.minr.org dates back over 13 years and has been consistently providing endless hours of fun and excitement for players from all over the globe. With an uptime of 99%, you can count on us to be here for you whenever you're in the mood for some challenging minecraft parkour, puzzles and mazes.

Our server is home to over 600+ challenges, each designed to keep you engaged and entertained for months on end. These challenges have been created, tested and curated by our green membership community, who are true experts in all things challenges! Our community is made up of some of the most dedicated and skilled players, who have completed our Hardcore set of challenges and continue to create new and innovative experiences for our server.

At our core, we are strongly committed to fair play and against any form of pay-to-win features. We have been privately funded since our inception, which has allowed us to provide a level playing field for all our players, free of any hidden advantages. This dedication to fair play has resulted in a thriving community where everyone has a chance to excel and showcase their skills.

So why not join us and become a part of something truly special? Who knows, you may even have what it takes to create a challenge that will remain on our server for years to come. Whether you're a seasoned Minecraft veteran or a newcomer to the game, we look forward to welcoming you to our server.

For more information about zero.minr.org click here.

Upgrade The Coke Can Lock

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fire

Absolute
May 13, 2015
The Coke Can is a great maze with an interesting memory test at the end, one that catches many off guard. But I think that we can all agree that redstone for the lock is horrendously slow by today's standards and breaks very easily and often. There are much faster and better ways to do exactly what the current lock does (a cycling of blocks) with command blocks, scripts, and simply better redstone--all ones that don't break. One method could be the way the first puzzle in The Varied 11 works--changing command blocks with a fast-button replace that makes it quick. Of course there are other ways as well, but in my opinion, if we're to go through with this, we should overhaul the lock entirely to make a new, much faster one.
Some might say that the slowness of the lock is part of the map, to which I say that it simply isn't, and that the lock was probably made under the limitations of the current version of MC, and perhaps skyerzz's lack of knowledge for a better way at the time. This won't affect speedruns either, because the door is preemptively opened before most runs.

@skyerzz are you okay with this change to Coke Can?

henniboy321

Chicken eater
Greenie
Nov 2, 2013
I believe at the time this was probably the most optimal way to do it. I have an idea to remake it and increase the speed of the contraptions although it would be a lot less compact so I suggest we wait for 1.13 so we can do this with scripts? (people who know scripts, can you confirm this is possible?)
I don't think skyerzz checks these forums anymore, last time I contacted him was through the hypixel forums.

EDIT: sky did see this, he's fixing it right now

skyerzz

Awesome
Greenie
Nov 2, 2013
Back in the day, this was an amazing solution because it was tileable, which made it look way better than a combination lock!

Unfortunately, the emphasis is on "back in the day" which should be close to 3 years ago now...

I've ripped out the entire system and replaced it with ~400 command blocks which makes the entire lock super fast now :)

Status
Not open for further replies.